NBC Sports Edge Forums

Carlos Hyde 2017 Season Outlook

kid's playin' for cheddah ... always follow the cheddah >

The Mercury News reports the 49ers could extend contract-year RB Carlos Hyde.

Hyde has been one of the bright spots for the 49ers, ranking inside the top-ten in yards (321), touchdowns (2) and averaging 4.9 YPC. His future was in question after Joe Williams (IR, ankle) was drafted, but he's proven to be a fit in Kyle Shanahan's zone-blocking scheme. Hyde has a checkered injury history and needs to show he can stay healthy before the 49ers extend him. He's likely to command Lamar Miller money (4 years, $26M).

tenor.gif
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/7/2017 at 1:08 AM, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Hyde has been one of the bright spots for the 49ers, ranking inside the top-ten in yards (321), touchdowns (2) and averaging 4.9 YPC. His future was in question after Joe Williams (IR, ankle) was drafted, but he's proven to be a fit in Kyle Shanahan's zone-blocking scheme. Hyde has a checkered injury history and needs to show he can stay healthy before the 49ers extend him. He's likely to command Lamar Miller money (4 years, $26M).

tenor.gif

Niners trying to drive down that price??

Go from reports to the 9ers being open to an extension to this......we all knew the Colts were a stout run defense, but my god, didn't realize Hoyer slinging it for 46 attempts (only 1 to Hyde) was going to be the game script heading into this. I own Hyde and Breida.....has this become a RBBC?

6 minutes ago, joey0480 said:

I think there are larger issues now than this week....like predicting if this will happen week to week

Exactly. I feel bad for the Beckham owners, but at least you know he's done and can replace him. Who knows what you will get on a week to week basis.

On 10/7/2017 at 2:08 AM, pastorofmuppets2 said:

tenor.gif

So they benched him to avoid paying him....SMH

Of course, the 50-50 timeshare rears its ugly head... the very week I drop Breida thinking that Hyde was going to gut through his injuries.  To hear now that there was no concern about the injury and it was just that Shanny chose Hyde?  I give up.

The thing is not only did Hyde look better the first 4 weeks he was miles and miles better. He was actually while Breida was mediocre at best.

Yet a few series and that's it. 0-5 this ******** coach is way over his head.

17 minutes ago, altmin said:

SO what do you do? Hope this is a blip? Do you try to bail while there is still some value? I don't see myself getting a usable RB from him in any trade. sigh

Depends on your roster and league, but doesnt hurt to shop him and see what comes of it.  I may target ajayi....granted he has been underperforming fantasy wise but he is the lead back.

I have to think something was going on this week as both bowman and hyde were taken out a bit.  Perhaps some punishment?  For what who knows