NBC Sports Edge Forums

Martavis Bryant 2017 Outlook

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, CletisVanDamme said:

EXACT same boat right now.  Was hoping any blurb, tweet, smoke signal, anything would push me in one direction or the other but..nothing

And me too.

Went with Martavis. Looks like it was the right choice...

Thought about flexing ASJ instead.  That would've been the correct decision.

14 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

Seemed like PIT called a pretty conservative game - basically just rode Bell most of the game. I didn't see anything that encouraged me as a Bryant owner, but I'm not dropping him. 

Yeah, I’m with you. He might wind up costing me this week, but I also see game flow and being underutilized is killing him.

He was really close to breaking a long one, but got unlucky with a shoestring tackle.

Holding, and better days ahead.

I will drop him and won't be even mad if he blows up next game or two. Because these 3/25 games are just too frustrating to swallow. In 10 or even 12 team leagues, or in any PPR league, there are so much more consistent options on the waiver that have better floor and not too shabby ceiling. Bye Bye Martavis I kiss you bye bye!!

23 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

Seemed like PIT called a pretty conservative game - basically just rode Bell most of the game. I didn't see anything that encouraged me as a Bryant owner, but I'm not dropping him. 

I'm not dropping him, but I am worried. He's uninvolved frustrated with his role, and it shows.  Most troubling aspect (other than point production) was when AB scored. He and Juju went to celebrate with AB, who did some sort of dance and passed it to Juju, who did some sort of dance then passed it to Martavis, who didn't react.  Don't like the chemistry implications of that...

Of course, Martavis could've noticed that Ben threw into double coverage to force it to AB and they were extremely lucky it wasn't picked.  That would certainly frustrate me in Martavis spot.

Edited by SadFaceHappy
1 hour ago, SadFaceHappy said:

I'm not dropping him, but I am worried. He's uninvolved frustrated with his role, and it shows.  Most troubling aspect (other than point production) was when AB scored. He and Juju went to celebrate with AB, who did some sort of dance and passed it to Juju, who did some sort of dance then passed it to Martavis, who didn't react.  Don't like the chemistry implications of that...

Of course, Martavis could've noticed that Ben threw into double coverage to force it to AB and they were extremely lucky it wasn't picked.  That would certainly frustrate me in Martavis spot.

I noticed that too. It seemed to be a manifestation of his frustration over his lack of usage. He was probably really, really excited to get back to football after a lengthy layoff and didn't imagine it'd be going quite like this.