NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jordan Howard 2017 Season Outlook

My concern is that it will be easier for the Bucs to just completely load up the box with the dearth of receiving options the Bears have, making it easier to contain Howard.  Cohen's diversity makes it much more challenging to shut him down, so I see Cohen having a bigger game.  Plus Howard's shoulder is a bit of a concern.  All said, I'm putting Cohen in over him...at least at this moment.

Having said all that, I'm sure I am completely overthinking this!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there anything worse from a fantasy perspective than when your starting RB, with an injury you don't know the extent of, is going to "give it a go?"

Just a hunch, but after watching Tarik last week (Bears fan here) I just don't see how he can NOT put up RB2 numbers easily this week

So, in a nutshell, both Tarik & Jordan put up RB2 numbers today with a slight edge to Tarik 15-12

4 minutes ago, Hangry Bird said:

Is there anything worse from a fantasy perspective than when your starting RB, with an injury you don't know the extent of, is going to "give it a go?"

Just a hunch, but after watching Tarik last week (Bears fan here) I just don't see how he can NOT put up RB2 numbers easily this week

So, in a nutshell, both Tarik & Jordan put up RB2 numbers today with a slight edge to Tarik 15-12

Nope, this is about the worst. Nightmare fuel is fantasy is any of your players who is banged up leaving a game early and forcing you stare at that 0 for the rest of the day Sunday.

Howard had 16 carries but a buck last year against this defense. If he's playing i'm starting. I would be more worried about a lower extremity injury. If he's playing with a sprained AC joint or separated his shoulder well they have shots that can take care of that to get him through game day.

Last year, Howard had 13 carries in the first half, 2 in the second half after the Bears fell behind 24-10. He ended up with 100 yards on the ground. He and his fellow running backs actually had a nice day rushing, as they all averaged over 6.5 yards a carry. However, none of them had a TD as the Bears didn't get into the redzone all game. Chicago's only TD was a 50 yard strike to Meredith. Cutler played like trash. Threw two picks and had two fumbles. Could Glennon play any better? At least he won't turn the ball over as much (one would think).

You could make the case that TB is rusty with this being their first game. However, Jameis came out last year slinging 4 TDs in week 1.

Don't get attached to ADP. Howard needs to find the endzone to justify a start in this one. 

Edited by DeepDive

Hard to keep rostering this guy. Average talent on a terrible team. Not to mention 4 of the next 5 he plays against solid defenses. Pitt,  Vikes, Ravens, Panthers. He has the Packers too, which they will be trailing from the jump. Yuck.

Edited by noles1983

There are so many things not going in Howard's favor. Cohen stealing carries and hogging all the receptions, the Bears are a bad football team which means they will be playing from behind leading to more passing and Cohen, Howard banged up already. Looking like a bust fellas. I drafted him in one league and knew it was mistake the second I clicked the mouse. He might be relevant only if Cohen goes down. 

43 minutes ago, noles1983 said:

Hard to keep rostering this guy. Average talent on a terrible team. Not to mention 4 of the next 5 he plays against solid defenses. Pitt,  Vikes, Ravens, Panthers. He has the Packers too, which they will be trailing from the jump. Yuck.

Hard to roster him? Come on now 

Maybe people should drop bell after two clunkers as well.

it was a terrible game for him there's no arguing that. But the dude came in hurt against a good ball club and just didn't have it today.

Its one game. For all this doom and gloom and cohen is taking over talk, dude put up solid numbers last week even with cohen getting his taste.

Cohen does not have the build to be a 3 down rb. Howard showed last year he is a very capable back. Shady had a s---y game today too. Sometimes guys just get shut down. 

I feel like he'll eventually turn it around after he heals up + the defense he faces aren't as tough.

But the next few weeks sure is gonna be hard...being forced benching my 2nd round pick this early in the season is not a good sign.

1 minute ago, Gamecubesupreme said:

I feel like he'll eventually turn it around after he heals up + the defense he faces aren't as tough.

But the next few weeks sure is gonna be hard...being forced benching my 2nd round pick this early in the season is not a good sign.

This.  The combination of a horrible early season schedule and a horrible quarterback are going to make the next month suck.  Eventually, he'll right the ship.  Unfortunately, most of us owners will be eliminated by then.

1 hour ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

Hard to roster him? Come on now 

Maybe people should drop bell after two clunkers as well.

except bell got 25 touches today. do you envision a time in the foreseeable future that howard gets 25 touches. amateur comparison.