NBC Sports Edge Forums

Carlos Hyde 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/23/2017 at 8:49 AM, Trifecta said:

My dilemma is more trade based. I can make a move to put my team over the top and my options are Hyde and cooks.  I'm torn who is rather have as weekly flex play ROS. Seems Hyde is a better floor but cooks the superior ceiling.

As much as I've supported Hyde, floors are not what usually win you playoff games.

3 minutes ago, championship or bust said:

10 point floors from every position on your team will gross you at least 90 points....

use logic please.

a 30 point ceiling from every position on your team will gross you at least 270 points....

use logic please.

Edited by FFCollusion
1 hour ago, FFCollusion said:

As much as I've supported Hyde, floors are not what usually win you playoff games.

24 minutes ago, phisouza33 said:

Hyde is just so blah. Very little confidence in anything more than 10 points. It’s painful relying on this guy. Sigh

7 minutes ago, championship or bust said:

say what?

10 point floors from every position on your team will gross you at least 90 points....

use logic please.

remember, most of that floor has been culled recently from Beathard dumpoffs/checkdowns ... now, IF Jimmy G gets the gig going forward, who knows?  he may favor pushing the ball downfield much more, eschewing the rook safety valve that Beathard was proficient at.  

conversely, maybe Jimmy G puts them in scoring position a great deal more, ergo enhancing Hyde's shots at TDs ... who the eff knows ...

but i do agree on swinging big come playoff time - and, tbh, Hyde's upside is severely capped these days. 

57 minutes ago, FFCollusion said:

There's no blanket statement that will work here though. Hyde has such a high floor right now and that floor could easily turn into boom weeks, especially with some positive uptick in offensive production. 

The reason I went with Hyde is that he is guaranteed to touch the ball. Cooks has definitely started to be featured more, but any given week any patriots player has a relatively high chance of losing targets to his teammates, game script, and playcalling.

2 hours ago, Trifecta said:

There's no blanket statement that will work here though. Hyde has such a high floor right now and that floor could easily turn into boom weeks, especially with some positive uptick in offensive production. 

Hyde has been helping us out without seeing the GL as much as he could.  If JG can remedy that (I believe he can), Hyde could score a few times more, which is all we need from this guy. 

What do you guys think about Hydes playoff schedule? I usually flex Hyde but I'm thinking of replacing him with Josh gordon. 

QB: Brady

WR: T Hill/R Anderson/J Gordon/M Goodwin/Crabtree

RB: M Gordon/Kamara/Hyde/A Peterson

TE: Gronk/Doyle

DEF: Seattle

Dropped Hyde for Mike Davis with arrow pointing up in Seattle for 3 down back.  Don't like Hydes playoff schedule and the almost 50/50 timeshare with Breida last week in a tight game was concerning.  Like mentioned  earlier, I think Shanahan wants to see more of Breida because they know what they have in Hyde and losing out the rest of season won't be such a bad thing for draft reasons.  

5 minutes ago, tah10 said:

Everyone still down on Carlos this week? He did have 20 touches last game..

Can't trust him in a playoff week game.  He's a hold right now.  If he breaks out this week, owners still have the option to use him next week if they can.