NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Martavis Bryant 2017 Outlook

Winky

2 hours ago, dashoe said:

Antonio is a primary playmaker and face of the franchise as well as being the top wr in the league. So like in any system or job u cut your stars or the guys on top of the food chain more slack than the rest. 

unless youre the patriots.  no way hoodie cuts more slack to brady, gronk, edelman, etc.  if anything, he holds them to a higher standard than everyone else....

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, The 7th Beatles said:

Its because of the change of weather. It was also on the cool side in Pittsburgh yesterday. Probably nothing major. Its not like he would call in sick because he is upset with the team. I mean who would do that.;)

11 minutes ago, Woonga24 said:

A league mate tricked me. We talked about a MB for Shuster trade....I told him to send the trade....I accepted it....turns out I'll be receiving Matt Bryant for Shuster

Don't worry, you got the M. Bryant who will score more points.

6 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Rofl. Good job holding on to this loser.

he is going full Titus young.

I'm actually glad he's pulling this crap. Its the only way he's gonna get off that team and back to relevance. This may prevent me from dropping him this week, probably not, but it might. 

Edited by grimsfield

Who (awlays) needs WRs? Who's making a push for the playoffs and might be interested in making a deal for a player to improve them this season on the cheap? Who has a strong enough locker room atmosphere that they're not worried about Bryant's perceived cancerous attitude and think they might be able to bring him around? Who won't be in competition for an AFC playoff spot with the Steelers?

The Seahawks, do, that's who. 

(They might not have the money, though)

8 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Rofl. Good job holding on to this loser.

he is going full Titus young.

To be fair, Titus had a myriad of undiagnosed/ignored concussions going back to both Boise St and high school that definitely had an adverse affect on him.  Martavis I cannot give the same excuse to.

Back on topic, is it possible he's missing team meetings to try and force their hand to release him? 

1 minute ago, JJ1223 said:

Back on topic, is it possible he's missing team meetings to try and force their hand to release him? 

It’s very possible, but doing it after back-to-back wins against tough AFC opponents is about the worst possible time to enact such an idiotic hissy fit 

2 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

To be fair, Titus had a myriad of undiagnosed/ignored concussions going back to both Boise St and high school that definitely had an adverse affect on him.  Martavis I cannot give the same excuse to.

Doubt they do that. If anything, they will suspend him.

I can't say I blame him, although the acting out is childish. They hung on to him during his suspensions only not to use him. It makes little sense. 

8 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

In the unemployment line with Josh Gordon, you mean

If you were a GM and for some reason wanted to trade for a multiple time drug offender...wouldn't a team take Gordon before Bryant?  He's only a year older, has proven a lot more in the NFL and he doesn't crap on his teammates when things don't go his way.