Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Brandin Cooks 2017 Season Outlook


Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, miasma16 said:
2 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

 

Michael Crabtree

JJ Nelson

Tyreek Hill

Antonio Brown

Jermaine Kearse

Stefon Diggs

Nelson Agholor

Alshon Jeffrey

Emmanuel Sanders

Jeremy Maclin

Davante Adams

Kenny Golliday

Keenan Allen

DeAndre Hopkins

Marvin Jones

Allen Hurns

Adam Thielen

Julio Jones

Martavis Bryant

Cooper Kupp

Chris Hogan

Dez Bryant

Randall Cobb

Brandon Coleman

Amari Cooper

Mike Evans

Bennie Fowler

AJ Green

Jordy Nelson

Golden Tate

Demaryius Thomas

Paul Richardson

Michael Thomas

Mohammed Sanu

Deonte Thompson

Ryan Grant

 

have all outscored Cooks so far

 

 

Basically this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

 

Michael Crabtree

JJ Nelson

Tyreek Hill

Antonio Brown

Jermaine Kearse

Stefon Diggs

Nelson Agholor

Alshon Jeffrey

Emmanuel Sanders

Jeremy Maclin

Davante Adams

Kenny Golliday

Keenan Allen

DeAndre Hopkins

Marvin Jones

Allen Hurns

Adam Thielen

Julio Jones

Martavis Bryant

Cooper Kupp

Chris Hogan

Dez Bryant

Randall Cobb

Brandon Coleman

Amari Cooper

Mike Evans

Bennie Fowler

AJ Green

Jordy Nelson

Golden Tate

Demaryius Thomas

Paul Richardson

Michael Thomas

Mohammed Sanu

Deonte Thompson

Ryan Grant

 

have all outscored Cooks so far

 You disproved your own point. J.J Nelson has out scored aj green Julio Jones and mike Evans. In what world would you start J.J over those guys. Geez it's only been 2 weeks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SonataArctica said:

 You disproved your own point. J.J Nelson has out scored aj green Julio Jones and mike Evans. In what world would you start J.J over those guys. Geez it's only been 2 weeks.

 

Brandin Cooks is now in the same league as Green, Jones, and Evans?  The absolute guaranteed #1 bonafide studs on their teams? 

 

Did Cooks cut you guys some dollars in the mail to hype him up?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

 

Michael Crabtree

JJ Nelson

Tyreek Hill

Antonio Brown

Jermaine Kearse

Stefon Diggs

Nelson Agholor

Alshon Jeffrey

Emmanuel Sanders

Jeremy Maclin

Davante Adams

Kenny Golliday

Keenan Allen

DeAndre Hopkins

Marvin Jones

Allen Hurns

Adam Thielen

Julio Jones

Martavis Bryant

Cooper Kupp

Chris Hogan

Dez Bryant

Randall Cobb

Brandon Coleman

Amari Cooper

Mike Evans

Bennie Fowler

AJ Green

Jordy Nelson

Golden Tate

Demaryius Thomas

Paul Richardson

Michael Thomas

Mohammed Sanu

Deonte Thompson

Ryan Grant

 

have all outscored Cooks so far

Do you think Ryan Grant is a better play than Cooks, or do you make sure you have an actual point before posting?

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

 

Michael Crabtree

JJ Nelson

Tyreek Hill

Antonio Brown

Jermaine Kearse

Stefon Diggs

Nelson Agholor

Alshon Jeffrey

Emmanuel Sanders

Jeremy Maclin

Davante Adams

Kenny Golliday

Keenan Allen

DeAndre Hopkins

Marvin Jones

Allen Hurns

Adam Thielen

Julio Jones

Martavis Bryant

Cooper Kupp

Chris Hogan

Dez Bryant

Randall Cobb

Brandon Coleman

Amari Cooper

Mike Evans

Bennie Fowler

AJ Green

Jordy Nelson

Golden Tate

Demaryius Thomas

Paul Richardson

Michael Thomas

Mohammed Sanu

Deonte Thompson

Ryan Grant

 

have all outscored Cooks so far

 

 

Only on RW with newbs are

 

 

Davante Adams

Kenny Golliday

JJ Nelson

Tyreek Hill

Jermaine Kearse

 

better than Julio Jones, Mike Evans, Dez Bryant, Jordy Nelson, AJ Green, Amari Cooper. Don't change copter. Don't change. 

Edited by burninglegs
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DemOrioles said:

 

Brandin Cooks is now in the same league as Green, Jones, and Evans?  The absolute guaranteed #1 bonafide studs on their teams? 

 

Did Cooks cut you guys some dollars in the mail to hype him up?  

 Wow the point just flew by your head. Where did I compare cooks to those guys? The point was that it's only been two weeks, so what that a bunch of receivers have outscored him? I care about season long performance. By that same logic you would start Jj  Nelson over Julio Jones which is dumb

Edited by SonataArctica
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, colepenhagen said:

so we are chasing fantasy pts now??? classic

 

Sorry, do you play rotisserie football where you just worry about stats end of season?

 

In the real world, we play head to head where we try to maximize points every week.  If we aren't supposed to "chase fantasy points" then please tell me sir, what is the point of free agent pick ups?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, burninglegs said:

 

 

Only on RW with newbs are

 

 

Davante Adams

Kenny Golliday

JJ Nelson

Tyreek Hill

Jermaine Kearse

 

better than Julio Jones, Mike Evans, Dez Bryant, Jordy Nelson, AJ Green, Amari Cooper. Don't change copter. Don't change. 

 

Notice your boy Pryor didn't make that list, at least Cooks is better than someone. High draft picks well spent :wub:

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, DemOrioles said:

Sorry, do you play rotisserie football where you just worry about stats end of season?

No, we play regular fantasy football, where the only stats that matter from this point on are Weeks 3-17. I've got a league invite for anybody stupid enough to think Ryan Grant is going to outscore Brandin Cooks the rest of the way.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

Notice your boy Pryor didn't make that list, at least Cooks is better than someone. High draft picks well spent :wub:

 

 

So you are giving up on Michael Thomas after 2 games? You have been around here long enough that I would expect better quality posts out of you, rather than posting stuff some newbie with 30 posts would put in a thread. 

 

With the logic you are using, Bell and Ingram suck and Chris Thompson, Jalen Richard and Cohen are better. Great strategy there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, burninglegs said:

 

 

So you are giving up on Michael Thomas after 2 games? You have been around here long enough that I would expect better quality posts out of you, rather than posting stuff some newbie with 30 posts would put in a thread. 

 

With the logic you are using, Bell and Ingram suck and Chris Thompson, Jalen Richard and Cohen are better. Great strategy there.

 

Of course not. I drafted Michael Thomas for his high floor because I wasn't about to waste my early picks on boom/bust players. That was just a list of WRs that have outproduced Cooks so far and is in no way indicative of ROS value (of which I still think is middling to poor for Cooks).

 

And your second paragraph is basically zero RB theory personified, so that would be your logic not mine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, youngrice said:

Yes I do and I know the stats say different.  But he stats count a pass over 15 yards a deep ball.  Still the best QB is football but at 40 he does have limitations he didn't 10 years ago.

Cough. . cough Rodgers would disagree with  "still the best". . .:P

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

 

Of course not. I drafted Michael Thomas for his high floor because I wasn't about to waste my early picks on boom/bust players. That was just a list of WRs that have outproduced Cooks so far and is in no way indicative of ROS value (of which I still think is middling to poor for Cooks).

 

And your second paragraph is basically zero RB theory personified, so that would be your logic not mine.

 

 

1. I'm so honored that you care so much about my various fantasy teams. But I doubt anyone else cares about them other you and myself. So rather than bring in off topic stuff about who else I might or might not have on my teams, maybe you could keep the thread on topic (Cooks) and start a new thread about 'burning legs' fantasy team rosters' if you care so much about them.

 

2. Don't find it ironic that you are ripping on Cooks while at the same time Thomas and Cooks have had similar production through the first 2 weeks? Heck, even Brandon Coleman has had similar production through the first two weeks and could have been had free as he wasn't drafted in most leagues.....but you know what, most fantasy owners believe Thomas over the course of a full 16 games will outproduce Coleman when it is all said and done. And they are probably right. So why make a big deal and prognosticate the ROS off of 2 games? 

 

3. I wish I had drafted some of those RBs as they are apparently better than Bell and Ingram. Sadly, I did not. I guess I always have next year.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mr.STD said:

Are we playing a game were we throw context out the window and just judge players on their stats after two games?

 

 

Trevor Siemian>>Aaron Rodgers

Cooks started slow last year in his first two games.  And going back and looking at WR stats over the past 5 years will show many top receivers with poor weeks.

 

Just last week AB was held to 6.2 standard points.

 

Cooks has talent and I'm sticking with him in a number of my leagues.  I'm not worried.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Big Nate said:

Cooks started slow last year in his first two games.  And going back and looking at WR stats over the past 5 years will show many top receivers with poor weeks.

 

Just last week AB was held to 6.2 standard points.

 

Cooks has talent and I'm sticking with him in a number of my leagues.  I'm not worried.

 

I with you.

 

im not blindly loving the guy and will never be able to admit if he busts, just think that 2 games in is ridiculously premature. The guy had 2 TDs and 100+ yards wiped off the board because of DPI. 

 

The plays are there, just waiting for the results to fall into place.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mr.STD said:

 

I with you.

 

im not blindly loving the guy and will never be able to admit if he busts, just think that 2 games in is ridiculously premature. The guy had 2 TDs and 100+ yards wiped off the board because of DPI. 

 

The plays are there, just waiting for the results to fall into place.

 

Its almost like you had to watch the game to come to that conclusion

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...