NBC Sports Edge Forums

DeAndre Hopkins 2017 Season Outlook

On 11/3/2017 at 9:37 AM, Brady5 said:

Right. .  . . just like last year when is was the exact same story, he was targeted 151 times for a whopping 954 yards and 4 tds, but you still kinda wanted to start him in those juicy matchups because of volume?

You were saying?

Hopkins is a locked in WR2 in PPR with WR1 upside in good matchups. 

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, RxD said:

16 targets. Could have had 2 TDs today. Anyone that considered benching him or has called him a bust the rest of the season should re-think their disposition. 

Was just about to post this. 16 times is great news and i feel a lot better than i did the past few days, I of course started him but man 16 targets is great fantasy wise. I guess savage is not a total idiot.

Not trying to derail any sort of positive thinking, but he played Indy, people. The statistical worst pass defense in the entire league. 

You need to keep looking at weeks 15 and 16. Jags and Steelers are not a joke. Savage isn't going to have the time or opportunity to hunk the ball up to Hopkins 16 times.

Edited by oliminator123
43 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Not trying to derail any sort of positive thinking, but he played Indy, people. The statistical worst pass defense in the entire league. 

You need to keep looking at weeks 15 and 16. Jags and Steelers are not a joke. Savage isn't going to have the time or opportunity to hunk the ball up to Hopkins 16 times.

Fire up your Jags in IDP leagues tho...

I think the large amount of targets happened last time Savage was a starter.

He had 17 targets for 87 yards and everyone was saying he'll be fine.

I guess the league adjusted and realized he was Tom Savage because the following week he got

6 Targets for 43 yards. And then he got a concussion.

1 hour ago, oliminator123 said:

I'm not worried about weeks 15 and 16.  I'll just play match-ups with depth on roster like everyone else should do.

4 hours ago, CABLE87 said:

We pretty much have Ty Hilton, play him in the weeks you should or shouldnt, ugh....

Not really. Hilton runs much deeper routes that are harder to complete. Hopkins just bullys corners and gets open at will. It's that type of skill set that allows him to command 15 targets from a backup as bad as Savage. Brissett is miles better than Savage but can't feed Hilton more than 7-8 times a game.

4 minutes ago, Jetdog16 said:

Not really. Hilton runs much deeper routes that are harder to complete. Hopkins just bullys corners and gets open at will. It's that type of skill set that allows him to command 15 targets from a backup as bad as Savage. Brissett is miles better than Savage but can't feed Hilton more than 7-8 times a game.

I see what you're saying. I meant it as in we have a fantasy wise type player thats going to depend on matchups. Hes not matchup proof anymore ...

16 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

I see what you're saying. I meant it as in we have a fantasy wise type player thats going to depend on matchups. Hes not matchup proof anymore ...

I feel you but I'm saying I disagree with that because of Hopkins skill set. There's no matchup that would make him any worse than a WR2

1 minute ago, Jetdog16 said:

I feel you but I'm saying I disagree with that because of Hopkins skill set. There's no matchup that would make him any worse than a WR2

Word, we'll see, i hope you're right.

17 hours ago, oliminator123 said:

I don't agree with you much but on this one I do.  Hopkins owner in multiple leagues here and I was ecstatic with the 6 catches and a TD thrown in.  That's probably the best game Hopkins is going to have RoS.  The fact that he did good with Savage was great and gives some trade value (people in this thread being optimistic after this game goes to show how much this game helped boost the value of NUK after it tanked with the Watson injury)  I'd say get out while there is value to be had.

Do not count on this kind of production from here on, sell him while he's still hot.  I'm gonna work my balls off trying to get something valuable for him while I still can.

I was very high on Hopkins this year and I drafted him in two leagues.  I traded him before the Watson injury and after I lost obj for Crabtree/Baldwin, so I got lucky on that one.

Last night I traded him straight up for McCoy. Anyone looking to trade that's where the value is right now. In my opinion I would sell high because Savage is terrible. 

10 hours ago, Jetdog16 said:

this. 

with OBJ gone, Nuk has cemented himself as clear 1A behind AB.  this guy is an incredible talent. 

6 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

this. 

with OBJ gone, Nuk has cemented himself as clear 1A behind AB.  this guy is an incredible talent. 

People are pretty quick to forget about last season I see.

Easiest sell-high I've ever seen in my life.

He's the overall WR1 in fantasy.  Even after losing Watson, he had a very solid outing -- 14.6 standard ponits, 86 yards and a touch down.  But this was pretty fortunate considering the Colts are so, so awful on defense.  We got a temporary restraining order against the fantasy gods cruel hammer crushing down on us.

His value is never going to be as high as it is right now.  You know it's going to fall.  You know it is.  Week 15 and 16 is Jacksonville and Pittsburgh, too.

Every single flag indicating a player is a sell high, Hopkins has it.  This is not a hard decision.