NBC Sports Edge Forums

Martavis Bryant 2017 Outlook

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last-minute tweets about him being more involved - didn't even consider that BS. He should have been benched this week as I tried to convey earlier.

As for now - def considering dropping him. But if there's nothing out there I'll just continue to bench.

12 minutes ago, The 7th Beatles said:

Bryant's involvement

tenor.gif?itemid=4780633

Just now, The 7th Beatles said:

Bryant owners

2CB009B1CBA974533754B9578993A1275881182D

Some of your gifs are cool and all, but do you have anything useful to add to the player's discussion besides just posting gifs? 

Just more speculation: the Bills acquired 2nd and 3rd round picks in the Watkins and Matthews trades, so they have two seconds and two thirds in 2018...I think. They sit at 4-2 on top of the AFC East and like the Bears, have no offensive weapons on the outside. Give up one of those 3rd rounders, bring Martavis in, and dethrone the Patriots. We can all hope.

4 minutes ago, burninglegs said:

Some of your gifs are cool and all, but do you have anything useful to add to the player's discussion besides just posting gifs? 

There’s no discussion needed. He’s an irrelevant player. Pretend it’s a Younghoe Koo or original Greg Zeurlein or Matt Asiata or Jackie Battle or Josh Gordon thread.

Edited by MJJ28
Just now, KareemX said:

Just more speculation: the Bills acquired 2nd and 3rd round picks in the Watkins and Matthews trades, so they have two seconds and two thirds in 2018...I think. They sit at 4-2 on top of the AFC East and like the Bears, have no offensive weapons on the outside. Give up one of those 3rd rounders, bring Martavis in, and dethrone the Patriots. We can all hope.

Tyrod did have a nice deep ball last season. Didn't watch him much this season, but I assume he still has that if he had a WR that could take advantage of that. Several teams could use a WR with MB's skill set. He is only 25 (turning 26) this season.

21 hours ago, HamMach1 said:

Bryant vs CIN:

2-25?

I feel like Brown will get more targets than Bryant will get yards.

Damn I gave him way too much credit.

What's the deal? Is he just not good? If he was on the field a lot today there was no way of telling. Their third string kicker had more of a factor in the game than he did. 

It's Brown and Bell's team. If Ben feels like he needs to have his cake and eat it too, he'll sprinkle some balls JuJu's way. 

It was fun thinking he'd be anything other than useless.... but I am off the train. 

10 minutes ago, KareemX said:

Would his stats count for us if he was traded to the CFL? I think that’s his most likely destination at this point. There’s plenty of tall, fast people who don’t amount to anything in the NFL.

Edited by MJJ28
15 minutes ago, Trip McNeely said:

Thought it was a typical lazy route by him with out much of an effort in trying to break a tackle close to the goal.

No. He was like the 2nd or 3rd read(safety valve) and Ben just dumped it to him at the 5 yard line and he tried to turn and break a tackle but the DB was on top of him as soon as he caught it. I’m not going to be a Bryant apologist since I’m completely over him this year but he didn’t do anything wrong on that play

4 minutes ago, burninglegs said:

Tyrod did have a nice deep ball last season. Didn't watch him much this season, but I assume he still has that if he had a WR that could take advantage of that. Several teams could use a WR with MB's skill set. He is only 25 (turning 26) this season.

Wishful thinking.

Not a snowball's chance in hell the Steelers trade him unless absolutely blown away by an offer. He's on the cheap, and under control through next season. He's basically a glorified decoy now it seems, sadly. They'll probably figure this out but I'm not counting on it anymore. AB seems to bitch when he doesn't get enough, has naked pics of Ben's wife. 

I'll hold him on all teams but ONLY because I'm lucky enough to have that luxury. Otherwise if I was in a different situation I'd trade or dump him. 

At this point, I would think that the Steelers would at least try to grab a nice draft pick for Bryant. I don’t see the point in barely using a player that could instead net you another good prospect in the draft.

As far as the rest of the season goes, like others, I’m just hoping that he gets traded to a team that will actually use his talents.

He’ll ride pine the rest of the way on my team, or I’ll drop him until that time comes. I have zero trust that Haley, Roethlisburger, or the organization will figure out getting him involved.

Looks like the AB, Bell, and Ju-Ju show the rest of the way, with a sprinkling of TE.

Sucks.

I can't drop him and I can't start him. I guess I'm stuck in the middle with you 

♭ ♭ ♫♪♪

3 minutes ago, cs3 said:

"might" be?

You have to acknowledge that prior to the las two weeks he was seeing a somewhat healthy number of targets.  Eli Rogers is back in the fold now though and it looks to have changed things for Bryant. At this point I don't think he's rosterable. You can try and hope for a trade, but if we are to believe anything coming from the team, that's unlikely.

I don't really trust any of the news out of Pitt though.

4 minutes ago, Cdub2k said:

I can't drop him and I can't start him. I guess I'm stuck in the middle with you 

♭ ♭ ♫♪♪

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAlZAAAAJDQ2OWJlMTJhLTIyNTUt

Why are people saying they can't drop him? Are you in bondage? Absolutely ridiculous 

:lol:

Cut this bum an don't look back. Been telling people for weeks now.  Your infatuation with the Fool's Gold of the 2017 Fantasy Football draft is keep you from rostering a player that can actually help you. 

47 minutes ago, burninglegs said:

Depends on team, league settings, what is available on WW. 

no it doesn't.

he was a drop at least a week ago in all leagues and formats.

after this week Yahoo is going to add him to the official "Cannot Add List"

2 minutes ago, cs3 said:

no it doesn't.

he was a drop at least a week ago in all leagues and formats.

after this week Yahoo is going to add him to the official "Cannot Add List"

Which WR are you dropping him for that is currently available in +70% of leagues?

6 minutes ago, Conscious Pilot said:

Why are people saying they can't drop him? Are you in bondage? Absolutely ridiculous 

:lol:

Cut this bum an don't look back. Been telling people for weeks now.  Your infatuation with the Fool's Gold of the 2017 Fantasy Football draft is keep you from rostering a player that can actually help you. 

Can't drop him in 14 and 16 team leagues, or even 12 team keeper leagues. There are only so many players with value, whether its actual production, name value, upside, etc. Better to trade him for another under-performing player (I got him for Crowder this week) or an injured player who could come back and help you later. You could drop him in an 8 or 10 team league, but its just not prudent to do so in larger leagues. He shouldn't be in starting lineups though, unless something dramatic happens this week.

Just now, KareemX said:

Can't drop him in 14 and 16 team leagues, or even 12 team keeper leagues. There are only so many players with value, whether its actual production, name value, upside, etc. Better to trade him for another under-performing player (I got him for Crowder this week) or an injured player who could come back and help you later. You could drop him in an 8 or 10 team league, but its just not prudent to do so in larger leagues. He shouldn't be in starting lineups though, unless something dramatic happens this week.

True. I can see the argument for 14 of 16 team leagues. However, in a 12 team league, there are other prospects available with more upside to be found. I'll take a handcuff over him.

Apparently he just posted a comment on an Instagram pic saying juju isn’t anywhere near as good as him. Not sure if the screen shot is legit but fantasy.footballexpert Instagram has it on his story if you guys wanted to check it out