Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Dwayne Allen 2017 Outlook


Recommended Posts

Traded to the world champion New England Patriots today along with a 6th round pick for a 4th round pick.

 

He's currently under contract for $5 million in cash in 2017, $5M in 2018 and $7.4M in 2019.

 

Has missed 23 games over the past four seasons with injuries. Is 27 years old.

 

Bill Belichick spoke highly of TE Dwayne Allen prior to '14 game vs. Colts. "I think he's one of the best blocking tight ends we'll see."

 

2016 stats
Dwayne Allen: 35 catches, 406 yards, 6 TDs

 

Figures to be a starter in 2-TE sets with Gronk and a decent red zone option for Brady.

 

Discuss.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, mrblonde1984 said:

Traded to the world champion New England Patriots today along with a 6th round pick for a 4th round pick.

 

He's currently under contract for $5 million in cash in 2017, $5M in 2018 and $7.4M in 2019.

 

Has missed 23 games over the past four seasons with injuries. Is 27 years old.

 

Bill Belichick spoke highly of TE Dwayne Allen prior to '14 game vs. Colts. "I think he's one of the best blocking tight ends we'll see."

 

2016 stats
Dwayne Allen: 35 catches, 406 yards, 6 TDs

 

Figures to be a starter in 2-TE sets with Gronk and a decent red zone option for Brady.

 

Discuss.

 

 

 

 

Loving this as a Jack Doyle owner in a dynasty league...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Does this say more towards their trust in gronks health? They clearly want a decent commodity under him. Along with all their connected interest in alot of the draftable TEs.

With the patriots history of personnel management, and them proving to win without gronk, feel like this could be more writing on the wall. Potential gronk movement in 2018?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, vikingapocalypse said:

Does this say more towards their trust in gronks health? They clearly want a decent commodity under him. Along with all their connected interest in alot of the draftable TEs.

With the patriots history of personnel management, and them proving to win without gronk, feel like this could be more writing on the wall. Potential gronk movement in 2018?

 

I think, for right now, it says more to them not wanting to pay Bennett. I do think Gronk's time in NE could be coming to an end soon though. He's set to count $11M against the cap in 2018 and $12M in 2019.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, mrblonde1984 said:

 

I think, for right now, it says more to them not wanting to pay Bennett. I do think Gronk's time in NE could be coming to an end soon though. He's set to count $11M against the cap in 2018 and $12M in 2019.

 

I think it says that and that they want to use Dwayne mainly as a blocking TE. This is definitely a bump to their run game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Went for Brandin Cooks.

Got Dwayne Allen.

 

He's still one of the league's worst starting TEs assuming they keep the 2TE packages. 

I've seen Brady and Belichick save many guys but I have trouble believing in Dwayne Allen even if he played for the best team ever,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, CL3VELANDBR0WNS said:

Went for Brandin Cooks.

Got Dwayne Allen.

 

He's still one of the league's worst starting TEs assuming they keep the 2TE packages. 

I've seen Brady and Belichick save many guys but I have trouble believing in Dwayne Allen even if he played for the best team ever,

 

They'll do what they always do.  Maximize what the player is good at (in this case block and red zone work) and not ask him to do anything else.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, vikingapocalypse said:

Does this say more towards their trust in gronks health? They clearly want a decent commodity under him. Along with all their connected interest in alot of the draftable TEs.

With the patriots history of personnel management, and them proving to win without gronk, feel like this could be more writing on the wall. Potential gronk movement in 2018?

 

Dwayne Allen is not a guy teams would pursue as a health hedge for their other TE. Not out of the question that Gronk plays more games than Allen in 2017.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, CL3VELANDBR0WNS said:

You haven't met Dwayne allen. He's that bad.

 

He's an excellent blocker and red zone option.  He's not an awful football player.   Fantasy player yes.  Reality football player,  no.   Just limited. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, mrblonde1984 said:

 

You really love Matt Kelley, don't you? It's ok to agree with him but man, I'm starting to think you might be him.

 

Matt Kelley -- the same guy that insisted on calling Michael Thomas "bad Michael Thomas" for months this time a year ago even after NO drafted him and then had to sheepishly admit he knew NOTHING when that same player became a WR1 as a rookie? No thanks. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, joshua18 said:

 

Matt Kelley -- the same guy that insisted on calling Michael Thomas "bad Michael Thomas" for months this time a year ago even after NO drafted him and then had to sheepishly admit he knew NOTHING when that same player became a WR1 as a rookie? No thanks. 

 

He actually loved the fit in NO since May but believe what you want. I like the whole playerprofiler and rotoviz teams.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/8/2017 at 6:21 PM, CL3VELANDBR0WNS said:

Went for Brandin Cooks.

Got Dwayne Allen.

 

He's still one of the league's worst starting TEs assuming they keep the 2TE packages. 

I've seen Brady and Belichick save many guys but I have trouble believing in Dwayne Allen even if he played for the best team ever,

update

 

Got Brandin Cooks & Dwayne Allen

 

how does it feel?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, CL3VELANDBR0WNS said:

He actually loved the fit in NO since May but believe what you want. I like the whole playerprofiler and rotoviz teams.

 

Who wouldn't love the fit in NO? That's obvious. Laughable that he was hating on Thomas for so long in favor of Treadwell, etc. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 months later...

Allen is a sleeper and I'm awake, now. I slept on him.

Great value at his ADP not to mention, he has Brady. Gronk will still get love, though but I think Allen will too. 

 

 

Source: The Boston Globe - Ben Volin

New England Patriots TE Dwayne Allen has been the recipient of 'a ton of targets in the red zone' during training camp, according to the Boston Globe's Ben Volin.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/9/2017 at 9:07 AM, TX Babe Ruth said:

Source: The Boston Globe - Ben Volin

New England Patriots TE Dwayne Allen has been the recipient of 'a ton of targets in the red zone' during training camp, according to the Boston Globe's Ben Volin.

 

That's because he's new on the team and Brady is trying to work out the timing and chemistry with him.

 

I don't see him being a fantasy asset until Gronk gets hurt.  In the meantime, he'll get very few yards and 5 unpredictable TDs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...