NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Odell Beckham Jr 2017 Season Outlook

BlakeP42

• Replies 931
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For what its worth, I saw the interview and to me it seemed like he was playing coy rather than "not sounding confident".

I honestly think he's gonna play.  I think he wants to play.  I think he's gonna do everything he possibly can to get on the field come Sunday night.

Edit:

He also said as long as he's cleared by medical staff he's gonna play.

Edited by skye2388

4 minutes ago, chud12 said:
Odell Beckham - WR -  Giants

Odell Beckham (ankle) is not practicing Thursday.

Sep 7 - 11:53 AM

Odell Beckham (ankle) is not practicing Thursday

Beckham followed a similar routine as Wednesday, warming up with the team in full pads and then working to the side of practice with a trainer. Asked on Wednesday if he would play Week 1, the receiver said he "wouldn't count it out," but he did not sound particularly confident. He probably needs to get in at least limited work on Friday to be active.

59 minutes ago, skye2388 said:

For what its worth, I saw the interview and to me it seemed like he was playing coy rather than "not sounding confident".

Agreed... I know it's all we have to go on, but talk is just that... talk.  

Pretty sure this guy knows he's playing Sunday night under the lights.

1 minute ago, Trifecta said:

Agreed... I know it's all we have to go on, but talk is just that... talk.  

Pretty sure this guy knows he's playing Sunday night under the lights.

I bet he plays too, now let's see how effective he can be doing Odell things out there, OBJ is so good because of his crisp route running and cuts, shiftiness, stopping on a dime, insanely quick change of direction, will his bum ankle prevent him from having these capabilities? 

Just now, dakimbell said:

I bet he plays too, now let's see how effective he can be doing Odell things out there, OBJ is so good because of his crisp route running and cuts, shiftiness, stopping on a dime, insanely quick change of direction, will his bum ankle prevent him from having these capabilities? 

There have not even been any signs of his ankle being "bum"

He's not walking gingerly, no noticeable limp, nothing.

2 hours ago, skye2388 said:

I think the reports are exaggerated.  No boot, no wrap, no limp...just soreness.  It sounded like a minor injury to me all along he has been walking, biking, jogging, running and today he's sprinting on it.  

Im fairly confident he's playing.

If he plays, he'll be a decoy at best.

The kid is not healthy yet. They've covered up the fact that he had a high ankle sprain. He should be able to plant and cut better in a couple more weeks

55 minutes ago, Conscious Pilot said:

The kid is not healthy yet. They've covered up the fact that he had a high ankle sprain. He should be able to plant and cut better in a couple more weeks

Reasoning/source for this?

or just your opinion?

You stated it quite matter-of-factly as if you know more than others here. But it's clear you, just like everyone else here, are just guessing. 

Edited by UVA_Drew

4 hours ago, skye2388 said:

I would think BMarsh plays better with Odell out there drawing coverage off him.

Agreed.  Its the reason many of us are high on Marshall this year.

Unless youre going against OBJ, you want him in the lineup if youre a Brandon Marshall owner.  

44 minutes ago, UVA_Drew said:

Reasoning/source for this?

or just your opinion?

You stated it quite matter-of-factly as if you know more than others here. But it's clear you, just like everyone else here, are just guessing. 

He is completely speculating. Given the fact that he hasn't had his ankle taped nor been in a boot and the fact that McAdoo explicitly said he didnt have a high ankle sprain a couple weeks ago, it seems extremely unlikely he has a high ankle sprain. 

12 minutes ago, dannyz6969 said:

high ankle sprain during basketball (stepped on someone's foot as I was landing) knocked me out of commission for 2 months... let's hope O'dell has better genetics than I do

I don't know you but....he does.

Edited by TedStriker

5 hours ago, skye2388 said:

I think the reports are exaggerated.  No boot, no wrap, no limp...just soreness.  It sounded like a minor injury to me all along he has been walking, biking, jogging, running and today he's sprinting on it.  

Im fairly confident he's playing.

The twitter video from Wednesday was interesting. At the beginning when everyone was going through their warm-ups everyone else was performing jumping high knees, OBJ was not. I do not pretend to know anything more than anyone else for his situation, but noticing that has me worried. If he isn't jumping on the ankle that can't be a good sign Sunday night. Boy do I hope I am wrong!

1 minute ago, Dark Kn19ht said:

The twitter video from Wednesday was interesting. At the beginning when everyone was going through their warm-ups everyone else was performing jumping high knees, OBJ was not. I do not pretend to know anything more than anyone else for his situation, but noticing that has me worried. If he isn't jumping on the ankle that can't be a good sign Sunday night. Boy do I hope I am wrong!

Yes, I saw that same video.  I believe they are just bringing him along slowly as a precaution hence the no jumping, working alone on the sideline, etc.

3 hours ago, Conscious Pilot said:

They covered it up but you know the truth?