NBC Sports EDGE Forums

2017 Fantasy Baseball Platform Central -- ESPN/Yahoo /CBS/Fantrax, etc..

Dugout Legend

OK, did a quick search and didn't find Bunt Cakes, is he still here? Anyway, I hope Bunt Cakes or anybody else from Yahoo could help me out. It seems there is a problem with starting a new Yahoo Pro League (Roto-20), it's been at least 3 weeks and as many as 4 o 5 leagues, that we have come up to 11 teams and we get stranded there, never getting the 12th team to get the league running. Happening once is very conceivable, but 4 times happening the same thing sounds like a trend, might there be a glitch on the teams allocation? Usually it fills briskly, from 5 to 11 teams, from a day before the draft until reaches 11 and stays there, sometimes for more than a half a day. Today one owner reported that he invited a friend to join and said that that guy was allocated to a new league, same settings, same draft time... he was the only player in that new league.

Edit: Nevermind about Bunt Cakes, his last post was almost a year ago.

Edited by RotoFan75
More info.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless there is some unknown new experience for me using Fantrax. I'm pretty much convinced myself that I will be leaving their platform and switching back to CBS next season. Doubtful I can get my league-mates to follow so It may cost me giving up the league I created and just parting ways. Yes, that's how frustrated I am with Fantrax this year. Such a different experience last year vs this year with them. CBS was pretty solid but Fantrax had more " commissioner controls" so I talked my league  owners into switching sites. I regret that decision.

Edited by Dugout Legend

Ok wtf is going on with Yahoo and the DL?? Paxton, Kluber, Maeda just off the top of my head all randomly popped up with the DL tag this weekend even though they all came back and have been off it all week in real life.

Not only does it create an exploitable roster loophole, but it can cause panic drops/trades when owners think their player actually got re-injured.

Im just waiting for the inevitable Yahoo "fix" of posting a note blaming their stat provider.

Wow this problem is persisting and I am also seeing complaints on the message board - this has gone on all day. I know what my team's stats are by refreshing my team page. That's nice to know what - in a vacuum - you're doing and on a manual-refresh basis.

Nothing from Y! on twitter, no notice whatsoever anywhere else - aka SOP.

Has anyone on Yahoo had Bautista's SB stat correction applied to their match up from last week yet? I see that Yahoo has made the adjustment under the Stat Corrections page but it hasn't been applied to the match up. In one of my leagues it actually affects the standings.

Yahoo's live updating Matchup page is nice, but it would be better if it added up the stats correctly on a consistent basis.

Does their StatTracker not work anymore, either?  I get to 50% and it gets stuck.

I'm sure this has been mentioned in this thread already, but what is with ESPN's site just randomly not updating stats occasionally?  Had a tight H2H battle last week and basically came down to the other guy needing a QS from Jason Vargas.  I check his team mid day and it shows Vargas pitched 1.1 innings and the game is in like the 4th or something.  So, I figured Vargas just got pulled for some reason.  Check later in the day and see Vargas ended up going 6, and getting the QS.

Nothing I could have done about it, because our lineups had already locked for the day, but man, is that ever frustrating to think you've got a game locked up, then check back that night and see you lost.

On 5/14/2017 at 5:25 AM, warningtrackpower said:

I'm sure it's been mentioned here before. It takes 10 games to gain position eligibility in ESPN. I believe most other platforms, the number of games is 5. 

A guy like Hernan Perez earned shortstop eligibility last week, and only needs 4 more games at 2nd base to earn that eligibility in Yahoo. In ESPN he needs 4 more appearances at short and 9 more at second. By the time he gets that (if ever), the season will be close to over. It would be nice if we could use these types of players in the same manner the real life teams do. 

It would be nice if there were a way to customize it in LM leagues on ESPN.  I guess that is probably way too difficult to code, especially considering I think ESPN has like 5 people working for them anymore.

38 minutes ago, 89Topps said:

It would be nice if there were a way to customize it in LM leagues on ESPN.  I guess that is probably way too difficult to code, especially considering I think ESPN has like 5 people working for them anymore.

Can't be too difficult.  Fantrax allows you to do almost anything.  The only way to use fantrax however is their regular site.  Their app just sucks.  On the other hand all apps suck. Lol 

On 6/19/2017 at 7:00 PM, ST. STEVEN said:

Man I love CBS, most of you have no idea what you're missing...

I assume that's not sarcasm lol.

