Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Martavis Bryant 2017 Outlook


Winky
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

 

His new nickname is:  "Cover me if....YOU CAN'T".

He apologizes to everyone including us FF owners.  

"From the bottom of my heart I'm sorry. what happened. I learned my lesson.  I just hope you guys can forgive me.  When I get back I'm going to show you how much I changed and how much the team means to me."

If you want to bring the Thunder this year, you better draft me.  

 

his eyes are glazed like a donut, I'm out.

 

no but really, this offense is going to feast in 17' if this guy keeps his head on.  I have a feeling his ADP is going to be all over the place across my 9 leagues.  The FF owners that love this guy will be jumping up early. . He's either going to help win championships or he may completely bust em.  I think as we inch closer to late Aug this guy will be pricey. His talent is very high and the offense is perfect for his skill set.  He will be the third option after AB/Bell, but we have seen flashes of players behind those two that can produce, if they can catch the ball or stay on the field long enough.  There is big time risk/reward to be had here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OT, no matter what happens with Bryant and especially if the Steelers draft another wideout, Sammie Coates should seriously consider a switch to running back at this point or a Cordarrell Patterson offensive weapon type of position. His shaky hands don't seem to be curable which isn't conducive to being a full-time NFL wide receiver. I made this point a couple of seasons ago about Greg Little too, who actually played RB in college before he converted to WR.

 

I actually have Sammie rostered in a dynasty league as bench stash, but he just has never looked like a "natural" pass catcher and hasn't shown much outside of that early season outburst which was a little fluky. The guy is freak athlete, dangerous runner and good locker room guy so maybe the Steelers can find a place for him.

 

This has been a public service announcement on behalf of the Save Sammie Foundation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, BlakeP42 said:

his eyes are glazed like a donut, I'm out.

 

no but really, this offense is going to feast in 17' if this guy keeps his head on.  I have a feeling his ADP is going to be all over the place across my 9 leagues.  The FF owners that love this guy will be jumping up early. . He's either going to help win championships or he may completely bust em.  I think as we inch closer to late Aug this guy will be pricey. His talent is very high and the offense is perfect for his skill set.  He will be the third option after AB/Bell, but we have seen flashes of players behind those two that can produce, if they can catch the ball or stay on the field long enough.  There is big time risk/reward to be had here.

lol I thought the exact same thing when I saw the pic. Hopefully the guy has got it worked out. He's got so much potential. More than AB ever had.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, pikerbkb said:

OT, no matter what happens with Bryant and especially if the Steelers draft another wideout, Sammie Coates should seriously consider a switch to running back at this point or a Cordarrell Patterson offensive weapon type of position. His shaky hands don't seem to be curable which isn't conducive to being a full-time NFL wide receiver. I made this point a couple of seasons ago about Greg Little too, who actually played RB in college before he converted to WR.

 

I actually have Sammie rostered in a dynasty league as bench stash, but he just has never looked like a "natural" pass catcher and hasn't shown much outside of that early season outburst which was a little fluky. The guy is freak athlete, dangerous runner and good locker room guy so maybe the Steelers can find a place for him.

 

This has been a public service announcement on behalf of the Save Sammie Foundation.

"Following the reinstatement of Martavis Bryant, ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reports Sammie Coates is "on notice" and competing for a job with Justin Hunter."

 

Comments like this should light a fire under Coates. His stone hands have continued to follow him throughout his career so I'm not sure what is in store for him moving forward.  If Justin Hunter is coming for your job thats not good.  That guy stinks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Watching that vid above actually does inspire some confidence imo. First time i've seen an interview from Bryant and he's really sharp and seems very humble and self aware.  Right or wrong, little things like that do help his chances.

Edited by mikeflavaz
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/25/2017 at 8:18 PM, Impreza178 said:

 

Exactly.   The guy is so fast that if he catches it- TD most likely.    You aren't gonna get that chain moving, consistent target threat.   Poor hands,  mediocre route tree.  

But he's such an enigma I'd have to seriously consider him in 4th.  

 

He's 6'4" with a 39" vertical.  The dude is a tree.

He was clocked at a 4.27 40 this week.  Combine was around 4.4

Sometimes he gets lazy and forgets to play.  A little maturity and lack of pot should improve the space between his ears.

His bust rate through 21 games is about 40%:  AJ Green-ish.  I'd love to get Martavis in the 4th round.  He's always been on my roster.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, BlakeP42 said:

"Following the reinstatement of Martavis Bryant, ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reports Sammie Coates is "on notice" and competing for a job with Justin Hunter."

