NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Brandon Marshall 2017 Season Outlook

petekrum

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, RevisAteMyQB said:

Initial reactions say this will be the Sheppard / OBJ Show with some Engram sprinkled in. Marshall looked out of sync, and Eli seemed to be ignoring him.Poor O-line play didn't help, but the BMarsh project is trending downward.

It's 1 game lol 

27 minutes ago, chud12 said:

The only explanation I can come up with is without OBJ the Cowboys just focused on Marshall and kept the defense rolling his way which is why Eli just didn't look at him.. 

It looked to me that Eli had to throw it before Marshall was

even halfway into his route. A lot of short quick stuff in the middle of

the field 

Brandon Marshall was held to one catch for 10 yards in Week 1 against the Cowboys.

His only catch came on the second last play of the game. Marshall was targeted four times, behind Sterling Shepard, Evan Engram, and Roger Lewis. Even if Odell Beckham doesn't return, Marshall is a Week 2 fade against Detroit.

Yikes. 

Help me understand, is it qbs simply won't throw it unless they feel there is a monster play to be had? Whatever happened to throwing to your wideout, your tall wideout and let him just make some moves to bring the ball down? Marshall will get things done.. I mean jfc how do you not throw to a vet like this and see if he can simply keep things alive? 

6 minutes ago, atrium said:

It's kind of crazy how far off a cliff Bmarsh has fallen in the span of a year. There wasn't a gradual descent at all, the bottom straight fell out

I don't think it's him tho, he's had so far the crap of craps throwing to him right now. 

2 hours ago, chud12 said:

It's 1 game lol 

Right? So many people just ready to throw in the towel on BMarsh. Just a reminder that it wasn't that long ago when he schooled Richard Sherman last season. Most of that season was a dumpster fire, but when Marshall wanted to makes a point he did so. 

https://youtu.be/FN5xjR65IGs

28 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Listening to Boomer Esiasin analyze Eli this mourning and he puts it all on him. Not making the right reads, happy feet etc. etc.  

Quoting Phil Simms. "Brandon Marshall is a giant, when he is 1 on 1 you throw it up to him."  

Thats 2 former qbs putting all the blame on one guy here.  I think we (Marshall owners) have to just move on here and not really take anything from this ishh show. Eli has to be much, much better.  

Shocked how bad the giants looked. Losing OBJ shouldn't result in what we saw last night. Eli looked like he didn't know what to do.  Eli was under pressure but too many short passes and not enough passes to stretch the field. Give credit to Dallas.. their def played strong. I evaluate players up to week 3 before panicking or making the determination that I f'd up drafting that player.. 1 game doesn't define a players season. With that said BMarsh was on my bench and will continue to be there as depth. 

1 minute ago, Pooskay said:

Marshall in his prime would've had a way better game.

It's a combination of Eli sucking and Marshall being on the decline. 

Well, you could say that about any player in their prime.  But it isn't like Marshall is 38 years old and a shell of his former self.  He is still in great shape and an above average receiver.  I think game plan and Eli sucking were the determining factors for his horrible night.  On the night Marshall only had 4 targets.  That is absurd.  The Giants knew that OBJ was going to be a game-time decision and had plenty of time to come up with a second game plan should he not be able to go.  Marshall should have easily hit double-digit targets on the night.  Instead, the Giants coordinators and Eli pooped the bed.  Good times.