NBC Sports Edge Forums

A.J. Green 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Coachacola37 said:

That's not what I took away from the discussion...of course I actually read the thread.

Yeah, not a slam dunk start. No way.

MN at home. Been on the road. Significantly better on D at home averaging 13 pts allowed (so 1 TD...to who?), Cinci injured on D, looked like they mailed it in last week.

The logic is there to sit him for better options. No doubt about it.

What I'd like to see is, what is the logic to START him? Other than the ridiculous notion that you always start your studs. No.

17 minutes ago, gimme the ball said:

Name somebody out there on the waivers who you would recommend instead of AJG. I'll wait.

Why would they need to be on waivers? Vs. your bench?

Somebody's normal WR3 may have a better matchup this week. Probably a few WRs ranked outside the top 10 that could be candidates.

3 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Somebody's normal WR3 may have a better matchup this week. Probably a few WRs ranked outside the top 10 that could be candidates.

22 minutes ago, gimme the ball said:

Name somebody out there on the waivers who you would recommend instead of AJG. I'll wait.

Right now I've got JuJu slotted in over AJG. My backup being Diggs who I'd start AJG over. 

1 hour ago, kyoun1e said:

What I was going to say. 

Today's bench players were WW guys 2-3 weeks ago - even for a reason sometimes.

11 hours ago, gimme the ball said:

The only other WR I have on my bench is Emmanuel Sanders, who I clearly should have started. That's why I'm asking him to throw out examples of WW players who would outperform Green. 

Got it. I didn't know if you were serious or throwing out a false narrative that the people cautioning against AJG this week think any WW addition will outperform him. If its between that and a ww add, I think you have to go AJG.

13 hours ago, gimme the ball said:

The only other WR I have on my bench is Emmanuel Sanders, who I clearly should have started. That's why I'm asking him to throw out examples of WW players who would outperform Green. 

Yeah WW players probably not going to have enough upside at this point unless your league is a 10 teamer or less. 

I'm going with Keenan Allen, Goodwin and Sanu over AJ this week. If there's a late scratch of any of these, AJ starts over Shepard though :D

I am starting him in the flex this week.  Obviously this is a tough matchup for him but I really believe that he will bounce back from last week.  I am a big favorite in my matchup this week and will be happy if he can just post double figure points (1pt PPR).  

Benching hi.  Bengals look like they quit last week, AJ only has 3 100 yard games this season, tough match up with Rhodes, and Marvin like the team.  Probably means he go's off for 200 on my bench.

Edited by phatrat
CSB removed