 

Comments like this should light a fire under Coates. His stone hands have continued to follow him throughout his career so I'm not sure what is in store for him moving forward.  If Justin Hunter is coming for your job thats not good.  That guy stinks

 

 

Coates' stone hands were actually broken last year.  That's why he missed most of the season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, jmausen said:

 

 

Coates' stone hands were actually broken last year.  That's why he missed most of the season.

then he must have broken them in college as well....

 

he 

 

Edited by BlakeP42
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BlakeP42 said:

then he must have broken them in college as well....

 

Fewer drops when he's not on the field.  :-)

 

You're right, if he had better hands, he would have been drafted much higher.  He's got tons of ability.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, jmausen said:

 

Fewer drops when he's not on the field.  :-)

 

You're right, if he had better hands, he would have been drafted much higher.  He's got tons of ability.

He has a lot of raw talent i agree but IMO he's more of a one trick pony, straight line deep ball kind of player.  He's one of those guys that will flash in the pan one play and make you scratch your head the next.  Sounds like the Steelers have him on notice as well for his job with the Justin Hunter signing.  Them Steelers they love them tall guys out wide lol.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, BlakeP42 said:

He has a lot of raw talent i agree but IMO he's more of a one trick pony, straight line deep ball kind of player.  He's one of those guys that will flash in the pan one play and make you scratch your head the next.  Sounds like the Steelers have him on notice as well for his job with the Justin Hunter signing.  Them Steelers they love them tall guys out wide lol.  

 

They have 3 Ted Ginns.  Hunter is a flop.  Heyward-Bey just needs to go.  Coates might be worth a late round stash, but his drops mean Heyward-Bey and Hunter get snaps.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i really hope this guy gets it together and is back on track to being the steelers WR2 i know hes going to go under the radar in most drafts and im willing to take a gamble on him if he happens to land around the 5th-6th round pick. Of course you have AB and Bell but when playing vs strong defensive teams hes the 3rd option you can count on for some points. Hate how so many players decide to stick to smoking weed while their futures are in the line. Crossing my fingers on this guy and how he continues to progress in the offseason and how he does during pre season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, dave.zavala89 said:

i really hope this guy gets it together and is back on track to being the steelers WR2 i know hes going to go under the radar in most drafts and im willing to take a gamble on him if he happens to land around the 5th-6th round pick. Of course you have AB and Bell but when playing vs strong defensive teams hes the 3rd option you can count on for some points. Hate how so many players decide to stick to smoking weed while their futures are in the line. Crossing my fingers on this guy and how he continues to progress in the offseason and how he does during pre season.

With his potential upside getting him in the 5th will probably be pushing it.  6th most likely no bueno bro.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, theSPANKER said:

With his potential upside getting him in the 5th will probably be pushing it.  6th most likely no bueno bro.  

 

His ADP will be 3rd or 4th round in August.  Maybe even late 2nd.  He's 5.12 after JUST getting reinstated.

He spent all last year getting into the best shape of his life.  He put on, what, 20 pounds of muscle AND improved his 40 time to under 4.3 seconds.  

He wants it!

You don't do that sitting around getting high all day.  He'll be a stud.

 

Josh Gordon put on 20 pounds during his 10 game suspension.  He was fat, slow, and high.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, pikerbkb said:

Shots fired. If this doesn't wake Sammie tfu nothing will 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2706511.amp.html

 

Lol. I take back my comment of Bryant being humble and smart in that interview. He looks mighty ignorant here. He should worry more about staying in the league I would think. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, mikeflavaz said:

 

Lol. I take back my comment of Bryant being humble and smart in that interview. He looks mighty ignorant here. He should worry more about staying in the league I would think. 

Same here. I have a weakness for comeback stories, but that was just a dik move by Bryant. On the other hand maybe this will get Sammie's attention. I've noticed he's on twitter way too much. If I were Sammie I would be obsessed with doing everything I could to out do Martavis Chronic. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, pikerbkb said:

Same here. I have a weakness for comeback stories, but that was just a dik move by Bryant. On the other hand maybe this will get Sammie's attention. I've noticed he's on twitter way too much. If I were Sammie I would be obsessed with doing everything I could to out do Martavis Chronic. 

 

Sammy cant just make his hands start catching.

 

He has stone hands

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, FavreCo said:

Bryant just speaking the truth. Stone hands Coates is no match for Bryant.

 

No he's not. Bryant is far superior.  But the truth is, I bet Smith is more than likely insurance against Bryant screwing himself and the team again. Problem is, Bryant appears to either be too stupid or too ignorant to recognize that.  Maybe that's all a bit harsh.  I am a big believer in Bryants' skills.  I just hope this isn't a sign of him getting too comfortable.  I mean, we all expect him to get serious, play it straight and reach his potential.  Many of us expected the same from Gordon.  Look where that got us. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...