NBC Sports Edge Forums

Hunter Henry 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, gus030 said:

Kelce had 2 bad weeks I guess I should drop him too

Last time I checked Henry doesn't have a 1,100yd season under his belt to reassure owners things will get better.  Not really an accurate comparison.  

Drafted Henry, start Wk 1 for a doughnut. Add Brate, who has 2-something points standard while Henry catches a TD on bench. Drop Brate who scores TD while Henry gets doughnut #2. 

So Yeah - dude is fool's gold. No better than any TE on the wire who will do the same.

21 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

Drafted Henry, start Wk 1 for a doughnut. Add Brate, who has 2-something points standard while Henry catches a TD on bench. Drop Brate who scores TD while Henry gets doughnut #2. 

So Yeah - dude is fool's gold. No better than any TE on the wire who will do the same.

Lies!

30 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

Henry fooling people so good he got them thinking he getting TDs lol

Rivers was awful and I'm waiting to see the snap breakdown but I'm guessing Henry was again used primarily as a blocker like in week 1. Unfortunately Henry might be game script dependant but it might be reasonably easy to predict.

In week 1 Henry was used to help stop Von Miller and im guessing he lined up primarily as a blocker in week 3 to help stop Justin Houston.

If that's the case you should probably bench Henry against teams with an elite pass rusher and he's a high end start againt teams who don't. 

31 minutes ago, Squidward said:

Dropping him and rolling with Engram ROS. I can't risk playing a TE that has a high chance of having absolutely zero involvement with the game plan. Zero targets is horrible :wacko:

He is not droppable unless there is a clear high upside, starter worth asset on the waivers. He's droppable in a few weeks if he continues to have donuts. The state of tight ends is atrocious and this guy will get scooped up on the wire. Make no mistake.

5 hours ago, munde53 said:

Rivers was awful and I'm waiting to see the snap breakdown but I'm guessing Henry was again used primarily as a blocker like in week 1. Unfortunately Henry might be game script dependant but it might be reasonably easy to predict.

In week 1 Henry was used to help stop Von Miller and im guessing he lined up primarily as a blocker in week 3 to help stop Justin Houston.

If that's the case you should probably bench Henry against teams with an elite pass rusher and he's a high end start againt teams who don't. 

The opportunity cost of rostering two TEs is prohibitive in most formats. Bench spots are likely better reserved for bites of the RB apple than employing a TE platoon and/or stashing a TE2 like Henry and hoping for an injury to Gates or some other event that leads to increased involvement.

I'd say starting him vs the Chiefs when he was going to have to block for the entire game was bad FF coaching.  We already saw that Vs the Broncos he only ran 7 patterns, so it was predictable that he would be used similarly vs the Chiefs.  Looking at his schedule going forward, it appears he'll be a blocking TE for much of the rest of the season.  For the Chargers he's more valuable as a blocker since they have plenty of pass catchers and their oline is just so so.

Edited by Red Dog
2 hours ago, augustine said:

The opportunity cost of rostering two TEs is prohibitive in most formats. Bench spots are likely better reserved for bites of the RB apple than employing a TE platoon and/or stashing a TE2 like Henry and hoping for an injury to Gates or some other event that leads to increased involvement.

It's not prohibitive when you play in a league with sharks and when the waiver wire is like buzzards scouring over remains in the desert. A top-12 TE is an asset, and is an asset worth owning. There is absolutely nothing on the waivers in my league. Even after Week 3, there is nothing there.

Supply and demand. I'm not giving up on Hunter Henry because the upside is there. The Chargers are 0-3. Something has to change.

1 hour ago, Red Dog said:

I'd say starting him vs the Chiefs when he was going to have to block for the entire game was bad FF coaching.  We already saw that Vs the Broncos he only ran 7 patterns, so it was predictable that he would be used similarly vs the Chiefs.  Looking at his schedule going forward, it appears he'll be a blocking TE for much of the rest of the season.  For the Chargers he's more valuable as a blocker since they have plenty of pass catchers and their oline is just so so.

This is also bad logic. What about Miami? They have Cameron Wake, one of the best pass rushers in the league. Yet Henry had 7 for 80 yards.

This is beyond baffling and the coaching is beyond pathetic. The only reason to bench Henry is because of the coaching right now. Rivers loves his tight ends, hence why the appeal is here.

I'm benching Henry. Not dropping him.

49 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

It's not prohibitive when you play in a league with sharks and when the waiver wire is like buzzards scouring over remains in the desert. A top-12 TE is an asset, and is an asset worth owning. There is absolutely nothing on the waivers in my league. Even after Week 3, there is nothing there.

Supply and demand. I'm not giving up on Hunter Henry because the upside is there. The Chargers are 0-3. Something has to change.

IMO it really depends on your roster/ scoring settings. But in fairly standard leagues, I've found that sharks tend to skew their benches RB heavy vs. rostering 2 TEs or 2 QBs. There's just a tremendous amount of parity after the elites at those latter positions, and hence they are easily streamable/ not worth stashing.

On 9/20/2017 at 8:12 AM, FantasyGOAT said:

They are 0-2... if they want to start winning games, they will put in Hunter Henry instead of Gates. I believe we already have started to witness the change of the guard. When they were down in the game against the Fins, driving down the field, who was in making catches? HH. Gates has his record... I purely see him as a RZ play and some 2 TE sets with Henry blocking sometimes. But we shall see...

On 9/20/2017 at 8:21 AM, FantasyGOAT said:

Yeah, most TDs of any TE last year doesn't mean anything... and 7 for 7 last week doesn't mean anything either (2nd behind Keenan)

On 9/20/2017 at 7:46 AM, socalkol said:

Chargers Fan here  and HH fan, hate to temper your expectations but I'd tread lightly. HH is great talent, but they arn't just gonna start sitting Gates. And the chargers have an abundance of weapons already on offense. Melvin Gordon... top 10 RB who they like feeding passes to, Keenan Allen...enough said, Tyrell Williams #13 fantasy producing receiver last year after Allen went down... Antonio Gates.. older and slower then HH but still Philip Rivers most trusted 3rd down and Red Zone target...

There arn't enough targets for HH to put up elite numbers this year.... But i hope you guys prove me wrong as that would probably mean my chargers are winning more games if that is the case.

Hunter Henry wasn’t targeted Sunday in the Chargers’ Week 3 loss to the Chiefs.