Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Julio Jones 2017 Season Outlook


elite
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, ShowStopper said:

so he started training camp without being placed on pup list and no restrictions... if there was some sort of issue don't u think they woulda brought him along slowly? He's pretty much 100%.. I don't see why people are worrying so much 

 

He has been brought along slowly: 

 

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/falcons-julio-jones-will-be-limited-to-start-training-camp/amp/

 

http://www.ajc.com/sports/football/quinn-happy-see-julio-jones-return-action/QTC5jOMm5Xds0a3HVyHkKO/amp.html

 

 

Good luck

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, joshua18 said:

 

ok but there hasn't been any set backs with his recovery. and the fact he's on the field running is a good sign. from the article it states the are just being cautious but nothing indicated he is still bothered by his foot. He's already came out and said he is recovering great and going for 2,000 yards this year! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, ShowStopper said:

 

ok but there hasn't been any set backs with his recovery. and the fact he's on the field running is a good sign. from the article it states the are just being cautious but nothing indicated he is still bothered by his foot. He's already came out and said he is recovering great and going for 2,000 yards this year! 

and 6 TDs lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

it is really depressing when a WR like Julio has such low red zone usage and low TD count... he had one more TD than Amari Cooper.. meanwhile Jordy and Evans rack them up..12-14 tds a piece

 

Anyway:

 

Will Touchdowns Pick Up?

Aside from missing a few games due to injury, Jones’ main concern remains his red zone usage. In 2016 he saw a red zone target share of a mere 11.8% (94th) on 14 targets. In this area he was out-targeted by Mohamed Sanu (18 targets) and Devonta Freeman (19). While this is concerning, there is room for optimism going into 2017. New Offensive Coordinator, Steve Sarkisian, said he would like to utilize Jones increasingly in the red zone.

 

https://fantasyfootballcalculator.com/news/julio-jones-building-block-fantasy-team-2017

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/27/2017 at 10:24 AM, joshua18 said:

 

Yeah, but he is what he is at this point in his career. Much more likely he scores fewer than 7 TDs than 10+. I can't think of a player who ever scored fewer than 10 TDs despite getting 200+ targets like he did in 2015. That's not a fluke. 

Calvin Johnson in 2012?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, burninglegs said:

 

 

Or adding to that, if the ground game doesn't work as well for ATL as it did last season. 

 

Exactly. Although I don't expect too much regression in that department since Freeman and Coleman might be the best backfield in the league. Maybe 10-20% rushing regression.

 

Alex Mack really changed things along their line. Also, their division has some mediocre defenses.

 

Edited by PlayTheWaivers
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, brosephd said:

The thing about fantasy is that it makes you stream games you would never watch just to watch one player haha.

 

Redzone, bro. Problem solved.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

He's being drafted, and rightly so, as if he's the guy he's been over the past four-five seasons: a big-yardage, big-play threat who doesn't score enough TDs to push him past OBJ and AB. But Jones is more naturally gifted than both those guys, physically, and while the unknown of a new offensive coordinator gives us pause, it could be a bonus. What if Sarkisian's the guy who finally unleashes Julio's full potential? He's already said he intends to use Julio more at the goal line, what if he follows through with it? All of a sudden, Jones wouldn't just be an elite receiver, he'd be the guy who won you your league.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Fierylady said:

He's being drafted, and rightly so, as if he's the guy he's been over the past four-five seasons: a big-yardage, big-play threat who doesn't score enough TDs to push him past OBJ and AB. But Jones is more naturally gifted than both those guys, physically, and while the unknown of a new offensive coordinator gives us pause, it could be a bonus. What if Sarkisian's the guy who finally unleashes Julio's full potential? He's already said he intends to use Julio more at the goal line, what if he follows through with it? All of a sudden, Jones wouldn't just be an elite receiver, he'd be the guy who won you your league.

 

How about something like 1,750 receiving yards and 15TDs?

 

Julio would be the best WR of all time if he got used more in the red zone.

 

Im constantly amazed how he can do everything AB and OBJ do but he does it at 6'4 and 225lbs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

I remember that game against the saints when the falcons put up 45 points in the saints house and Julio Jones has 1 catch for 16 yards or something.

 

That is when he became DND for me. But if the falcons are down more this year, Julio could really surprise with positive pass game script.

 

Remember that game where Julio had like 300 receiving yards?

 

Yeah, you basically could have benched most the rest of your team that week and still won if you had Julio.

 

BTW, was Julio dropping passes in that Saints game or was Matt Ryan just not going to him? Cause Julio embarrasses double coverage on the regular.

 

Julio supposed to throw the ball to himself?

 

Sucks for fantasy that Julio is not selfish like Cris Carter or T.O. or Dez. If he demanded the ball instead of being a phenomenal teammate he would be the best of all time as it is he is just a 1st ballot hall of famer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The only issue I ever have with Julio as an owner is the stress of the weekly injury reports/practice/game day reports and my biggest frustration is the massive lack of optimal utilization by the coaches. Julio commands so much attention the coaching staff seem to use him more as a decoy to exploit other offensive mismatches; when they should just get him the ball. 

If u dont believe look at his measley 4 superbowl catches. NE secondary couldnt contain him he outmanuevered and outskilled them and they couldnt match his athleticism, yet the best unstoppable big play weapon in the superbowl gets a lousy 4 catches and the Falcons lose. 

 

The falcons waste of his ability is the only reason why I even consider passing over him in the top 5

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, the_dying_dream said:

I just heard he had only one target the other night. Did anyone watch the game? Were they spreading it around? What happened?

 

Dude forget about preseason. You think a guy like Julio has anything to prove? He's the best player on the team and most dominant wide receiver in the NFL. Most important thing is that he's healthy and ready to go. Who cares about a meaningless preseason game lol 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, ShowStopper said:

 

Dude forget about preseason. You think a guy like Julio has anything to prove? He's the best player on the team and most dominant wide receiver in the NFL. Most important thing is that he's healthy and ready to go. Who cares about a meaningless preseason game lol 

showstoppaaaaa

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...