NBC Sports Edge Forums

Carlos Hyde 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On September 30, 2017 at 3:13 AM, Lamont Sanford said:

Ok, I get it now. At first I thought you were just being an obtuse, defensive, Hyde owner. But the bolded indicates that you know exactly what I'm talking about, yet want to argue for some reason. No thanks, good luck on Sunday.

You still get it, now?

Fantasy aside for second. I respect the hell out of this man. He worked his butt off for every yard today. I was really impressed with him. When he wasn't running or catching, he was going toe to toe with blitzing linebackers and stopping them in their tracks. 

9 hours ago, Tenner said:

Fantasy aside for second. I respect the hell out of this man. He worked his butt off for every yard today. I was really impressed with him. When he wasn't running or catching, he was going toe to toe with blitzing linebackers and stopping them in their tracks. 

Yeah this dude is really good.   Hope he puts together a solid season and a good team pays up for him.  He's seriously the only bright spot on the team, it's gotta be kinda defeating playing hurt and playing so hard to just keep on losing by a hair.

Hyde will probably miss practices all year and be questionable on every Friday injury report. That being said, I'd still buy if the price is right, because I think he's worth the risk. If he misses a game or two, oh well, it happens, but I still think he will put up solid RB1 numbers all season. He didn't do much this week in terms of total yards, and he obviously didn't get in the end zone. Still gave me 17.5 points in my PPR league this week. He is averaging over 5 targets per week, over 5 yards per carry, and over 5 yards per catch. I'm perfectly content with the way things are going so far.

42 minutes ago, fatbob166 said:

Hyde will probably miss practices all year and be questionable on every Friday injury report. That being said, I'd still buy if the price is right, because I think he's worth the risk. If he misses a game or two, oh well, it happens, but I still think he will put up solid RB1 numbers all season. He didn't do much this week in terms of total yards, and he obviously didn't get in the end zone. Still gave me 17.5 points in my PPR league this week. He is averaging over 5 targets per week, over 5 yards per carry, and over 5 yards per catch. I'm perfectly content with the way things are going so far.

He put up 14.5 in ppr this week.

Rather have a guy who always performs but misses a few games, than a guy who plays all 16 games but has 5 duds. You all know to stash Breida in case Hyde misses time, then you won't lose much. It's really that easy.

13 minutes ago, yahyahtrick said:

Just got offered Gronk. Man... tempting...

No unless you are stacked at RB. Hyde is top 10 so far and his schedule has been brutal. After the next 3 weeks his value should be even higher.

Also, Gronk is more injury prone than Hyde. 

Let's be realistic guys Hyde has a legit shot to finish as a Top5-10 rb this season in ppr based on his function in this offense, particularly  if he adds a few more td's this season. 

Embrace the thought and stop worryiing about 'if he gets injured" talk.:mellow:

10 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Let's be realistic guys Hyde has a legit shot to finish as a Top5-10 rb this season in ppr based on his function in this offense, particularly  if he adds a few more td's this season. 

Embrace the thought and stop worryiing about 'if he gets injured" talk.:mellow:

Right no one talked about if dj got injured or if cook got injured.  Yet here we are going into week 5 with hyde and mccoy and gronk still trucking.

Predicting injuries is a fools game. 

I think my only concern, while not 'banking' on him getting injured, is if the 49ers continue to lose, and Hyde gets banged up here and here, then does he get phased out over the season for Brieda? I'm also not trying to turn this into a 'is this a good deal' post, but in the example up above of being offered Gronk for Hyde, I happen to have a team that's stacked (and healthy) at the moment, the only weakness being TE, so that's the type of value/offer I'd be all over.