NBC Sports Edge Forums

Carlos Hyde 2017 Season Outlook

13 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

This thread should be 1 page.

People reciting the click bait and hyping up unprovens and bums and then everyone else telling them to beat it and watch actual football.

You don't sell advertisement dollars via web clicks if there's no story to sell.  That's why these reporters and beat writers try their hardest to create stories.  

Now Hightower gonna be the starter?  This guy has been a background player his whole career, but now he's gonna overtake Hyde at 31 years old.  

Keep fading Hyde and watching Ads for Chlorox and Budweiser reading fake news articles.  I'll be here to pick him up cheap when the draft comes around.

I don't think many people ever believed that Hyde would be on the team, and serve as a backup to Williams or Hightower. The idea was/is that Hyde will either be cut or traded,or Williams and Hightower will have a large role. I still say Hightower will have standalone value, especially in PPR. I also think Williams will start games by the end of the year, either due to performance, or a Hyde injury.  

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

I don't think many people ever believed that Hyde would be on the team, and serve as a backup to Williams or Hightower. The idea was/is that Hyde will either be cut or traded,or Williams and Hightower will have a large role. I still say Hightower will have standalone value, especially in PPR. I also think Williams will start games by the end of the year, either due to performance, or a Hyde injury.  

I guess people will believe anything.

I've got some magic beans I'll sell you if you're interested.

I will be honest last season i  trade propped the hyde owner every week and he told me not going to happen. Once Hyde got hurt I went on a campaign telling everyone i knew he was going to get hurt and he was so fragile and why would u draft a guy with an injury history blah blah blah. 

So this season I would definitely grab him 4th rd, he is top 10 rb if he stays healthy

I've drafted Joe Williams in a few leagues because I thought he'd have a legit shot at the starting role but his start of camp reports have not been good.

Last few days of camp have been better for Williams but not good enough to supplant the veteran. 

Hyde is the back to own in SF

Source: NFL Network - Ian Rapoport

San Francisco 49ers RB Carlos Hyde reportedly came into training camp in the best shape of his life, has been a 'beast' in practice and is a player generating a ton of optimism in training camp as someone they view as the 'bell-cow of their offense,' according to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport.

8 minutes ago, TX Babe Ruth said:

I've drafted Joe Williams in a few leagues because I thought he'd have a legit shot at the starting role but his start of camp reports have not been good.

Last few days of camp have been better for Williams but not good enough to supplant the veteran. 

Hyde is the back to own in SF

Source: NFL Network - Ian Rapoport

San Francisco 49ers RB Carlos Hyde reportedly came into training camp in the best shape of his life, has been a 'beast' in practice and is a player generating a ton of optimism in training camp as someone they view as the 'bell-cow of their offense,' according to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport.

He always has been.

@Rolling Thunder has been on top of the bogus Hyde hate stories from the beginning. One of the best examples of an intelligent dismantling of a fake news campaign I've ever seen. 

i was hoping the panic would continue but camp has silenced the hype on the rookie. i was hoping to continue to get him in the 6th round. he's still fairly cheap for what he can offer. 4th or 5th round lately and less than $20 in auction

Offensive line should be helped by the zone blocking scheme.  I think it's too early to say how Hoyer will look with the receivers.  Hopefully serviceable but something to keep an eye on in the preseason for sure.

Has Hyde been outright cut yet or over thrown for a journeyman that didn't play in a football game for 3 years during the prime of his career?

To the people out there that oppose the bogus news stories when they seem like they are just there to create stories, I appreciate you.  I feel like 60-70% of this forum now just regurgitates things that someone on the internet says and we gain little from it with no real critical thinking of the info.  But the 30-40% of you that have the ability to make your own opinions and defend them, yall are the reason I feel like I gain a lot from this forum and I appreciate you.

That includes those of you that I disagree with as well.  I'm definitely not always right (more often than not I am though), but I feel like I learn more when I am opposed by people that bring valid points.

Right now I have Hyde in tier 3 at 15. After Miller, Crowell, Abdullah, Blount and followed by Ingram and Anderson at the end of the tier with Fournette, Peterson, and Lynch at the beginning of tier 4. I really feel like I have no clue how to rank these guys, though. 