I've sworn by Fantrax the past 2 years but I think my judgement was tainted. I'm going back to CBS next year...

I refused to join leagues on Fantrax...app is just unusable.

I been on CBS for fantasy baseball and football for the past 6-7 years...no issues. Well, their draft room needs updating but thats about it. Their app is decent as well.

Edited by Gryfter

On 5/14/2017 at 8:25 AM, warningtrackpower said:

I'm sure it's been mentioned here before. It takes 10 games to gain position eligibility in ESPN. I believe most other platforms, the number of games is 5. 

A guy like Hernan Perez earned shortstop eligibility last week, and only needs 4 more games at 2nd base to earn that eligibility in Yahoo. In ESPN he needs 4 more appearances at short and 9 more at second. By the time he gets that (if ever), the season will be close to over. It would be nice if we could use these types of players in the same manner the real life teams do. 

If we could use these types of players like MLB teams do then we'd only be able to start them at those positions for a handful of games. I assume you want to use them at the new positions more than that. I like the approach Yahoo and ESPN take that the player needs to play at a position for some minimum critical mass of games at a position before we can play them there all the time. That way fantasy players can't exploit some one-off (or two or three-off) appearance at a position.

On 6/4/2017 at 1:56 PM, cs3 said:

Ok wtf is going on with Yahoo and the DL?? Paxton, Kluber, Maeda just off the top of my head all randomly popped up with the DL tag this weekend even though they all came back and have been off it all week in real life.

Not only does it create an exploitable roster loophole, but it can cause panic drops/trades when owners think their player actually got re-injured.

Im just waiting for the inevitable Yahoo "fix" of posting a note blaming their stat provider.

About Yahoo, what else is new.  I saw this older post when looking back a few pages to see if I'm the only one and I'm not.  Thanks, cs3!

Last night around 9PM eastern I wanted to swap out a reliever for Holds in one league and wanted to add David Phelps.  Also was looking at someone else.  When I got through deciding and went to add Phelps he suddenly had a NA by his name.  Then I looked at my second choice and saw he also had an NA next to his.  I refreshed my screen a few times and waited a little while then thought Yahoo had saved me making a mistake at grabbing an "NA" reliever and picked up Garcia with the Phils instead (hey it's a 20 team league).

This morning early I saw Phelps and the other reliever were just fine.  Only 5 moves a week in that league and I only have one move left now and need it for the weekend.  Yahoo screwed me over.

But before I noticed that glitch I had checked in with another team first and saw someone had dropped Mike Clevinger yesterday and he cleared waivers (24 hour waiver in this league).  But I had no room on my roster for him.  But, good news, just like a few other times it looked like the Indians had sent him back down since he had the NA designation.  Well I had an NA slot to burn in that league so I squirreled him away.  Now I see he is still on the big club.

Of course if I make no moves on my roster I can keep him in the NA slot.  But I did want to make a move but holding Clevinger a few days to see if a day-to-day guy that's been out several days already goes on the DL giving me an opening for Clevinger makes me wait and see now and I won't be adding that extra reliever after all.

I wonder if the other owner dropped Clevinger because the NA had popped up day before now.  It's a deep dynasty league so his drop doesn't make that much sense.

Yahoo has major major glitches now with both their DL and NA designations gone completely wonky.  This could screw over owners like crazy.

I'd post about this problem on Yahoo's message board but I got banned there a month or two ago by asking too many questions and pointing out too many problems with them.  They only want blind loyalty from their users.  I guess I got Comey'ed by them.  Haha.

Anyway posting this to alert other Yahoo owners to look out for this glitch which, given cs3's posting date, has been going on now for at least 19 days now without getting fixed.

More Yahoo crap.  The 2017 Season stats are off now

Off in the sense that last night hasn't been added yet and it is noon time in the east.  Yet the 7 Day and 14 Day ones seem accurate.  Sigh.

Example:  Goldy hit his 18th homer last night but the 2017 Season stat shows only 17.  Andrew Moore made his first start last night and though Yahoo does show he pitched in the last week (7 Day stats) he apparently has managed to not pitch in the 2017 Season.

Like cs3's comment above can't wait for Yahoo to blame their stat provider again.  It never ever is Yahoo's fault.  Hey they didn't hire the sub-contractors did they?  (Oh wait).  Nonetheless they are prefect and have never made a mistake ever.  To say otherwise is to get banned from their message boards for one thing.  They are off living in their own "alt" reality.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory