NBC Sports Edge Forums

Odell Beckham Jr 2017 Season Outlook

2 minutes ago, furbz420 said:

The buzz I'm hearing around the city too is that Odell is fine and in great spirits. 

Kinda get the idea he just likes the attention he gets when people are constantly questioning/fretting over if he's going to play or not. The type of person who just can't stand for the spotlight not to be on him at all times. 

• Replies 931
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, absknicks said:

Kinda get the idea he just likes the attention he gets when people are constantly questioning/fretting over if he's going to play or not. The type of person who just can't stand for the spotlight not to be on him at all times. 

Yea, certainly a possibility. But as long as he goes 90/1300/10 again IDGAF what he does :D

15 minutes ago, absknicks said:

He wasn't like that was as a rookie. I miss his pre-diva days. 

25 minutes ago, dlionsfan901 said:

Is he still worth a #5 pick in a PPR 12 man? What's the consensus is he dropping?

I think so, just depends how risk adverse you are. At this point it doesn't seem like a HAS and just a regular low ankle sprain type. Otherwise we would have seen him in a boot and the beat writers would have been all over it. But if you were concerned, taking Green or Evans isn't that crazy either. They are all studs imo.

Odell Beckham (ankle) officially did not practice Wednesday.

Coach Ben McAdoo said Beckham has yet to be cleared to play after injuring his ankle earlier in the preseason. On Wednesday, OBJ did some light jogging in warmups and then moved to side work with the training staff when team drills began. For now, we'd still bet on Beckham playing Sunday.
12 hours ago, Purple Hippo said:

Looks to be moving around pretty freaking well. Congrats to those who drafted at a discount.

Don't be fooled; he's not cutting on the ankle. Betting on him being anywhere close to 100% before week 2 (4 wks after the high ankle sprain) is just asking to be disappointed. 

When asked if he will play Week 1, Odell Beckham (ankle) said he "wouldn't count it out."

"My heart, it's just not going to make this easy," Beckham said. "I can say that it's a day-to-day thing, really trying to get better. It's been two weeks. I'm itching. I'm itching, but just patience and trusting." The receiver did say he had a "good day" on Wednesday -- he warmed up with the team but did not practice -- but these comments paint a picture of someone more hopeful than confident. With Beckham looking like a game-time decision, owners need to have a backup plan in place. Sterling Shepard is available in 60 percent of Yahoo leagues.

I'm leaving him in there. I'd rather have to a desperation flex on monday in the event Odell doesn't play rather than pre-emptively bench him before a primetime game on sunday night to start the season.  He's in my lineup until he's officially ruled out.