Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Brandin Cooks 2017 Season Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well so much of the early season debate that cooks was an automatic stud by going to the patriots.

 

Same old Cooks mazing spped and athleticism but still cant handle physical coverage. 

Sean payton does not look like an idiot lettng Cooks go to NE for high draft picks.:o

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, austin316 said:

Risky???

 

I wish I had as much time on my hands as you guys labeling him risky. He seems like a must-start no matter how you slice it. I'd be curious to hear who are your other options?

JGordon, Baldwin are my other options. Not great options. But I need upside. Should be fun deliberating all week on who to start between these guys. There’s a ton of mouths to feed in NE. Buffalo also plays pretty tough against NE. 

Edited by WillyG
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Well so much of the early season debate that cooks was an automatic stud by going to the patriots.

 

At the same time, Cooks is about dead even with Michael Thomas right now, and the preseason consensus was that Thomas was going to vastly outperform Cooks.

 

Cooks is performing up to exactly where he was drafted, basically, maybe even a little higher.  I own him in multiple leagues and have no complaints.  He doesn't have the top 3 upside we hoped for, but he's still a solid WR1.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

 

At the same time, Cooks is about dead even with Michael Thomas right now, and the preseason consensus was that Thomas was going to vastly outperform Cooks.

 

Cooks is performing up to exactly where he was drafted, basically, maybe even a little higher.  I own him in multiple leagues and have no complaints.  He doesn't have the top 3 upside we hoped for, but he's still a solid WR1.

 

 

He can be dead even with MT which basically validates that Payton made the right call trading him away and making MT his wr1. 

Cooks is also dead even with Golden Tate  Robbie anderson and Alshon fantasy production and none of them cost a 2nd rd pick nor were touted as a league winning  top5 wr like cooks was.

Cooks has performed  as predicted by those who were selling the hype, he didnt do better than he performed on the Saints.

i'm not even going to post the posts of guys creaming their pants claiming hoodie was going to unleash him and Payton was an idiot and Cooks was going to feast and then when edelman went down  things went into hyperdrive with people swearing he was going to take over because hoodie was going to move him all over the route tree and he was going to stud out. People swore he was was going to be the steal of the draft. That was nowhere near the hype of Michael Thomas, not even close:lol:

Edited by dashoe
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm starting Cooks because of the blow up potential.  CSB time, but last year I was facing an opponent in the semis, he benched Cooks, and Cooks proceeded to destroy the Arizona Cardinals, and I won because of that decision.  I couldn't stomach the idea of having Cooks on my bench for one of his 25+ points games.  If he comes out and goes 2-27, then so be it.  I'll take the upside potential and go for the win this week. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/20/2017 at 1:12 PM, Fort4242 said:

I'm starting Cooks because of the blow up potential.  CSB time, but last year I was facing an opponent in the semis, he benched Cooks, and Cooks proceeded to destroy the Arizona Cardinals, and I won because of that decision.  I couldn't stomach the idea of having Cooks on my bench for one of his 25+ points games.  If he comes out and goes 2-27, then so be it.  I'll take the upside potential and go for the win this week. 

 

Do you have a comfortable lead to allow you to play Cooks, on the off-chance he busts? I'm debating starting him as my either WR2 or Flex, as I currently have Jones Jr. and L. Murray, respectively.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he's been disappointing he had a real chance to be odell beckham like and the pats just don't need him to do that....I'll have him on the bench this week in my championship match up....if he blows up, my bad...

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, webster slaughter said:

Starting Gordon over Cooks.

 

If you extrapolate the numbers over 16 games, Cooks and Gordon are the same. More upside and targets with Gordon though. 

 

 

 

Hmmm

 

Tempting, but why not start both?

 

Gordon in CHI in weather and Kizer.

 

Cooks at home with Brady.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, webster slaughter said:

Starting Gordon over Cooks.

 

If you extrapolate the numbers over 16 games, Cooks and Gordon are the same. More upside and targets with Gordon though.

 

7 targets from Brady at home in a desirable win vs 12 Kizer targets to be chased down in a relaxing no-win-needed game...?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Members_Only_76 said:

 

Hmmm

 

Tempting, but why not start both?

 

Gordon in CHI in weather and Kizer.

 

Cooks at home with Brady.

Same situation but I have Baldwin. Can only start two. Cooks and Baldwin got me here. Think I’m rolling with them if Hogan is out. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, webster slaughter said:

Starting Gordon over Cooks.

 

If you extrapolate the numbers over 16 games, Cooks and Gordon are the same. More upside and targets with Gordon though. 

 

 

 

 

Cooks with a singe precisely thrown ball from Brady can get you 15pts on 1 play, now if he has to fight for the ball then he wont catch it. Dude can't fight to save his life

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...