NBC Sports Edge Forums

David Peralta 2017 Outlook

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, taobball said:

Fair enough, but I think Peralta could easily be in the same fringe tier. 

4/5 tonight, that will help.  also attempted a steal in the 1st inning...he was safe but his foot came off the bag.  an odd play.

I'm aboard the Peralta train. I had to drop Neil Walker but now that Drury has 2B eligibility I felt like now was the time. I think having Peralta as my Utility is better than Neil Walker. I've been a believer for about 3 years now. If his health is there I can see him putting together a nice .280/20/10/70/70 line this season

4 hours ago, street sharks said:

OPS league gold

Nearly .900 OPS in 2015! That shocked me to see, definately agree there.

Doesn't get the lift of most power hitters, but damn he hits the ball hard when he's on. Love that lineup and park too, going to get a ton of R/RBIs this year batting 2nd.

Peralta should maintain a high average and decent OPS but I can't see his home run numbers really improving, doesn't hit nearly enough fly balls and hits the ball all over the field, definitely sacrifices the dingers for the higher average, should get plenty of runs and RBIs with his spot in the lineup though 

32 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Peralta should maintain a high average and decent OPS but I can't see his home run numbers really improving, doesn't hit nearly enough fly balls and hits the ball all over the field, definitely sacrifices the dingers for the higher average, should get plenty of runs and RBIs with his spot in the lineup though 

meh, i think hell hit like 16-18 with an outside chance of 20

Safe to say he's back to 2015 form.  Safe to chalk last year up to injuries.  He's slaying the ball over the yard.  New manager loves to run.  Could be a sneaky source of 12-15 bags.  

On 4/17/2017 at 5:37 PM, taobball said:

Fair in terms of management and you dont' know what a team will do, but he has a 43.8% Hard%, a nearly identical Contact rate, Batted ball profile (LD/FB/GB and Spray), and a .200 BABIP. I will openly admit that I haven't been able to watch him enough, but his Fangraphs SCREAMS that his bad numbers are a fluke right now. His Whiff% is down from 2015 at 9.2% and his Z-Contact is at 90%. I have a hard time believing the strikeouts for one even remotely sustain, and he's not a .200 BABIP hitter. 

Hes been ridiculously hot since I posted this o.o

Dammit. Yahoo is stupid. I had to pick him up today because I ran out of pickups last week, and Yahoo doesn't add the guy until the next day, and I missed out on all of tonight. ugghhhh.

With the way my recent adds have been (Margot, Garcia,...) he will cool off immediately while the guys I didn't grab go off (Zimm, Gallo, etc.)

I think I will still stream him only against RHP though, and mostly at home. Throw him in a platoon with Dahl (only playing him at home), and I think it could give me a pretty damn good player combined.

On 4/18/2017 at 0:21 PM, Cdub2k said:

I'm aboard the Peralta train. I had to drop Neil Walker but now that Drury has 2B eligibility I felt like now was the time. I think having Peralta as my Utility is better than Neil Walker. I've been a believer for about 3 years now. If his health is there I can see him putting together a nice .280/20/10/70/70 line this season

I've always been on this train but if he's going to start stealing more bases then I'm all-in. 

7 hours ago, mtblock said:

Dammit. Yahoo is stupid. I had to pick him up today because I ran out of pickups last week, and Yahoo doesn't add the guy until the next day, and I missed out on all of tonight. ugghhhh.

With the way my recent adds have been (Margot, Garcia,...) he will cool off immediately while the guys I didn't grab go off (Zimm, Gallo, etc.)

I think I will still stream him only against RHP though, and mostly at home. Throw him in a platoon with Dahl (only playing him at home), and I think it could give me a pretty damn good player combined.

It's not Yahoo, it's your league settings set up by your commish. I play yahoo and we can add ppl and play them same day because we chose "daily" as our add/drop set up.