NBC Sports Edge Forums

Martavis Bryant 2017 Outlook

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, murraygd13 said:

Tempted to play him tomorrow night...see how the early games go..if I need a HR to win will put him in over Lockett.  Lockett a safe play due to getting some return yard points.

If your league counts return points, Lockett your man. Unstoppable last week. And while this week could be Bryant’s breakout, he could also end up with 3 receptions for 20 yards, and AB getting 2 or 3 TDs and 100+ yards.

10 hours ago, cohenstantinople said:

If your league counts return points, Lockett your man. Unstoppable last week. And while this week could be Bryant’s breakout, he could also end up with 3 receptions for 20 yards, and AB getting 2 or 3 TDs and 100+ yards.

This is the 2017 season in a nutshell. You could apply this to just about every player. He could blow up or hit rock bottom. 

I grabbed M Bryant after JJ went down this week but I just don't know what to do. 

They could/should try to get him going in an easy win so he's confident for the playoffs. Or they go up big and run the clock down. Or Tomlin hates him and keeps him humbled in a limited role. 

So frustrating 

Can't complain about the line, really. Hit pay dirt if you were flexing him in standard. And Ben was looking for him. Bryant missed on a second TD opportunity, and I think 3 of his 6 targets were red zone looks. 

Depends on JuJu's health....

Ben Roethlisberger praised Bryant after the game for the route he ran on his touchdown.

"What a great route. He had the look and we practiced that route. Once he got outside he was even. When he's even, he's leaving. So I put it out there and let him run under it."

The injury that kept JuJu Smith-Schuster out this past week is apparently going to be more than a one week deal. Martavis Bryant stepped in and looked just fine as the WR2 in Pittsburgh. He’s got all the tools to have a big impact on your team down the stretch…

Hamstrings are no joke.  JuJu will probably be out for another couple of weeks, minimum.  I am very glad Bryant shut his social media, stayed humble, and got back in the good graces of the Steelers CS.  Now, will the TD receptions start arriving in multi-packs?

2 minutes ago, sott3 said:

Now it sounds like JuJu is questionable for next Monday night. Tough call to make, as Bryant's value takes a big hit with JuJu. But you may not know until after kickoffs on Sunday. 

Only Tuesday, still way too early to tell. Sucks it's a Monday night game. Hopefully we'll know before then.

2 minutes ago, sott3 said:

Now it sounds like JuJu is questionable for next Monday night. Tough call to make, as Bryant's value takes a big hit with JuJu. But you may not know until after kickoffs on Sunday. 

I agree but we won't have to make up our minds before we get to see the practice reports all week.  From what I have read, JuJu is unlikely to practice until late in the week, at best.

Picked up Bryant off WW right after the news on JuJu last week. Without the GL fade throw (which really should've been punched in by Bell) Bryant would've had a below average game. Now we have Away Ben vs Cinci. Don't like my chances with Bryant this week. If you have any other borderline WR2 to start, I would play them over Martavis this week.

If you have both JuJu and Bryant, you may be able to hold until Monday. But I don't think either option will play out well.

Edited by TheLegacy
19 hours ago, TheLegacy said:

Picked up Bryant off WW right after the news on JuJu last week. Without the GL fade throw (which really should've been punched in by Bell) Bryant would've had a below average game. Now we have Away Ben vs Cinci. Don't like my chances with Bryant this week. If you have any other borderline WR2 to start, I would play them over Martavis this week.

If you have both JuJu and Bryant, you may be able to hold until Monday. But I don't think either option will play out well.

If you want to play the what if game, Bryant could have converted the pass over the middle for a touchdown on the first drive of the game. He also could have had a TD on that same drive with the end around play if he cut sooner or if the wideout held his block.

19 hours ago, TheLegacy said:

GL fade eh from 17 yards out 

punched in by bell from 17 yards out lol if they were at the 5 or less i could see you expecting that but from 17 yards out