NBC Sports Edge Forums

Odell Beckham Jr 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 931
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Giants' Odell Beckham: Deemed day-to-day ahead of Week 2

Giants coach Ben McAdoo said Tuesday that Beckham remains day-to-day with a left high-ankle sprain, Jordan Raanan of the ESPN.com reports. After injuring his ankle during the exhibition slate, Beckham was racing against the clock to take the field for the season opener last Sunday against the Cowboys, but he didn't progress quickly enough to suit up in the 19-3 loss. The Giants seem to be more optimistic about Beckham's status heading into the Week 2 tilt with the Lions on Monday, but his availability (or lack thereof) won't become clearer until the team holds its first official full practice of the week Thursday. As of last Sunday, the three-time Pro Bowler wasn't running at full speed and had yet to do much jumping, so those would seem to be the main obstacles he still has to overcome in his recovery.

Not excited to own him. I feel like there's a lot of negative factors here:

The Giants looked awful on SNF. O-line abysmal, Eli awful and no time to throw.

Also, risk of aggravation or nagging injury.

The middle of his schedule isn't too fun either.

I hope he is what I paid for, but I am having strong doubts. Can't sell, no equal value. Drafted the day before his injury. Hanging on to hope that he can hang that 1300/10 type of season :unsure:

48 minutes ago, RyanK said:

Not excited to own him. I feel like there's a lot of negative factors here:

The Giants looked awful on SNF. O-line abysmal, Eli awful and no time to throw.

Also, risk of aggravation or nagging injury.

The middle of his schedule isn't too fun either.

I hope he is what I paid for, but I am having strong doubts. Can't sell, no equal value. Drafted the day before his injury. Hanging on to hope that he can hang that 1300/10 type of season :unsure:

The same concerns you talked about have been there since he started and he's still been able to put up great stats. He's one of the best wide receivers in the NFL looking for a big pay day. Stop worrying so much.

6 minutes ago, ShowStopper said:

I don't like the offer either but Benjamin isn't a borderline flex play. He can easily become a strong wr2 this year. 

Ill believe it when I see it. Right now I have him at WR28 ROS, which wouldn't be a good flex play in 10 teamers and borderline in 12 teamers (2 RB, 2 WR, Flex)

Edited by dakimbell
11 minutes ago, CooL said:

So he just said this is a 6-8 week injury! Holy crap. And it's only been 24 days. Terrible for his owners...

Let's everyone overreact!!!

He means it's a 6-8 week injury from the time of injury. He's 4 weeks into his recovery. He's humble bragging.

I'm extremely confused by his comment.  According to those who watched him practice...

https://njersy.co/2jrzClJ

"Beckham ran routes, doing some sprinting and cutting as he did what he could to get team officials to sign off and clear him to play. Strength and conditioning coach Aaron Wellman appeared to be watching Beckham the entire time and McAdoo was out there, too. In addition, general manager Jerry Reese and wide receivers coach Adam Henry also kept an eye on Beckham, who never seemed to open it up full-throttle during any of his work Sunday night."

As a Brandon Marshall owner who lost AR15 I need Landry's secret husband to get his blonde locks out there...  Eli needs his blonde blankie to look like the half decent qb he is..  Hopefully Beckham is out there this week to free Marshall up vs lesser coverage, and to see if this offense can get in gear....

Beckham does one horrifically cringy Dunkin Donuts commercial with Gronk and now Rob infected him with the injury bug!!!

Edited by General Gannicus