Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Odell Beckham Jr 2017 Season Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 931
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, JoeG03 said:

Was going to play it safe and bench OBJ but now thinking about starting him over diggs with this bradford news...anyone in a similar predicament?

Same boat, but with Thielen. 

 

Super risky, as Sterling and Galloday are both owned...but my gut is telling me he plays Monday. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, the holy one said:

Duuudes you dont bench your round 1 pick, if he's playing I'm starting him. It looks like he'll play imo.

The problem we all face is we have no idea if he is playing. If he doesn't start then we are stuck with Roger Lewis

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, the holy one said:

Duuudes you dont bench your round 1 pick, if he's playing I'm starting him. It looks like he'll play imo.

 

Except you don't know if he is playing or not until it is too late to replace him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd find it hard to start him without a backup player in the same game. In my case it's Sheppard but if you don't have another option in this game, I'd stay away. If he plays they will try to get him shorter plays most likely which is fine with me. He hasn't had to wear a boot which is great but my biggest worry isn't him being a decoy but instead playing one series and then sitting the rest of

the game 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Robrain said:

 

 

I took this to mean he was not going to play. Why would he tweet something like that if he planned on suiting up? I could be wrong but it just seemed like a red flag to me combined with the Schefter "up in the air" tweet. I think the smart thing for him would be to not rush coming back. He's in a contract year and it makes no sense to risk his pay day in week 2 by coming back before he was fully healed. As a fantasy owner I actually prefer this approach.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JoeG03 said:

 

I took this to mean he was not going to play. Why would he tweet something like that if he planned on suiting up? I could be wrong but it just seemed like a red flag to me combined with the Schefter "up in the air" tweet. I think the smart thing for him would be to not rush coming back. He's in a contract year and it makes no sense to risk his pay day in week 2 by coming back before he was fully healed. As a fantasy owner I actually prefer this approach.

 

He probably said it because his social media accounts are getting blown up with nerds hassling him about playing. They probably think saying something like "Derp, Odell, gotta start man you're ruining my fantasy team. DERP" is super original and funny.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Got OBJ in the starting lineup but was able to drop that fat load Lacy right before the games started yesterday and grab Golladay, so I have options.  need 12 points for the win...gonna be a tough decision if he actually does play.  I'm afraid of that decoy concept, although I can't imagine running a guy out there if there are no plans to get him involved.  I dunno...dang.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, JoeG03 said:

 

I took this to mean he was not going to play. Why would he tweet something like that if he planned on suiting up? I could be wrong but it just seemed like a red flag to me combined with the Schefter "up in the air" tweet. I think the smart thing for him would be to not rush coming back. He's in a contract year and it makes no sense to risk his pay day in week 2 by coming back before he was fully healed. As a fantasy owner I actually prefer this approach.

 

He posted that on Saturday so it's possible his body feels different/better between now and then

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, '71 Bucks said:

 

He posted that on Saturday so it's possible his body feels different/better between now and then

Yea that is true...but it could also go the other way. He feels good today, suits up, then runs a few routes and realizes he can't cut and then the giants shut him down halfway through the first quarter. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Mr.STD said:

 

He probably said it because his social media accounts are getting blown up with nerds hassling him about playing. They probably think saying something like "Derp, Odell, gotta start man you're ruining my fantasy team. DERP" is super original and funny.

 

 

 

OOOOHHHHH, THE POOR WIDDLE BABY!!1!  "WAHHHWAHH MY TWITTER FEED IS GETTING BOMBARDED!!1!  WHY OH WHY DID I CHOOSE THIS LIFE OF A MULTI-MILLIONAIRE SUPERSTAR IN THE GREATEST MEDIA CENTER IN THE WORLD??!?  LEMME ALONE YOU NERDZ!!1!  I NEED A SAFE SPACE TO 'HEAL' "

Edited by pastorofmuppets2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...