3 hours ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Hyde faces the #1 toughest schedule vs RBs in 2017. Considering how unexceptional their passing game will likely be, there are going to be many weeks owners shouldn't expect much.

He faced a similar predicament last season and was a gem.

11 minutes ago, devaster said:

That was also due to a head coach that kept running even if they were down 14+.  Not sure Shanny will do that or not this year. 

On the positive side Shanny's play sequencing should be light years better than Chip's was. 

1 minute ago, 96mnc said:

That was also due to a head coach that kept running even if they were down 14+.  Not sure Shanny will do that or not this year. 

On the positive side Shanny's play sequencing should be light years better than Chip's was. 

So, are you in this year? Still TBD? Where are you ranking Hyde?

Just now, timexsocialclub said:

So, are you in this year? Still TBD? Where are you ranking Hyde?

I generally don't do formal rankings until after all pre-season has completed as my leagues draft LATE.  And I want as much info as possible especially with coaching changes and injuries.  For example, starting guard Josh Garnett is now hurt.  That impacts Hyde.  And format matters as well. 

Having said that, I'm a fan of the Hyde's intrinsic talent and abilities, always have been.   

4th/5th round atm?  What's his adp?

2 minutes ago, 96mnc said:

I generally don't do formal rankings until after all pre-season has completed as my leagues draft LATE.  And I want as much info as possible especially with coaching changes and injuries.  For example, starting guard Josh Garnett is now hurt.  That impacts Hyde.  And format matters as well. 

Having said that, I'm a fan of the Hyde's intrinsic talent and abilities, always have been.   

Yep, 4.04 ADP 12 team and 5.01 10 team on FFC.

Will check back in with you as late as possible!

50 minutes ago, devaster said:

Fair point, though repeating that feat again this year, with arguably an even more difficult schedule, in a new system, etc. Not saying he can't have a good year, but he's got quite an uphill battle. An (arguably) lesser RB like Ty Montgomery will likely have a better season simply due to situation.

Edited by Lamont Sanford
1 hour ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Fair point, though repeating that feat again this year, with arguably an even more difficult schedule, in a new system, etc. Not saying he can't have a good year, but he's got quite an uphill battle. An (arguably) lesser RB like Ty Montgomery will likely have a better season simply due to situation.

I will disagree here. If both are healthy all year, my money is on Hyde over Montgomery.

2 hours ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Your point is valid and I hear where you're coming from.  I do think though, no exaggeration, that Hyde played the #1 ranked pre-season rush D schedule last year also and played pretty darn good when on the field.  Never bothered checking where the 49ers stacked up against rush D at the end of season with actual rankings, but I wouldn't expect it too far out of top 5.

Edited by Dreams And Dwightmares
4 hours ago, 96mnc said:

Agree.  He's a player I got to see quite a bit of at Ohio State, guy was a beast.  Yet to own him, that might change this year. 

4 hours ago, 96mnc said:

I'm seeing 4th or even late 3rd.   New quote today about him being a "workhorse".   So u know-   Gonna only get more pricey.   

You are dead on about him getting a lot of his fantasy points last year late when they were down.    They never stopped running.   It almost felt like SF didn't care about the score.   I see a lot of stacked boxes in his future.   

8 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

I'm seeing 4th or even late 3rd.   New quote today about him being a "workhorse".   So u know-   Gonna only get more pricey.   

You are dead on about him getting a lot of his fantasy points last year late when they were down.    They never stopped running.   It almost felt like SF didn't care about the score.   I see a lot of stacked boxes in his future.   

Yep, it was odd how much they ran despite the score.

As far as stacked boxes, seems like that's tough against a Shanny offense; Hoyer will sling it for better or worse and Garcon can still go get it but point taken, Hyde is the best talent on this offense by far.

18 minutes ago, SpartanEric said:

Agree.  He's a player I got to see quite a bit of at Ohio State, guy was a beast.  Yet to own him, that might change this year. 

I will always say that if Ohio State had given Hyde the ball instead of Braxton against you guys on 4th and 2 in the 2013 Big Ten Championship game we win.  You hadn't stopped him all day.