Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Carlos Hyde 2017 Season Outlook


Recommended Posts

I'm rolling with Hyde ROS. You don't want to sell low based on rumours. Once they get a new contract done, he is entrenched as their bellcow RB. At that point you might get fair value in a trade, but unless you are absolutely loaded at RB, I wouldn't give Hyde away. Shanny's zone blocking scheme fits him perfectly, that's exactly what he did in college. Great one-cut-and-go runner who is tough to bring down. One of the best goalline runners in the league. Great pass catcher too, which gives him a solid floor even if they are down a few scores. Beathard really had an eye on him in the passing game, even more than Hoyer.

 

Solid RB1 in all formats! Can't find 10 RBs that I'd put over him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Boudewijn said:

 

Consider the TDs a bonus, but the yards are there too - 500 yds in 6 games so far, one of which he left early. Ingram can compare to that (almost), but Kamara is a lot less so far. And Hyde plays home against Dallas - he's in my line-up anyway.

Good points. I think I'll start Hyde and Bell as my starting backs and Ingram as my flex against Green Bay. I think talk of Ingram losing more touches to Kamara might be a little overblown, at least for now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chrismikayla said:

Good points. I think I'll start Hyde and Bell as my starting backs and Ingram as my flex against Green Bay. I think talk of Ingram losing more touches to Kamara might be a little overblown, at least for now.

 

 

I think ingram vs kamara touches are going to vary week to week depending on gameflow and what Payton schemes. Either one is fantasy viable. All u need from kamara is 15 touches for the flex

Link to post
Share on other sites

http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/article179027746.html

Kyle Shanahan said rumors late last week that the 49ers were talking to other teams about trading running back Carlos Hyde were “absolutely, absolutely 100 percent false.”

And if that wasn’t enough: “Nothing true about that,” the 49ers coach added.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, chrismikayla said:

Do other Hyde owners trust him this week against Philly and that run defense?

 

 I have no choice gurley is on a bye and it's either lamar miller or hyde so hyde gets it by default

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, chrismikayla said:

Thanks I don't know who to fire up between he and Ingram at Chicago.

First, that Saints game is at home in New Orleans.

 

Second, I'd definitely start Ingram over Hyde.  Ingram has put up huge numbers since the Saints traded Peterson, and I'd assume that the Saints will have a lead on a Bears team that struggles to put up points and the Saints will run out the clock in the second half.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Al O'Pecia said:

First, that Saints game is at home in New Orleans.

 

Second, I'd definitely start Ingram over Hyde.  Ingram has put up huge numbers since the Saints traded Peterson, and I'd assume that the Saints will have a lead on a Bears team that struggles to put up points and the Saints will run out the clock in the second half.

Hopefully they run it out with KAMARA.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, chrismikayla said:

Thanks I don't know who to fire up between he and Ingram at Chicago.

With the way things have been trending, I think Ingram is the move here in your case. Back to Hyde, 1-2 inches of rain is expected in Philly for this game. I'm hoping both teams are forced to play conservative and pound the rock. Hyde should have a chance to get the touches he deserves. Maybe, just maybe, Wentz won't have San Fran playing behind by 3 scores after a quarter and a half go by. It's such a shame, Hyde really could be week in and week out a top 7 back if he just had a better situation. San Fran KILLS his value. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Motown_Magic said:

With the way things have been trending, I think Ingram is the move here in your case. Back to Hyde, 1-2 inches of rain is expected in Philly for this game. I'm hoping both teams are forced to play conservative and pound the rock. Hyde should have a chance to get the touches he deserves. Maybe, just maybe, Wentz won't have San Fran playing behind by 3 scores after a quarter and a half go by. It's such a shame, Hyde really could be week in and week out a top 7 back if he just had a better situation. San Fran KILLS his value. 

A bit dramatic don’t u think?   He’s rb10 or something in standard.    It would be nice if they were more prolific on offense but as long as he gets work regardless— he’s a rb1 weekly.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, KuNiT21 said:

Any chance Hyde is going to get traded? 

Earlier in this thread we decided that chance is near zero. The 49ers have made it clear they like Hyde and they have a good reputation for being clear about their intentions.

 

It could always happen, but don't base your plans on it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...