NBC Sports EDGE Forums

DeAndre Hopkins 2017 Season Outlook

elite

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Osweiler was truly an anomaly.

This guy reminds me of a younger Dez at this point.  Not going to take the top off the defense but he gets open and is going to catch anything thrown his way.  Further, he's a priority in the red zone.

I just sent Julio for Hopkins straight up in a standard league.  Might have a few less yards in the end but he's more consistent in terms of health and targets and he's most certainly going to score more touchdowns.  

1 hour ago, Lord_Varys said:

Osweiler was truly an anomaly.

This guy reminds me of a younger Dez at this point.  Not going to take the top off the defense but he gets open and is going to catch anything thrown his way.  Further, he's a priority in the red zone.

I just sent Julio for Hopkins straight up in a standard league.  Might have a few less yards in the end but he's more consistent in terms of health and targets and he's most certainly going to score more touchdowns.  

Julio for Hopkins straight up?

17 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

That's right.  Julio's breaking down and too damn inconsistent.  Hopkins is a target hog who scores touchdowns.

I'm going to miss some of Julio's explosions, oh well.  I can't handle the stress of owning him.  Hopkins is a stud #1 in his own right.

17 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

That's right.  Julio's breaking down and too damn inconsistent.  Hopkins is a target hog who scores touchdowns.

I'm going to miss some of Julio's explosions, oh well.  I can't handle the stress of owning him.  Hopkins is a stud #1 in his own right.

Just now, Lord_Varys said:

BOLD!

im trying to get Nuke for Doug Baldwin.

3 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

FWIW, I think you made the right decision. I'm very bullish on Hopkins this year.

13 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

Would you do the same in a ppr league?

8 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

I think even moreso in a PPR league.  Hopkins is getting sooo many targets.  He's the focal point of the offense.

Julio's Julio.  He's going to explode some weeks.  But he can go quiet and take double teams and Ryan's content to use his other weapons.  Watson's locked onto Hop.

Julio should end up with more yards I think.  Hopkins with Recs and TDs.

54 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

Yup.  I think I read some absurd stat that Watson is 17-20 when targeting Hopkins so far.  Something crazy like that.  One of the best route runners in the game and hands like Gronk.  The gameplan all along was to let him fall in drafts to the 3rd or even 4th if you're lucky, and wait for the inevitable switch to Watson at QB.  Game, set, match

16 hours ago, Lord_Varys said:

Bold move, I love it.  Good luck.