NBC Sports Edge Forums

Martavis Bryant 2017 Outlook

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

I believe next week Martavis will bust out.....

of the league? his usage hasn't given any indications that he will have a big game anytime soon. this was supposed to be the week he was targeted more. this offense is Bell and Brown. Doesn't have room for a 3rd especially splitting work with JuJu

11 minutes ago, burninglegs said:

That isn't him. He is ThaBestUNO.

Its from Bryant's Instagram account. He deleted the posts and started backtracking a LITTLE. But this is going to be the story of the week in the NFL until the trade deadline.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/10/martavis-bryant-juju-no-near-better/

Lol. I think it's funny the games Pitt is playing. Obviously weren't happy someone leaked the trade new, so they probably leaked that this AM to troll a bit...like, ok, you want us to game plan for you, great.'we will give you a reverse on the first play of the game then never look your way again. 

16 minutes ago, mrschrod said:

of the league? his usage hasn't given any indications that he will have a big game anytime soon. this was supposed to be the week he was targeted more. this offense is Bell and Brown. Doesn't have room for a 3rd especially splitting work with JuJu

Basically this. I thought there was room for Martavis, and Ben would have a great year.  Clearly that isn't the case, he's worthless unless he gets traded.

What a tool. I have no idea why the Steelers even play him one down. They might as well trade him. They are 5-2 and he is bitching.

from a fantasy perspective, I don’t see how he has any value unless he gets traded. This just doesn’t seem salvageable in Pittsburgh. Maybe I’m wrong, but we will see.

I'm so confused by this whole thing.  If it's Pitt scheming against MB, then why play him at all?  Why have him in on what looked like most the important possessions?  Looked like he was in on most of the red zone plays.  Just bench him until further if you want to make a point as an organization.  But the flip side doesn't add up either..I don't think we can say he's slumped off in talent ..not to this degree...so what really gives here?

Edited by CletisVanDamme
1 hour ago, burninglegs said:

Which WR are you dropping him for that is currently available in +70% of leagues?

Close your eyes and throw a dart. Whoever you hit will be better than Bryant

4 minutes ago, burninglegs said:

Give some names of WRs that are available in +70% of leagues if he is such an easy drop.

Demarcus Robinson
Kenny Golladay
Corey Davis

Jordan Matthews
Robert Woods
Kenny Stills
Paul Richardson

13 minutes ago, CletisVanDamme said:

I'm so confused by this whole thing.  If it's Pitt scheming against MB, then why play him at all?  Why have him in on what looked like most the important possessions?  Looked like he was in on most of the red zone plays.  Just bench him until further if you want to make a point as an organization.  But the flip side doesn't add up either..I don't think we can say he's slumped off in talent ..not to this degree...so what really gives here?

Low volume passing offense where he is the fourth option at best in the passing game (Brown, Bell, JuJu, then we can consider Martavis). He's basically Russell Shepard of the Panthers or Terrance Williams or Tommylee Lewis. I'd be very happy if he snuck his way into one of my opponent's lineup. He's much worse than a replacement level stream option.

Edited by MJJ28
2 minutes ago, burninglegs said:

Give some names of WRs that are available in +70% of leagues if he is such an easy drop.

You'd literally be better off with a blank bench spot so you weren't tempted to ever start him. Realistically though, I'm just going to pick up Breida, luck, coleman, or another lotto ticket.

50 minutes ago, CrastersCreep said:

Same tool that said Shepard was playing today - he should have his credentials revoked - cost me multiple leagues 

So you believed some tard on twitter instead of the actual not-active list? sounds like you cost yourself multiple leagues