NBC Sports Edge Forums

Martavis Bryant 2017 Outlook

1 minute ago, HamMach1 said:

Hey guys remember how I said I was rolling with R. Matthews over him? Well, I am back on board. I haven't been a part of a team in a while so if he blows up I want it to be with y'all but if he tanks, I also want it to be with y'all <3 

Impending regrets all around

I've been practicing my quiet sobbing this morning in preparation. 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/18/2017 at 4:58 PM, KareemX said:

Just speculating, but with Aaron Rodgers hurt and the Vikings entire offense injured (Bradford, Diggs, Cook), the Bears are still in the division race at 2-4. I'd assume it will take a 3rd round pick to get Bryant from Pittsburgh. But if the Bears can somehow upset Carolina this week and reach 3-4, its not out of the question. Trubisky has no weapons at all. Acquiring Bryant would show they are committed to both Trubisky and winning. Now they'll probably also request some sort of character provisions too, like a team assistant who follows him around all the time since his next drug test fail equals a year long suspension. Regardless, if he can have one of those signature 4/130/1 games this weekend, all the speculation can and will stop.

Well the Bears pulled off a win with Trubisky completing only FOUR passes today. They won last week with Trubisky completing eight passes. They cannot and will not continue that trend. Obviously Bryant is not part of the Steelers' plans this season. Pittsburgh needs to take a 4th round pick and get it over with. There's no way Bryant can be started for fantasy teams as long as he plays for the Steelers.

Edited by KareemX

I was so done with him until that tweet about him getting a lot more snaps this game. Proves these fantasy writers know as much or less than us. I may win this week in spite of this guy but I’m getting him as far away from my team as possible so maybe I have a fighting chance this year

Yup.  It's over.  You might hold him just for the trade aspect.  I don't know what happened.  The guy got clean, sober and finally committed himself to football and proceeded to have by far the worst year of his career.  I was sold on him before the drafts, couldn't have been more wrong on this one.  

Hopefully he lands elsewhere because he has the talent to do some things.  

There's still a guy in my league that's starting both him and Pryor each and every week. It's great.

How is this guy not on the waivers yet? Terrible. 

Keep starting him at your own peril. He is a great talent, but Pittsburgh is officially done with him.

Edited by PlayTheWaivers

Hated having to use him as a desperation flex in my standard league today, but him being terrible didn't destroy me (wouldn't have helped, that is).

However, the thing making it bearable for me is that after dropping him in my PPR league, the guy in first place picked him up and started both him and Antonio today and might lose because of it. 

Thank you Martavis, for being tantalizingly talented and complete s*** at the same time.

Now get the f*** off my team. 

Just now, Trip McNeely said:

not really

I saw the play. 

He was wide open from the start. Ben shot-putted the ball to him - he caught it at a flat-footed stop. The tackler hit him in stride and quickly brought him down.

If you dispute that - I'm blind and that's all there is to it.

I don't know whether to believe any of the BS talk coming out of Pittsburgh or not, but after this game and reading this. I think MB might be a drop for me this week. I'd rather have a guy like marquise lee or robby anderson.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/steelers-died-laughing-at-martavis-bryant-trade-rumors-big-ben-says-wr-wants-to-stay/

Edited by grimsfield
Just now, SuperJoint said:

I saw the play. 

He was wide open from the start. Ben shot-putted the ball to him - he caught it at a flat-footed stop. The tackler hit him in stride and quickly brought him down.

If you dispute that - I'm blind and that's all there is to it.

Thought it was a typical lazy route by him with out much of an effort in trying to break a tackle close to the goal.

8 hours ago, Mr.E said:

We should rename this thread to 'YOLO 2017 outlook'

Bryant locked and loaded in my lineup, take us to the promised land Martavis....

...or to a fiery glorious death

Fiery death it is