Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Brandin Cooks 2017 Season Outlook


Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Vegemite2 said:

Unsure of which position you are taking..are you content or disappointed?

 

I think I have to be content, right? I am in first place in my league. My other WR right now are Keenan and Tyreek. 

 

I mean you have the best QB in the league throwing to this guy. Be bananas not to play him? 

Edited by Synyster
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Synyster said:

 

I think I have to be content, right? I am in first place in my league. My other WR right now are Keenan and Tyreek. 

 

I mean you have the best QB in the league throwing to this guy. Be bananas not to play him? 

 

Your response was unclear though -- you said "you guys are comical" as if you were going to take a contrarian stance to what has been mostly positive comments about Cooks in this thread.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Synyster said:

 

I think I have to be content, right? I am in first place in my league. My other WR right now are Keenan and Tyreek. 

 

I mean you have the best QB in the league throwing to this guy. Be bananas not to play him? 

I have Allen, too! Not a bad 1-2 punch. I am certainly happy with Cooks’ production, just wasn’t sure which way you were swaying because there has been a huge mix of opinions over the last 10 pages I cannot keep up.

 

I agree with your sentiment then, some of these negative comments on Cooks are comical. I just don’t get it.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I really just think that a lot of people thought they were drafting the second coming of Antonio Brown on draft day and that mindset explains a lot of the saltiness on the guy. His box scores have been completely acceptable in PPR all season. Standard I can see why you'd be upset but you're not missing that much value based on where you drafted him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Bluecore said:

I really just think that a lot of people thought they were drafting the second coming of Antonio Brown on draft day and that mindset explains a lot of the saltiness on the guy. His box scores have been completely acceptable in PPR all season. Standard I can see why you'd be upset but you're not missing that much value based on where you drafted him. 

Eh, I think a lot of us went into it expecting the same old Cooks but hoping for the Moss 2.0 upside. IMO he was one of the "safer" 2nd round picks but I would definitely not reach for him in hindsight. He's been pretty good though and so far has only boomed once. Could be a 2015 Doug Baldwin type finish to the year if we are lucky.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Bluecore said:

I really just think that a lot of people thought they were drafting the second coming of Antonio Brown on draft day and that mindset explains a lot of the saltiness on the guy. His box scores have been completely acceptable in PPR all season. Standard I can see why you'd be upset but you're not missing that much value based on where you drafted him. 

Why would you be upset about Cooks' production in standard, but not in PPR?  Cooks gets big plays and respectable yardage on relatively few receptions.  If anything, it's the opposite where you're disappointed in PPR because you thought he'd be getting more targets and receptions.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Al O'Pecia said:

Why would you be upset about Cooks' production in standard, but not in PPR?  Cooks gets big plays and respectable yardage on relatively few receptions.  If anything, it's the opposite where you're disappointed in PPR because you thought he'd be getting more targets and receptions.

Honestly I haven't even looked at his points in standard scoring, I was just giving everyone the benefit of the doubt with their saltiness and assumed it was lower. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Why is this thread always a whine-fest?

 

Among receivers, only Brown and Green have more yards than Cooks this season.

 

His season is even more valuable when you consider that its a down year for WRs in general, with the likes of Odell and Julio being first half busts and MT/Hilton/Hopkins/Jordy/Keenan/Cooper disappointing for whatever reason.

 

Cooks will easily finish with around 1350-1400 yards.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

Cooks will easily finish with around 1350-1400 yard

 

Sure hope you are right. Could use some monster games over their remaining 8 games. Hopefully a couple of +100 yards with multiple TD games in there too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Bluecore said:

Honestly I haven't even looked at his points in standard scoring, I was just giving everyone the benefit of the doubt with their saltiness and assumed it was lower. 

 

Currently sitting as the #3 WR in standard scoring.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, burninglegs said:

 

Sure hope you are right. Could use some monster games over their remaining 8 games. Hopefully a couple of +100 yards with multiple TD games in there too.

 

Currently at 537 in 7, you'd think 1250 minimum. I probably should have mentioned this in the 2nd half studs thread, but he's a good trade target, if you have the opportunity. Playing better every week.

Edited by predator_05
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm buying the hype. I drafted him in one league and traded to get him in my other two. I think he slowly picks it up as he earns Brady's trust and gets more comfortable in the offense. I'd put him right in that low-end WR1 tier below AB, AJ, Hopkins, Evans, Julio.

https://www.patspulpit.com/2017/10/23/16523756/brandin-cooks-makes-learning-the-patriots-offense-look-easy

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, predator_05 said:

Why is this thread always a whine-fest?

 

Among receivers, only Brown and Green have more yards than Cooks this season.

 

His season is even more valuable when you consider that its a down year for WRs in general, with the likes of Odell and Julio being first half busts and MT/Hilton/Hopkins/Jordy/Keenan/Cooper disappointing for whatever reason.

 

Cooks will easily finish with around 1350-1400 yards.

 

Agree with what you're saying besides for Hopkins? He's been crushing it 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just one of an entire roster full of failures that officially stuck a dagger through the heart of my season.  Time to start planning for 2018.

 

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Bandito
Link to post
Share on other sites

Drafted as a Top 10 WR. Numbers on the season after this clunker...still probably leave him as a Top 10 WR?

 

Just trade him and stop posting in this thread. If your team sucks and you own Cooks, I'm sure you have plenty of other problems.

Link to post
Share on other sites

How do we view him for the second half of the season?  He has been good, but not the top 5 we were all hoping to see...  Right now in PPR he is putting up WR2/Golden Tate type numbers, but always with big upside (his speed, Brady, Patriots, etc etc).  Do we think he has a good shot at exploding second half of the season, or only when Hogan misses time?

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, ap0calypse said:

How do we view him for the second half of the season?  He has been good, but not the top 5 we were all hoping to see...  Right now in PPR he is putting up WR2/Golden Tate type numbers, but always with big upside (his speed, Brady, Patriots, etc etc).  Do we think he has a good shot at exploding second half of the season, or only when Hogan misses time?

 

He's currently #6 in my 0.5 PPR league. Not sure why people are knocking on Cooks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...