NBC Sports Edge Forums

A.J. Green 2017 Season Outlook

29 minutes ago, theantishere said:

Read he got hurt but returned. Nothing to worry about right?

Seriously doubt it, but even if he tweaked something he's got the bye week to get right.

I think this AJ kid is going places.

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

I'll be pretty tempted to bench him next week - JAX D is as nasty as it gets, and it could be even worse now with Dareus at DT to help take away the run too.

smart move. I know how we should never bench studs, but did anyone watch this game? Dalton doesnt have much time at all to throw it down field because his line consists of turnstiles. Colts D-line dominated that bad cincy o-line. What do you think Jacksonville is going to do? That jax defense is so much better than indy's defense it's not even funny. I'd suggest sitting everyone involved with the Bengals offense this upcoming sunday. Dalton may get sacked 10 times, not joking 

How did Green look yesterday? The targets were there, but the production wasn't; he's actually been rather mediocre since the bye. Hopefully he isn't injured or something (I think he got dinged up in that BUF game right before the bye).

6 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

How did Green look yesterday? The targets were there, but the production wasn't; he's actually been rather mediocre since the bye. Hopefully he isn't injured or something (I think he got dinged up in that BUF game right before the bye).

The O line is to blame. Dalton has no time. 

Green is known for getting some deep balls and there just isn't any time for it to happen.

I'll likely be benching him next week along with Mixon and starting the Jax D/ST. I know you're not supposed to bench your studs, but...

6 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

The O line is to blame. Dalton has no time. 

Green is known for getting some deep balls and there just isn't any time for it to happen.

I'll likely be benching him next week along with Mixon and starting the Jax D/ST. I know you're not supposed to bench your studs, but...

This was supposed to be his best matchup all year, so that's rather worrisome. I actually have Green, Mixon and JAX D/ST too - starting JAX for the rest of the year and am definitely benching Mixon next week, but Green's up in the air for now.

58 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

Anyone else worried about his ROS schedule? He has the talent to overcome matchups, but.i have far less confidence in Dalton and especially the O-Line.

What Mysticmuth said, between injuries to players, or their QBs, or offenses faltering, there are very few elite WRs left. AJG is one of them. 

2 hours ago, Mysticmuth said:

Wide receivers are thin this year and AJ is still a must start regardless of match up for me.   

One of the few go to elite WR left. bengals simply need to go to him more than they are currently doing. 

1 hour ago, furbz420 said:

What Mysticmuth said, between injuries to players, or their QBs, or offenses faltering, there are very few elite WRs left. AJG is one of them. 

Whats killing most of them production wise is spreading the  targets around with a focus on the pass catching rb/Te; basically the Patriots model of a low risk passing game to move the chains.

AJG has always been a streaky player.  He was drafted as the WR4 in most leagues (after AB, OBJ, and Julio) and he's currently the WR4 in fantasy scoring. Aren't you glad you didn't take OBJ or Julio? We knew on draft night that he'd have monster games and several quiet games, because that's just the nature of the Bengals offense and AJG's role in it.  We can't always predict where his floor and ceiling games will lie so we have to start him every week.

If you didn't have the #3-5 pick in a snake draft, you didn't even have the opportunity to draft Brown. This is what we have to work with.  I'm starting both AJG and the Jax D with confidence -- they could both go off.

Edited by eg4190
  • phizzics locked and unlocked this topic