NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jameis Winston 2017 Outlook

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Tampa Bay Times' Greg Auman reports Jameis Winston "did everything but throw" during Wednesday's practice.

He is expected to throw later in the week and appears on track to play considering the Bucs did not add a quarterback on Wednesday. "Draw your own conclusions," coach Dirk Koetter said after practice. Winston has said he plans to play.

"QB9 on a point per game basis before he got hurt" is the last thing I want to hear entering Week 7 of the season.  He had too much hype to tolerate excuses like these.

I agree that he looks tentative and inaccurate.

No choice but to keep riding him most likely.  Let's hope he gets healthy and improves his play and starts delivering some big weeks and can average something like QB5-7 on the way out.

Brady, Cam, Watson, Dak, Brees, Wentz, Cousins should all most certainly finish ahead of him going out.  Winston needs to play well to stay in a tier with Stafford, Wilson, Palmer, and Goff.  Just not the expectations I had entering the year.

48 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

"QB9 on a point per game basis before he got hurt" is the last thing I want to hear entering Week 7 of the season.  He had too much hype to tolerate excuses like these.

I agree that he looks tentative and inaccurate.

No choice but to keep riding him most likely.  Let's hope he gets healthy and improves his play and starts delivering some big weeks and can average something like QB5-7 on the way out.

Brady, Cam, Watson, Dak, Brees, Wentz, Cousins should all most certainly finish ahead of him going out.  Winston needs to play well to stay in a tier with Stafford, Wilson, Palmer, and Goff.  Just not the expectations I had entering the year.

I just traded for him this week once Eli lost his best weapons and came into this thread all excited to read about my new QB. It was like opening the door and walking into a crapstorm, LOL. Er well...my QBs were so bad before him, that I'm still looking forward to having Jameis QB my team down the stretch. There's nothing like rotating Eli and Siemian to get the blood boiling every week. Personally, my team is strong enough everywhere else, that I'd be good with Winston being a QB9. But like you, it would be nice to see him fulfill the hype that surrounded him leading up to the season. The weapons are there for him...all over the place in Tampa. 

3 hours ago, CanaBuc said:

The worse his defense plays the more garbage time yards and touchdown throws.

This is bad week but going forward gotta play him 

maybe his defense plays "worse" because they're on the field too often, due to this stooge not being able to sustain drives/committing turnovers/etc

?

23 minutes ago, Most Guruist said:

Full practice and coach says he is starting.

Still not starting him. I'm going to wait a week, partly because of a good Buffalo defense and partly because I want to see a healthy week out of him before sticking him in my lineup. 

Was so excited about rolljng the one two punch of him and evans this season, but man he just hasnt seemed healthy or something, seems wildly inaccurate and up and down.. want to see him have a good outing and a clean bill of health before i roll him back out there

If I don't hear something encouraging about him I'll be starting Goff. It's a better matchup. Besides - Fitz looked better than Winston and Tampa's offense looked better as a whole with Fitz in there.

Still holding Winston but his career is starting to go sideways - he'd be well-advised to ball the hell out Sunday. He has looked bad for quite some time now - seriously questioning holding in a Dynasty.

18 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

If I don't hear something encouraging about him I'll be starting Goff. It's a better matchup. Besides - Fitz looked better than Winston and Tampa's offense looked better as a whole with Fitz in there.

Still holding Winston but his career is starting to go sideways - he'd be well-advised to ball the hell out Sunday. He has looked bad for quite some time now - seriously questioning holding in a Dynasty.

Sadly agree 100%, jameis' inaccuracies intermediate and deep are killing the upside of the offense

Man, I have Watson, Jameis and now I was forced to pick up smoking J for today.  Good luck for anyone starting Winston.  I have the Winston/Evans connection and it's been disappointing to say the least.  I just can't chance a flop for today.

Did anyone watch this game?  I wasn't able to so, while the stats look good, how did Winston actually look in this game?  I benched him in favor of Dalton as I wasn't confident in Winston considering his injury and limited practice last week.

I didn't watch the game but I deeply regret sitting him in two leagues (one for Mariota was considered a "no brainer" prior to the game and one for Hundley, ugh). Glad to see him do well though as it gives me confidence to just stick with him ROS. OJ Howard is an exceptional talent and using him will only help Winston going forward.

8 minutes ago, Kilo said:

Did anyone watch this game?  I wasn't able to so, while the stats look good, how did Winston actually look in this game?  I benched him in favor of Dalton as I wasn't confident in Winston considering his injury and limited practice last week.

He looked good.  Amazed he threw 44 passes with a sprained shoulder. 72.7 comp% to 9 different players is pretty impressive.

Tampa Bay defense looks like bad too.  He may have to sling it alot for the rest of the season and I'm not sure there's a better receiving core in the NFL.

37 minutes ago, ESquared said:

I didn't watch the game but I deeply regret sitting him in two leagues (one for Mariota was considered a "no brainer" prior to the game and one for Hundley, ugh). Glad to see him do well though as it gives me confidence to just stick with him ROS. OJ Howard is an exceptional talent and using him will only help Winston going forward.

That was a weird decision to make. 

6 minutes ago, burninglegs said:

That was a weird decision to make. 

No really. Winston had strikes against him leading into his matchup - namely he was banged up and there were questions about how well he'd finish the game - and Hundley, as crappy as he did versus Minnesota, had positives. 3rd season with team. McCarthy talking him up. He has weapons. He can run. Blah Blah Blah. He was being talked up by a good number of sites as a good stream. In fact, the Expert Consensus Rankings had them back to back at #16 and #17 Sunday morning with Hundley actually ahead. So I bought into it. This was a competitive league where guys like Goff, Taylor, Dalton weren't available. My mistake wasn't so much going Hundley over Winston from a hindsight standpoint but going Hundley over McCown. I guess I was chasing the upside of an unknown versus the less exciting McCown. In the end, unless Ertz magically gets 40 points, this decision won't cost me a win.

I don’t own any Winston shares but this is exactly what makes fantasy football so frustrating - he hasn’t looked great recently and he hurts his shoulder, then he has a great game vs a pretty solid defense in Buffalo, who really could have expected a good week from him? Meanwhile guys like Cam and Mariota have juicy matchups and don’t put up any poInts. 

7 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

I don’t own any Winston shares but this is exactly what makes fantasy football so frustrating - he hasn’t looked great recently and he hurts his shoulder, then he has a great game vs a pretty solid defense in Buffalo, who really could have expected a good week from him? Meanwhile guys like Cam and Mariota have juicy matchups and don’t put up any poInts. 

I benched Jameis for Mariota and started the Bills DST. 

Man was I frustrated...