NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Odell Beckham Jr 2017 Season Outlook

BlakeP42

1 hour ago, Red Sox Nation said:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/08/25/report-odell-beckham-getting-laser-treatment-on-ankle/

Getting some sort of laser treatment. I gotta say, this is starting to scare me off him. I think this is enough to bump him down to wr5/6 at least. 

The difference between Jones/OBJ/Green/Evans is so small that really it is personal preferance imo. With the injury to OBJ, I'm pushing him behind Green and Evans for sure since before the injury there wasn't too much difference between the three. Not sure if I push OBJ below Nelson and Thomas yet. 

• Replies 931
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, burninglegs said:

The difference between Jones/OBJ/Green/Evans is so small that really it is personal preferance imo. With the injury to OBJ, I'm pushing him behind Green and Evans for sure since before the injury there wasn't too much difference between the three. Not sure if I push OBJ below Nelson and Thomas yet. 

Are you talking ppr or standard here?  You don't have Nelson in the Evans/Green tier?

18 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

Are you talking ppr or standard here?  You don't have Nelson in the Evans/Green tier?

I have Nelson right behind them. 

Brown

Jones/Evans/Green/OBJ

Nelson/Thomas

If OBJ's injury appears to be more serious, I will probably swap out OBJ and Nelson. 

14 minutes ago, burninglegs said:

I have Nelson right behind them. 

Brown

Jones/Evans/Green/OBJ

Nelson/Thomas

If OBJ's injury appears to be more serious, I will probably swap out OBJ and Nelson. 

they just said today OBJ wasn't even ruled out for next game, i got him 7th in PPR yesterday 

Just now, cdd10 said:

they just said today OBJ wasn't even ruled out for next game, i got him 7th in PPR yesterday 

Spoiler Alert: Even if they knew today that OBJ wouldn't play week 1, he'd still be a Game Time Decision.  No way they're ever rule him out before the day of the game.  Why allow the defenses the extra time to adjust.

6 minutes ago, FFCollusion said:

Spoiler Alert: Even if they knew today that OBJ wouldn't play week 1, he'd still be a Game Time Decision.  No way they're ever rule him out before the day of the game.  Why allow the defenses the extra time to adjust.

plus his injury didn't look bad at all. 

3 hours ago, Smoore12 said:

Have fun. Won't score a TD until week 5. 

So you basically just don't like the guy because he didn't score a TD until week 5?  Not sure how he can be overrated when he has never had less than 90 catches, 1300 yards and 10 TD's in a given year.  That is what I call consistency, not overrated.

23 minutes ago, MariGOATA said:

I never understood the OBJ hate. Guy is an amazing player. Has the chance to go down as the greatest WR in the NFL. 

He acts like a cry baby, seeks all the attention in the world, fights on the field, then gets mad when people retaliate. He's a child plain and simple. There is plenty to dislike. With that said, hes really good at football, and as far as I know not beating helpless people up or cheating with drugs. So I'll draft him all day long with a minor injury.

20 minutes ago, Komfy said:

To everyone saying he has a high ankle sprain: can I get a source on that? 

I think it's based on the initial report that he may miss two weeks of RS.  A high ankle sprain recovery time is right around that.

So overrated! What exactly has this crybay primadonna done in his career?

Odell Beckham Jr. NFL records

Fastest to reach 250 career receptions (38 games)

Fastest to reach 200 career receptions (30 games)

Fastest to reach 150 career receptions (21 games)

Fastest to reach 100 career receptions (14 games)[

Fastest to reach 4,000 career receiving yards (42 games, tied with Lance Alworth)

Fastest to reach 3,500 career receiving yards (35 games)

Fastest to reach 3,000 career receiving yards (30 games)

Most games with 125+ receiving yards in first three seasons (13) 

Most receiving yards in first two NFL seasons: 2,744 

Most receptions in first 15 games of career: 110

Most consecutive games with 130+ receiving yards, 1+ touchdown: 4 (tied with Patrick Jeffers and Calvin Johnson)

Most games with 10+ receptions, rookie, season: 4

Most games with 10+ receptions, 100+ receiving yards, rookie, season: 4

Most games with 10+ receptions, 100+ receiving yards, 1+ touchdown reception, season: 4 (tied with Torry Holt)

Most games with 125+ receiving yards, rookie, season: 6

Most receptions at home, rookie, season: 52

Most receiving yards in any calendar month, rookie: 606 yards (December 2014)

Highest average receiving yards per game, rookie, season: 108.8[87]

Only player in NFL history to have 1,300+ receiving yards while playing in 12 or fewer games in season

Only rookie in NFL history to have 10+ receptions in consecutive games