NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Mike Gillislee 2017 Outlook

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's funny. I'm actually trying to move him for more proven value but if it came out he was the lead back or expected to get 15 carries then I'd cancel them all

hes a flex price with the upside of a top 15 rb. Just wish I knew it was a given. I think it's his job but crazier things happen in fantasy football every year. 

3 minutes ago, mar1kle said:

the synopsis of this backfield heading into week 1

??????

All 4 backs will be used. James white and dion Lewis in passing situations. Burkhead and gilly in traditional early down/GL rush situations.

likely 2 of the 4 end up every week mainstays. I'm thinking burk/white, but I think it will be one from each of the two groups i identified above.

it being BB, it isn't gonna be clear in the preseason lol. We have to see what happens.

4 minutes ago, fawkes_mulder said:

All 4 backs will be used. James white and dion Lewis in passing situations. Burkhead and gilly in traditional early down/GL rush situations.

likely 2 of the 4 end up every week mainstays. I'm thinking burk/white, but I think it will be one from each of the two groups i identified above.

it being BB, it isn't gonna be clear in the preseason lol. We have to see what happens.

Do you own Burke?

4 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

Do you own Burke?

I do actually. Probably not the thread to post in. I think he has the edge right now being healthy and having a good camp, and I liked his cheaper draft price.

Notwithstanding my ownership bias, my opinion about the rb usage remains the same. And yeah obv it could be gilly instead of burk. And obv the owners of Gilly ITT also have a similar bias.

my opinion wasn't intended as hostility

I just hope one of gilly/burke emerges as the early down 15+ carry a game guy. Right now my money would be on gilly between the two of them due to BB's subtle references that Burke is going to be used on special teams. That said, it wouldn't surprise me if it were a miserable rbbc where almost none of them could be counted on on a week to week basis to start the year

Anyone think that Belichick wanted Gillislee because of what he did to the Pats last year?

12/85/1 (3/9 receiving)

6/30/0 (1/13 receiving)

Not bad numbers, and if you look at Gilly on paper he looks pretty impressive. He was obviously never going to take over for McCoy, but was a very serviceable backup. I don't see the competition from Burkhead everyone is alluding to.

8 minutes ago, cousinal111 said:

I am...between him and Jacquizz. 

I am playing both of them. I think Gillislee is guaranteed a goal-line touch and a minimum of 8 carries. If he can make that 8/30/1, it would make the flex position salvageable. That's what happens when you draft Mixon and pray for the best.

1 hour ago, oliminator123 said:

I am playing both of them. I think Gillislee is guaranteed a goal-line touch and a minimum of 8 carries. If he can make that 8/30/1, it would make the flex position salvageable. That's what happens when you draft Mixon and pray for the best.

16 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

I may just start Gillislee as a flex. He will be a dud or solid. Oh well, it's week 1.

Just an FYI, don't put Thursday night players in the Flex spot, it limits your flexibility if someone else gets injured before Sunday 

Im a Bills fan and he is going to feast this year in NE, I got him in the ninth round of one league which is insane value, this guy will be legit and I'm not worried about Burkhead biting into his volume. 

Edited by daethfromabove1979

7 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Just an FYI, don't put Thursday night players in the Flex spot, it limits your flexibility if someone else gets injured before Sunday 

Im a Bills fan and he is going to feast this year in NE, I got him in the ninth round of one league which is insane value, this guy will be legit and I'm not worried about Burkhead biting into his volume. 

Good call, and with the news of Hurricane Irma threatening the MIA-TB game Friday, Gillislee slid into my RB2 slot (Jacquizz). Now I'm hoping for 14/80/2 :P

I got him in the 8th last night in a 12 team ppr league. I actually autodrafted him because I ran out of time. I wasn't happy when it happened but now I think it could have been a good pick. Guess time will tell. My guess is he will have big weeks but guessing which week the others keep him from having one, will be impossible to predict.

35 minutes ago, TrueToTheBlue said:

If you have the luxury of doing so (i.e. a quizz on your bench) I think he's a wait and see week 1. Wouldn't shock me if he was a healthy inactive and wouldn't shock me if he got 20 carries

Yup and after getting 20 carries for 90 yards and a TD in week 1, he gets 4 carries in week 2. Bellicheat is not a coach you can rely on when it comes to RB depth charts especially with this group of backs. All solid with various skill sets.