NBC Sports Edge Forums

Brandin Cooks 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 9:37 AM, oliminator123 said:

Too little, too late. Already out of the playoffs in my league I drafted him.

Thanks Cooks. Thanks Brees. Thanks AJG. Thanks Diggs. Thanks David Johnson.

Lol, you didn't miss the playoffs b/c of Brandin Cooks.  What does that post have anything to do with Cooks who has been balling out this year.

11 minutes ago, Big Nate said:

Lol, you didn't miss the playoffs b/c of Brandin Cooks.  What does that post have anything to do with Cooks who has been balling out this year.

His off weeks happened to be weeks I lost by very few points, and his on weeks happened to be weeks where I didn't really need his production. Same with AJ Green (lost a crucial game when he decided to get ejected). Just the nature of the game.

12 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

His off weeks happened to be weeks I lost by very few points, and his on weeks happened to be weeks where I didn't really need his production. Same with AJ Green (lost a crucial game when he decided to get ejected). Just the nature of the game.

tenor.gif?itemid=4132049

I'm sorry you think Cooks lost you the season.

On 11/28/2017 at 9:37 AM, oliminator123 said:

Thanks Cooks. Thanks Brees. Thanks AJG. Thanks Diggs. Thanks David Johnson.

I think you have the order of blame reversed here.

16 hours ago, WillyG said:

Gronk is suspended. Likely uptick in targets for Cooks. I’ll take it. 

I had a feeling cooks was going to have an off day with how terrible the bills are against the run, with Gronk out now I can totally see a bigger game this week.

1 hour ago, Conscious Pilot said:

Can't trust this guy. I'm benching him. He will disappoint in the playoffs, especially with Hogan and Gronk back. Next week will be a continuation of the last two weeks. He's not going to give you much.

He's cleared 8 points in my 0-PPR league in 7 of his games this year. Same number as Robby Anderson and Alshon Jeffery, the 2 receivers just ahead of him in points. The two behind him, Michael Thomas and Fitz, have 8 and 6. This narrative that he's inconsistent is simply incorrect and needs to go away.

1 hour ago, Conscious Pilot said:

Can't trust this guy. I'm benching him. He will disappoint in the playoffs, especially with Hogan and Gronk back. Next week will be a continuation of the last two weeks. He's not going to give you much.

This is stupid. No one did anything this game, including Brady. 

3 hours ago, Conscious Pilot said:

And next week goes 6/122/2 and you lose in the semis because you sat him.

Well if old man Brady doesn't underthrow him on that deep ball he scores a TD and that's like 14pts. He had 2 steps on his defender.  But he had to slow down and the defender caught up.

Unfortunate that Brady struggled but I guess that is par for the course when he goes and plays in Miami.

Edited by Big Nate
8 minutes ago, StuPitt said:

This turd killed me.  I was up 20 points first round of the playoffs.  I had Cooks and opponent had Landry.  I LOST BY ONE FREAKIN POINT.  No more Patriots for me.  I am done.

You can't blame it on him Brady underthrow him at least 2 times.

He's less boom or bust than he was in New Orleans, only TB12 has not been playing good the last two games.

43 minutes ago, Big Nate said:

Well if old man Brady doesn't underthrow him on that deep ball he scores a TD and that's like 14pts. He had 2 steps on his defender.  But he had to slow down and the defender caught up.

Unfortunate that Brady struggled but I guess that is par for the course when he goes and plays in Miami.

That wasn't under thrown. Howard made an amazing play on the ball. Howard made up ground and went up and high pointed the ball, something Cooks had position to do.

Just now, devaster said:

That wasn't under thrown. Howard made an amazing play on the ball. Howard made up ground and went up and high pointed the ball, something Cooks had position to do.

Cooks had to slow down. I watched it multiple times. Cooks is running full speed at first and has two steps on his defender.  Watch again.

If Brady throws the ball properly its a TD.