NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Odell Beckham Jr 2017 Season Outlook

BlakeP42

24 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

because when he got tackled his head bounced off the ground...he was cleared of a concussion anyways

Just seems ESPN and NFL are avoiding talking about the pink elephant. I'm not a Beckham fan, but that was obviously a cheap shot he took. If he comes back from that relatively unscathed, he's undeniably tough.

• Replies 931
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, dabeesta17 said:

Just seems ESPN and NFL are avoiding talking about the pink elephant. I'm not a Beckham fan, but that was obviously a cheap shot he took. If he comes back from that relatively unscathed, he's undeniably tough.

what pink elephant? his knee isn't injured as he luckily didnt have his foot planted on the ground at the time

11 hours ago, dabeesta17 said:

Ok. Just looked to me like he got hit in the knee, not the ankle. Not sure at all why they are talking concussion after this?

i know they didnt say much about his knee but where he took that hit guaranteed his knee is feeling it today and for the concussion when that guy takes out his knee it looks like beckham hits his head on the ground and then staying on the ground like that after is probably why he was checked 

3 minutes ago, TTo34 said:

He should have gotten a delay of game penalty for throwing the football after the play ...

In a pre-season game bro?  And that would have been a pretty dick move by the referee considering the viciousness of the hit he just took.  

14 hours ago, whitekenyan24 said:

Classic OBJ for him to walk off the field and then crumple to the ground going to the locker room once he knew the cameras were focused on him.

That doesn't make sense. Cameras would be focused on him ON THE FIELD already cause of what just happened. 

Edited by Gryfter

37 minutes ago, UcanTry said:

I'm guessing he will play week one however the game is Sunday night of course. So if it comes down to GTD that  should be great with only that game and Monday night left for a replacement. 

Silver lining.  There are 2 MNF games.

Just now, ShowStopper said:

If it's just an ankle sprain like they say then he'll be just fine. With rest it he will be back to 100% 

Is it ever like they say in modern sports? Unless it is a clear season ending injury, too much chessmanship by most HC and GMs regarding the severity of the injury. You don't want to tip your hand to your opponents when you don't need to.