NBC Sports Edge Forums

Martavis Bryant 2017 Outlook

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, cs3 said:

So you believed some tard on twitter instead of the actual not-active list? sounds like you cost yourself multiple leagues

Ian Rappaport isn’t some tard on Twitter.

i was able to sub him out in time I just had extremely limited options since he was a 4:25 start and we didn’t find out until 3EST.

Wahhhhh

wahhhhhhh

juju isn’t better than me!!!!

1. He is

2. give me a break with the 5 year old tempter tantrum bs. He’s on the guys team for crying out loud. Who even says that about a teammate.  If this is his way of forcing himself out of pit it doesn’t give a team willing to trade for him the confidence that he’s in it for the team wins

selfish prick

Edited by NyMetsfan5
5 minutes ago, NyMetsfan5 said:

Wahhhhh

wahhhhhhh

juju isn’t better than me!!!!

1. He is

2. give me a break with the 5 year old tempter tantrum bs. He’s on the guys team for crying out loud. Who even says that about a teammate.  If this is his way of forcing himself out of pit it doesn’t give a team willing to trade for him the confidence that he’s in it for the team wins

selfish prick

Yeah I was defending this guy before but he seems pretty cancerous and what contending team would be foolish enough to introduce him to a locker room?

1 hour ago, MurderInc said:

I'll be dropping. We've had a big enough sample size to see Bryan'ts not involved in Pittsburgh's offense. If he goes off in the second half of the year then so be it, but I'm not wasting a roster spot on this bum any longer.

only hope is a trade, dunno how likely that scenario is -  but this kid is at rock bottom, wow :(

29 minutes ago, MurderInc said:

"I'll be dropping. We've had a big enough sample size to see Bryan'ts not involved in Pittsburgh's offense. If he goes off in the second half of the year then so be it, but I'm not wasting a roster spot on this bum any longer."

If WR is the position you need to address, who might you be looking at to replace him with? To be fair, I think he was under a different impression, if he made the change, got himself ready, he'd be part of what they're doing. But he's finding out he isn't. The best thing he can do is realize that 2017 is a wash & accept that he isn't part of their plan. He needs to go into Tomlin's office and tell him he'll do whatever it is they want. Primarily block & be a decoy? Screw it, shut up & be the best blocker & decoy you can! It's about team and I don't think he gets that. He cares about getting the ball, while the rest of it is meaningless. It's just nine more games, stop complaining and give them precisely what they want & then you're out of there! 

Will hold on my bench until the trade deadline.  If he's still on PIT he's an easy dump.  Seems petty that they are refusing to trade or even just release him at this point.  You're not using him and he's unhappy, why have him on the team?  At this point they are just sabotaging his career and he's lashing out like a child because of it.  No one looks good here.

9 hours ago, DekuTree said:

Demarcus Robinson
Kenny Golladay
Corey Davis

Jordan Matthews
Robert Woods
Kenny Stills
Paul Richardson

Thanks for taking the time to put that list together. For a team that is depending on Bryant as a WR2 and needs production now, I agree that some of those names will provide more immediate production if you need to throw someone into your lineup now. Not sure any of them offer the upside that MB offers (given that he is included in the offensive game plan and given targets). 

Corey Davis is probably the only one off that list that has the upside that MB offers and he was drafted + rostered in all my leagues since day 1. 

The Steelers are 5-2 and tied for 1 seed at the moment in the AFC and all this clown does is pout like an ignorant idiot about not getting his and then publicly hating on a rookie teammate who is making a name for himself on the field. 

Yes this is the last straw for me. I'll punch in my bid for Kenny Stills the first chance I get Tuesday

12 minutes ago, Cdub2k said:

The Steelers are 5-2 and tied for 1 seed at the moment in the AFC and all this clown does is pout like an ignorant idiot about not getting his and then publicly hating on a rookie teammate who is making a name for himself on the field. 

How's he an ignorant idiot when the Steelers are wasting his prime years by not utilizing him? These players play in the NFL to make money. This is his last season under his current contract. In order for him to get his big money day (could be his one and only big contract based on the life span of football players and how they are treated as a commodity by teams) he needs to show production this season. All the Steelers are doing is ******** around with him and his usage. 

You want to claim about a clown that is an ignorant idiot? What about all the clowning that AB does? He gets a pass? I don't blame MB for wanting out of Pittsburgh. They obviously don't want to use him or need his talents. Might as well trade him somewhere else. For a professional athlete that can blow out their knee on any play or take a career ending hit, I have zero blame for a guy wanting to make money. It is the Steelers and Big Ben that are the bunch of ignorant idiots in this situation.

Edited by burninglegs

My biggest concern at this point is that the Steelers have apparently found a winning formula: ride Bell, play D, hide Big Ben.  If they were 2-5 I would be more optimistic about Haley changing their approach and getting Bryant more involved.

I'm guessing a Pit coaching member leaked to Rappaport that Bryant would not be subbed out, have an increased role, etc and then the exact opposite happened it was to teach the kid a lesson and to see how he reacted. Obviously, he reacted poorly. I don't see why people think they won't trade him. Get rid of this cancer. They can probably get a late round pick for him and move forward with Juju. This is not the high powered offense of a few years ago. They are gonna win with Bell, Brown, and defense and will be happy doing so.

2 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

My biggest concern at this point is that the Steelers have apparently found a winning formula: ride Bell, play D, hide Big Ben.  If they were 2-5 I would be more optimistic about Haley changing their approach and getting Bryant more involved.

I think that is the big key. Huge turn around for their defense. Impressive really. In the past they were in more shootouts and needed Big Ben to throw to get them back into games. With a strong D + healthy Bell, it looks like this offense has been taken down a few notches on the octane level and playing more conservatively and keeping the ball out of Ben's hands and relying on Bell more. Don't blame them. Ben has been a turd so far this season. 

10 minutes ago, yanksman said:

I'm guessing a Pit coaching member leaked to Rappaport that Bryant would not be subbed out, have an increased role, etc and then the exact opposite happened it was to teach the kid a lesson and to see how he reacted. Obviously, he reacted poorly. I don't see why people think they won't trade him. Get rid of this cancer. They can probably get a late round pick for him and move forward with Juju. This is not the high powered offense of a few years ago. They are gonna win with Bell, Brown, and defense and will be happy doing so.

I know we are all speculating but this seems pretty reasonable to me. If I’m Pittsburgh, why have this disraction on your team? We are 7 games. It’s clear the Steelers have their formula worked out. And Bryant is an afterthought. So might as well get some draft picks for him and get rid of the distraction.

and it’s a fair question as to who would want him. But remember, we are talking the NFL here. Character issues aren’t viewed the same way as other places.

19 minutes ago, burninglegs said:

How's he an ignorant idiot when the Steelers are wasting his prime years by not utilizing him?

He's an idiot for posting this on instagram.  It's killing his trade value.

Also, his two targets yesterday did not look very good on him.  Whether it was designed that way or not, he looked slow on the slant in the red zone.  He appears to have lost track of the deep ball that was coming his way, and Ben looked frustrated with him.

I would be pissed off if I were him too.  But you can only control the things you can control.  Effort on the field and maturity via social media are inside that circle, and it's not looking good right now.