NBC Sports Edge Forums

Martavis Bryant 2017 Outlook

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, SadFaceHappy said:

AB and LeVeon have gotten 70% of Pittsburgh's (either, don't remember) targets or yards this season.

Certainly not sustainable...

Seems like a lot but then again I'd need to know what it has been the past few years to properly gauge how far its off. I wouldn't be surprised by over 50%. Both have been surprisingly consistent and dominant for their positions as evident by them both being in the highest echelon of fantasy football players despite neither's value being heavily tied to TDs (obviously they both still score a fair amount). It's nearly impossible for a defense to shut both of them down at the same time so one or the other always has an exploitable mismatch. I think things get more extreme with the aging of Big Ben since without him able to make the plays he used to he depends on the talents of the guys around him more and Brown and Bell are head and shoulders better than the other options he has so he understandably goes to them early and often and why shouldn't he if they are usually successful. Handing the ball off to Bell or throwing an underneath pass to him is easy, low risk and usually pretty effective. Without the accuracy or power he used to have throwing to Brown who probably gets better separation than the other receivers most plays providing bigger throwing windows and can catch the seemingly uncatchable makes a lot more sense for Big Ben to do especially when he needs a big play made. 

Edited by Jaw1
11 hours ago, Onion said:

You and me both. Lets do this!

Honestly though. I like both Pryor/Bryant this week. Expectations are so low, they are bound to exceed them.

thats usually when the production happens. but expectations have been pretty low the past few weeks for both with no production.  GL

Some of you would be surprised to know I’ve reacquired Bryant in the two leagues I’m in over the past week. I love the fact that he reportedly is unhappy with his role and asked for a trade. Latest reports indeed suggest a squeaky wheel situation and I’m starting Bryant in two leagues. Over Hilton in one of them. I can see this game turning into a shootout with Bryant having a Cooper-esque breakout. 

6 hours ago, Jaw1 said:

Seems like a lot but then again I'd need to know what it has been the past few years to properly gauge how far its off. I wouldn't be surprised by over 50%. Both have been surprisingly consistent and dominant for their positions as evident by them both being in the highest echelon of fantasy football players despite neither's value being heavily tied to TDs (obviously they both still score a fair amount). It's nearly impossible for a defense to shut both of them down at the same time so one or the other always has an exploitable mismatch. I think things get more extreme with the aging of Big Ben since without him able to make the plays he used to he depends on the talents of the guys around him more and Brown and Bell are head and shoulders better than the other options he has so he understandably goes to them early and often and why shouldn't he if they are usually successful. Handing the ball off to Bell or throwing an underneath pass to him is easy, low risk and usually pretty effective. Without the accuracy or power he used to have throwing to Brown who probably gets better separation than the other receivers most plays providing bigger throwing windows and can catch the seemingly uncatchable makes a lot more sense for Big Ben to do especially when he needs a big play made. 

All well and good except for all the times AB is doubled.

PIT should've lost last week and Ben's line should be 6/9 tds to ints instead of 7/8, but KC has a corner with hooks for hands

6 minutes ago, DekuTree said:

I'm going to have to do this, aren't I? I really don't want to, I still don't have high hopes, but I think he's going to have to go in the lineup...

giphy.gif

If your opponent had TNF players that blew up against you, I'd play MB for his ceiling/blowup potential. If you have a comfortable lead coming out of TNF, I would probably go someone with a more consistent play. 

Hey guys remember how I said I was rolling with R. Matthews over him? Well, I am back on board. I haven't been a part of a team in a while so if he blows up I want it to be with y'all but if he tanks, I also want it to be with y'all <3 

Impending regrets all around