NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Odell Beckham Jr 2017 Season Outlook

BlakeP42

• Replies 931
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, midlip said:

Are people still taking him at ~#5 overall, or look to Green or Evans instead? 

No way I take Green or Evans over ODB.  Green has his own durability concerns & Evans is a great regression candidate (he wont' receive the same amount of targets as last season).  

11 minutes ago, midlip said:

Are people still taking him at ~#5 overall, or look to Green or Evans instead? 

2 minutes ago, chpatte4 said:

No way I take Green or Evans over ODB.  Green has his own durability concerns & Evans is a great regression candidate (he wont' receive the same amount of targets as last season).  

Agreed with chpatte4. Evans has regression concerns, Green o-line/injury. Only wr I'd take over him is Jordy (top wr's for HOF QB's age well). 

5 hours ago, chpatte4 said:

Evans will have regression in targets, but could see an increase in efficiency. As DJax helps take coverage away from Evans. Safeties will need to respect DJax still at this point. So Evans could see similar yards and TDs as last season even with less targets. 

At this point the injury is a concern. I don't really want to draft a guy that is injured at this point with something that I as a fan don't know the true severity of. I don't want a 1st round pick that is injured and potentially plays injured much of the season. Not something I want to deal with.

25 minutes ago, burninglegs said:

Evans will have regression in targets, but could see an increase in efficiency. As DJax helps take coverage away from Evans. Safeties will need to respect DJax still at this point. So Evans could see similar yards and TDs as last season even with less targets. 

At this point the injury is a concern. I don't really want to draft a guy that is injured at this point with something that I as a fan don't know the true severity of. I don't want a 1st round pick that is injured and potentially plays injured much of the season. Not something I want to deal with.

Agree.  The risk that your top draft choice has his year messed up by a known injury, supposedly non-serious or otherwise, just isn't worth it.  If in the end it works out swimmingly for OBJ and he beasts while your safer choice reaches the finish line a little behind, who cares.  When the fantasy playoffs roll around, your safer choice will have virtually an equal chance of posting a great week as OBJ.  All studs are essentially equal in the frame of a one week snap shot.  Take the guy who has the most chance of helping you pull the rope during the regular season, but who will also present a dangerous match up for you when the real crunch time comes.  

5 hours ago, midlip said:

so the general sense is that ODB is milking it and will play week 1?  Interesting...... lots of doctors on these boards haha 

Milking it? There's absolutely no reason to risk playing in two meaningless preseason exhibitions. You really think the Giants would be pushing to have him play in exhibition games even if he was at 99% health?

7 hours ago, midlip said:

so the general sense is that ODB is milking it and will play week 1?  Interesting...... lots of doctors on these boards haha 

1 hour ago, Purple Hippo said:

Milking it? There's absolutely no reason to risk playing in two meaningless preseason exhibitions. You really think the Giants would be pushing to have him play in exhibition games even if he was at 99% health?

He's the biggest prima-donna in the game, of course he is going to milk any situation to get attention. He does have a legitimate injury and shouldn't play till he absolutely has to, which is week 1 of the regular season.

1 hour ago, yanksman said:

There is almost no news of high ankle sprain in any of the ny media. He was riding a stationary bike today. I think this Cho guy is blowing smoke up your butts.

He tends to be pretty accurate tbh. I don't think we're out of the woods yet with Beckham (not a fantasy owner, but a Giants fan). 

4 hours ago, yanksman said:

There is almost no news of high ankle sprain in any of the ny media. He was riding a stationary bike today. I think this Cho guy is blowing smoke up your butts.

Nah Chao is pretty good.  I've used his twitter the last few years to get info on my players and he's pretty reliable.  Guy was a NFL doctor for the Chargers for over 15 years.  He's likely to know other team doctors, who know more than what the media is privy to.

I'm drafting at 5 and I think I might go Evans because of this.

Edited by Biw