NBC Sports Edge Forums

Andrew Luck 2017 Outlook

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beyond annoyed with the Colts.  Because of this turd and the belief that he was going to play by week 6 (?.  Can't remember now), I passed on Deshaun Watson.  What a season changing mistake.

At this point, I wouldn't even be confident that he'll be healthy by next season.

Isn't that the rumor that the injury was due to him falling while snowboarding?  If true, that's idiotic.  Don't professional athletes have in their contract that they need to avoid "extreme" sports such as skiing, skydiving, etc.?  I guess he has his guaranteed money, but if he's not healthy and released at some point in the coming year or so, that's a huge multimillion dollar mistake.  I hope that black diamond run was worth it.

5 hours ago, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

Why would Luck retire? Keep collecting that elite QB money to rehab and chill

Rumors during the offseason were that this season was in jeopardy and that his career was possibly in jeopardy as well.  Rumors of season being as risk proved true. Who knows about his career since the Colts aren't being honest with his injury at all.

Well, Well, Well.....

Luck will be shut down for 2-3 months before he's reevaluated. The Colts don't think he'll need surgery, but it hasn't been ruled out. Luck played through his labrum tear for two years, so he's dealing with significant damage. It's a concern for his career outlook, as Luck hasn't thrown since 2016 and will be entering his age-29 season

posted this just for you Creep

you can thank me later

I blame Luck a bit for throwing his body around like a human torpedo.  Luck did not want to slide, run out of bounds, throw the ball away, etc.

But mostly I blame the Colts for disguising the extent and seriousness of the injury.  The PUP list move was a cynical ploy to deceive their fan base.  And then the Colts gave themselves plausible deniability by having Luck return to practice for a few days, but suffer an "unexpected" "setback."  Oh well!  No you can't have your season ticket money back, goobers.

9 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I blame Luck a bit for throwing his body around like a human torpedo.  Luck did not want to slide, run out of bounds, throw the ball away, etc.

But mostly I blame the Colts for disguising the extent and seriousness of the injury.  The PUP list move was a cynical ploy to deceive their fan base.  And then the Colts gave themselves plausible deniability by having Luck return to practice for a few days, but suffer an "unexpected" "setback."  Oh well!  No you can't have your season ticket money back, goobers.

Shark I must say, you captured that most eloquently 

1 hour ago, Flyers_28 said:

any reputable people reporting this ?

i looked at that one guys twitter and he is talking about peoples mothers and is a nobody 

Tony Donohue is very reputable. He is from 1070 The Fan in Indianapolis. 

Just now, Flyers_28 said:

im just sayin he is the only one saying this would it not be pretty big news if that was the case ?

Maybe. I also think that maybe some of the reporters closer to the team have been told not to talk or write about this at the risk they potentially get blackballed by the team for publicly reporting on it? Who knows.

10 hours ago, PointGawd0 said:

I think Luck has played his last down as a Colt and just wont play unless traded

i.e. Barry, Megatron

I'm of the same opinion that Luck has threw his last pass for Indy

there does appears to be some bad blood between Luck and Management

• 1 month later...