NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Martavis Bryant 2017 Outlook

Winky

36 minutes ago, CharlieWhitehurst said:

Defense has been playing the best it has in years, they have the best offensive weaponry in years. They're top of their division and were a game away from the SB last year.  They need a new QB, that's about it. I wouldn't call them a sinking ship. 

LOL Thats a pretty big need

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, CharlieWhitehurst said:

To call them a sinking ship because of it though is a bit of a stretch...

It's an exaggeration, but I think it is fair to question how the team will be in the next few years for the reasons stated (e.g., Big Ben possibly retiring, Bell possibly signing elsewhere, etc.).

12 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

It's an exaggeration, but I think it is fair to question how the team will be in the next few years for the reasons stated (e.g., Big Ben possibly retiring, Bell possibly signing elsewhere, etc.).

They're becoming a way younger team, especially on defense. I'm hoping Garrop or someone of his talent comes to Pittsburgh (steelers fan). Bryant leaving just gives more room for Juju to grow, and I think he's amazing, and his age makes it even better for the future.

I'm not as worried. 

If Bell signed elsewhere, that would be a bigger worry for me.

13 minutes ago, CharlieWhitehurst said:

They're becoming a way younger team, especially on defense. I'm hoping Garrop or someone of his talent comes to Pittsburgh (steelers fan). Bryant leaving just gives more room for Juju to grow, and I think he's amazing, and his age makes it even better for the future.

I'm not as worried. 

If Bell signed elsewhere, that would be a bigger worry for me.

The defense does look really promising - they completely shut down the KC machine yesterday.

A divorce does seem to be best for both the Steelers and Bryant, but as others have said, I'm not sure the Steelers have any real incentive to move him during the season and make another team stronger unless a non-contender makes them a compelling offer.

Maybe the Giants will be jazzed that they won in Denver yesterday and make a run at him; having OBJ and Bryant on the outside and Sterling in the slot would be pretty sweet.

Edited by Vendetta

My God PLEASE trade him!!!

Giants are perfect.  Sorely lacking WR and his "character flaws" when put next to OBJ make him look like a choir boy.  After a big road win against DEN they may feel like they actually have a chance to salvage this season; enter a trade for a physical freak WR.  Eli will love slinging it up to this guy right as he's about to be sacked.

As a Lion fan a trade to DET makes me tight in the pants, but I kind of doubt it, unless Tate is out for an extended period.

Pats will jump at the chance to acquire his talent of PIT agrees to move him on the cheap, but I doubt that.

1 hour ago, Nah85 said:

All this trade talk makes me want to hold him until after the trade deadline, dang it.  I was ready for drop city.

Got to hold IMO, just to see what happens.  If he lands in the right spot he could be so much more productive than anyone on the wire right now.

Martavis Bryant has denied requesting a trade.

This is part and parcel for these sorts of stories. It's irrelevant, anyways, since a trade is extremely unlikely. Bryant is right to be upset with his early usage, and needs to be a bigger part of the offense going forward. The Steelers need his explosive play-making ability, especially in the red zone. Bryant is a squeaky wheel who could get some grease in Week 7.

Big fan of Martavis as a player, but c'mon: This bum gets way too much credit! He has that Josh Gordonesque aura about him that makes him immune to critics. But let's face it: 6 games is a solid enough sample size to call him a fantasy bust. He has 2 or 3 catches per game in 5 out of 6. He has less than 30 yards in 4 out of 6, and 5 out of 6 below 50 yards. No 100 yard game yet. Just 1 big play all season that was his lone TD in 6 games. Either you drop or wait until he has a decent game per default and flip his name value for some underrated "not so sexy" player. In any PPR format, even in a 16 team league,  you can get something better from the waiver, and in 12 team standard leagues most definitely too. Open your eyes!