Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Odell Beckham Jr 2017 Season Outlook


BlakeP42
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 931
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For what its worth, I saw the interview and to me it seemed like he was playing coy rather than "not sounding confident".

 

I honestly think he's gonna play.  I think he wants to play.  I think he's gonna do everything he possibly can to get on the field come Sunday night.

 

Edit:

 

He also said as long as he's cleared by medical staff he's gonna play.

Edited by skye2388
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, chud12 said:
Odell Beckham - WR -  Giants

Odell Beckham (ankle) is not practicing Thursday.

Sep 7 - 11:53 AM

 

Odell Beckham (ankle) is not practicing Thursday

 

Beckham followed a similar routine as Wednesday, warming up with the team in full pads and then working to the side of practice with a trainer. Asked on Wednesday if he would play Week 1, the receiver said he "wouldn't count it out," but he did not sound particularly confident. He probably needs to get in at least limited work on Friday to be active.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, skye2388 said:

For what its worth, I saw the interview and to me it seemed like he was playing coy rather than "not sounding confident".

 

 

Agreed... I know it's all we have to go on, but talk is just that... talk.  

 

Pretty sure this guy knows he's playing Sunday night under the lights.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Trifecta said:

 

Agreed... I know it's all we have to go on, but talk is just that... talk.  

 

Pretty sure this guy knows he's playing Sunday night under the lights.

I bet he plays too, now let's see how effective he can be doing Odell things out there, OBJ is so good because of his crisp route running and cuts, shiftiness, stopping on a dime, insanely quick change of direction, will his bum ankle prevent him from having these capabilities? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, dakimbell said:

I bet he plays too, now let's see how effective he can be doing Odell things out there, OBJ is so good because of his crisp route running and cuts, shiftiness, stopping on a dime, insanely quick change of direction, will his bum ankle prevent him from having these capabilities? 

 

There have not even been any signs of his ankle being "bum"

 

He's not walking gingerly, no noticeable limp, nothing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, skye2388 said:

I think the reports are exaggerated.  No boot, no wrap, no limp...just soreness.  It sounded like a minor injury to me all along he has been walking, biking, jogging, running and today he's sprinting on it.  

 

Im fairly confident he's playing.

 

If he plays, he'll be a decoy at best.

 

The kid is not healthy yet. They've covered up the fact that he had a high ankle sprain. He should be able to plant and cut better in a couple more weeks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Conscious Pilot said:

 

If he plays, he'll be a decoy at best.

 

The kid is not healthy yet. They've covered up the fact that he had a high ankle sprain. He should be able to plant and cut better in a couple more weeks

 

Reasoning/source for this?

or just your opinion?

 

You stated it quite matter-of-factly as if you know more than others here. But it's clear you, just like everyone else here, are just guessing. 

Edited by UVA_Drew
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, skye2388 said:

 

I would think BMarsh plays better with Odell out there drawing coverage off him.

Agreed.  Its the reason many of us are high on Marshall this year.

 

Unless youre going against OBJ, you want him in the lineup if youre a Brandon Marshall owner.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, UVA_Drew said:

 

Reasoning/source for this?

or just your opinion?

 

You stated it quite matter-of-factly as if you know more than others here. But it's clear you, just like everyone else here, are just guessing. 

 

He is completely speculating. Given the fact that he hasn't had his ankle taped nor been in a boot and the fact that McAdoo explicitly said he didnt have a high ankle sprain a couple weeks ago, it seems extremely unlikely he has a high ankle sprain. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, dannyz6969 said:

high ankle sprain during basketball (stepped on someone's foot as I was landing) knocked me out of commission for 2 months... let's hope O'dell has better genetics than I do

I don't know you but....he does.

Edited by TedStriker
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, skye2388 said:

I think the reports are exaggerated.  No boot, no wrap, no limp...just soreness.  It sounded like a minor injury to me all along he has been walking, biking, jogging, running and today he's sprinting on it.  

 

Im fairly confident he's playing.

The twitter video from Wednesday was interesting. At the beginning when everyone was going through their warm-ups everyone else was performing jumping high knees, OBJ was not. I do not pretend to know anything more than anyone else for his situation, but noticing that has me worried. If he isn't jumping on the ankle that can't be a good sign Sunday night. Boy do I hope I am wrong!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Dark Kn19ht said:

The twitter video from Wednesday was interesting. At the beginning when everyone was going through their warm-ups everyone else was performing jumping high knees, OBJ was not. I do not pretend to know anything more than anyone else for his situation, but noticing that has me worried. If he isn't jumping on the ankle that can't be a good sign Sunday night. Boy do I hope I am wrong!

 

Yes, I saw that same video.  I believe they are just bringing him along slowly as a precaution hence the no jumping, working alone on the sideline, etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Conscious Pilot said:

 

If he plays, he'll be a decoy at best.

 

The kid is not healthy yet. They've covered up the fact that he had a high ankle sprain. He should be able to plant and cut better in a couple more weeks

They covered it up but you know the truth?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...