NBC Sports Edge Forums

Martavis Bryant 2017 Outlook

2 hours ago, Lord_Varys said:

Eh, who knows.  I don't think one lock down corner is going to stop Ben from throwing to Brown.  

This could help in that Cincy might give safety help to cover Brown a lot of the game, opening up Bryant.

Or it could hurt if Cincy just plays their base defense cuz that means Brown is open more often.

I don't watch enough Cincy game tape to say.

The way this season has been going, Big Ben will throw the pill to Antonio Brown in triple or quadruple coverage while totally ignoring a wide open Martavis Bryant.  Those who have watched the last few Steelers games will know what I am on about.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bengals new offense matches up well versus Pittsburgh's young defense. The Steelers are aggressive pass rushers, but the Bengals OC Lazor has designed his offense to get the ball out fast.  Don't have the stats on hand, but Dalton's snap-to-pass clock is now one of the quickest in the league. This neutralizes a good pass rush. 

Not only do they neutralize what Pittsburgh does well, their strengths play well against the defense's weaknesses. Pittsburgh is weak up the gut against the run, and on the back end against the pass with their poor defensive backs. AJ Green should be able to create explosive plays, and Joe Mixon should be able to rip off chunk runs when he isn't getting tackled in the back field to sustain drives and maintain a decent YPC. 

All of this should bode well for Martavis Bryant. The Steelers are going to need to score more than 21 points if they want to win.  The Vegas over under is 41.  I do like the over. This past week has reminded the team what a sleeping giant they have in Bryant, who has always fared well versus Cincinnati. They need him to be a factor if they want to win.  This is finally the week where game script and season story line come together for The Alien. 

5 catches for 110 yards and a touchdown. Steelers win 27-20.

Edited by Lord_Varys

Who cares when he requested a trade. He's an obvious bench this week unless desperate and see what happens.

I'm personally flexing my starting RB's cuff/caddy in a good matchup rather than deal with this situation this week.

41 minutes ago, Ffguy0087 said:

Did he? You sure about that?

Ummmm yes. There was rumblings about a trade before week 6 game. My point , it doesnt matter because the trade rumor wasnt true. What is true, Bell and AB absorb to much volume for anyone else to be relevant. Plus Ben just doesnt have it anymore to hit him downfield and now Juju has become 3rd option. I think his a talented freak on the field, but hes just not startable. 

Leaving him at my WR2 spot for this week. No other options because of byes and injuries on my bench (Hopkins, Tate, Parker) and nothing really sexy in FA. I feel like I'd be less disappointed putting Bryant in only to get 3 points versus someone safer off the wire who could be good for 10-15 to get me 3 points. 

Sense, I have a feeling that makes none. 

2 minutes ago, Sean Tambo said:

Ummmm yes. There was rumblings about a trade before week 6 game. My point , it doesnt matter because the trade rumor wasnt true. What is true, Bell and AB absorb to much volume for anyone else to be relevant. Plus Ben just doesnt have it anymore to hit him downfield and now Juju has become 3rd option. I think his a talented freak on the field, but hes just not startable. 

Your point is that it doesn't matter because the trade rumor wasn't true but you just said "He asked for a trade before week 6". What am I missing?

5 minutes ago, Ffguy0087 said:

Your point is that it doesn't matter because the trade rumor wasn't true but you just said "He asked for a trade before week 6". What am I missing?

Your right I did . I'll revise it . I read there was trade rumors before Week 6.  

Trade rumor is likely true. They made him put a lid on it quickly so they could get some extra value out of him. Probably threatened to trade him to Cleveland! He will probably see at least 8-10 targets this week and next. Then be dealt. I dont care what anyone says about the Steelers not dealing a guy with his talent and team friendly price tag. They dont use him anyways, so what are they really losing? 

2 hours ago, Lord_Varys said:

The Bengals new offense matches up well versus Pittsburgh's young defense. The Steelers are aggressive pass rushers, but the Bengals OC Lazor has designed his offense to get the ball out fast.  Don't have the stats on hand, but Dalton's snap-to-pass clock is now one of the quickest in the league. This neutralizes a good pass rush. 

Not only do they neutralize what Pittsburgh does well, their strengths play well against the defense's weaknesses. Pittsburgh is weak up the gut against the run, and on the back end against the pass with their poor defensive backs. AJ Green should be able to create explosive plays, and Joe Mixon should be able to rip off chunk runs when he isn't getting tackled in the back field to sustain drives and maintain a decent YPC. 

All of this should bode well for Martavis Bryant. The Steelers are going to need to score more than 21 points if they want to win.  The Vegas over under is 41.  I do like the over. This past week has reminded the team what a sleeping giant they have in Bryant, who has always fared well versus Cincinnati. They need him to be a factor if they want to win.  This is finally the week where game script and season story line come together for The Alien. 

just when i thought i could bench him now i feel compelled to fire him up...i think youre on the money

im throwing him out there with Pryor.  My other options are Djax or Doctson.  Im already loaded on Kirk, Thompson, and Pryor. I was gonna play Doctson but changed my mind! I know the #'s and his production say dont start him. Also, my options are horrid. 

But look at what GB WR's did against Cincy in GB! 15 catches, 234 yards, 2 TD.  Its really the only offense they have faced(Bal, Hou, Cle, and Buf).  And yes JuJu, is getting some run but its not substantial more than MB. And if you go back to the Chicago game when Eli Rogers had that fumble and hasnt really played much since...well thats when MB's decline also occurred!  Seems like the trust went right to AB and LB

And I 100% agree most people have better options and should play them!  Idk, maybe Im just holding out hope or maybe Im seeing something no one else is

1 hour ago, boom o bust said:

im throwing him out there with Pryor.  My other options are Djax or Doctson.  Im already loaded on Kirk, Thompson, and Pryor. I was gonna play Doctson but changed my mind! I know the #'s and his production say dont start him. Also, my options are horrid. 

But look at what GB WR's did against Cincy in GB! 15 catches, 234 yards, 2 TD.  Its really the only offense they have faced(Bal, Hou, Cle, and Buf).  And yes JuJu, is getting some run but its not substantial more than MB. And if you go back to the Chicago game when Eli Rogers had that fumble and hasnt really played much since...well thats when MB's decline also occurred!  Seems like the trust went right to AB and LB

And I 100% agree most people have better options and should play them!  Idk, maybe Im just holding out hope or maybe Im seeing something no one else is

You and me both. Lets do this!

Honestly though. I like both Pryor/Bryant this week. Expectations are so low, they are bound to exceed them.

On 10/20/2017 at 4:03 PM, Lord_Varys said:

I don't see really see any connection between what you wrote and why Martavis Bryant should have a good game. The Steelers have proven that they can win games without involving Bryant at all. The Bengals aren't a team that's going to force them to use a completely different game plan than they've been using.