NBC Sports Edge Forums

DeAndre Hopkins 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, theSPANKER said:

Meant overall between WRs and RBs.  I was having a discussion with a friend about this and this is how he ranked the top 10 in 1-pt PPR right now:

Bell

Brown

Zeke

Julio

Evans

McCoy

Gordon

Hunt

Freeman

Ingram

Does Nuk belong on this list?

Yes.  In full-PPR I like Hopkins over Freeman, Ingram and maybe even Gordon.  Obviously if Zeke ever gets suspended, Hopkins gets bumped even further.

We know that McNair's comments and Hopkins's response are sure to generate strong feelings on the issues of politics, race, culture, etc, but this simply is not the right forum to discuss them. Given the nature of this discussion and our experience with threads this and last season, the mods understand how easy it is for these discussions to run a thread way off the rails. If the discussion is focused on Hopkins's availability for Sunday @Seattle or beyond, they're probably appropriate. Otherwise, anything else about McNair's comments and the player's response are extremely likely to be viewed as a violation of the CoC.

7 minutes ago, oswald737 said:

We know that McNair's comments and Hopkins's response are sure to generate strong feelings on the issues of politics, race, culture, etc, but this simply is not the right forum to discuss them. Given the nature of this discussion and our experience with threads this and last season, the mods understand how easy it is for these discussions to run a thread way off the rails. If the discussion is focused on Hopkins's availability for Sunday @Seattle or beyond, they're probably appropriate. Otherwise, anything else about McNair's comments and the player's response are extremely likely to be viewed as a violation of the CoC.

In other words, there won't be any inmates running the asylum up in here.

4 minutes ago, Most Guruist said:

I hope he's tossed for the game so my Seattle D has one less weapon to worry about but I think he'll play.  As division contenders going into a tough game I don't think the coaches would sit him.

Nobody is sitting unless they choose to.  Bill O'Brien already stated he is 100% behind his players.

""I'm 100 percent with these players," O'Brien said. "I love these players, I love this coaching staff. We will show up in Seattle and play. We will play very hard. Seattle is a great football team with a great coaching staff. But we will be there when the ball is kicked off in Seattle."

O'Brien said he expects Hopkins to be on the team plane to fly to Seattle on Saturday and that the wide receiver will play Sunday against the Seahawks."

Edited by RustyMiller

I'm using this in my next staff meeting...

"There will be no surfing the internet on company time. I can't allow the inmates to run the prison up in here!"

Employees go back to cubicles to work. Meanwhile I go back to my large office and post on rotoworld and surf internet.

Edit: Before anyone freaks out, I'm totally kidding!!! I stand behind my players.

Edited by Members_Only_76
6 minutes ago, raltherr said:

The intelligent mods here would never use such insensitive language and if they did, I would take a personal day from the forums. 

1 hour ago, raltherr said:

Careful now.  These are sensitive times we are living in.  Somebody may blow your comments waaaaaaaaay out of proportion.