NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Martavis Bryant 2017 Outlook

Winky

1 minute ago, Iron-cock said:

If you were a GM and for some reason wanted to trade for a multiple time drug offender...wouldn't a team take Gordon before Bryant?  He's only a year older, has proven a lot more in the NFL and he doesn't crap on his teammates when things don't go his way.

no, because gordon is a true JAG.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

If you were a GM and for some reason wanted to trade for a multiple time drug offender...wouldn't a team take Gordon before Bryant?  He's only a year older, has proven a lot more in the NFL and he doesn't crap on his teammates when things don't go his way.

Yeah but Bryant is eligible to take the field. 

4 minutes ago, CharlieWhitehurst said:

Only a team that is a contender to win a superbowl and could use bryant short term will take him, aka dallas. 

As a Dallas fan, I'd absolutely love to see him traded there.  He'd be a huge upgrade over the Terrance Williams/B Butler combo.

i'm not sure what I'd offer though....Teams value these draft picks like they're gold.  I'd think he's worth a 3rd round pick.

The Steelers just don't seem interested in using him so I can't blame him at all for being upset. 

Edited by tts42572

Is it possible that Martavis failed another drug test and thats why he's taken a back seat in this offense. The NFL is not required to announce any suspension to the public until the appeals process takes place. The Steelers may just be planning for life AGAIN without MB.

Edited by Skins33

2 minutes ago, Skins33 said:

Is it possible that Martavis failed another drug test and thats why he's taken a back seat in this offense. The NFL is not required to announce any suspension to the public until the appeals process takes place. The Steelers may just be planning for life AGAIN without MB.

Entirely possible

6 minutes ago, Skins33 said:

If that were the case, why would he be publicly calling attention to the situation, asking for a trade, dissing JuJu, etc? If another suspension was imminent what would the point of all this?

5 minutes ago, The 7th Beatles said:

“I just wish he were here to answer his own questions,’’ said veteran guard Ramon Foster, the team’s union representative. “I’m over that.”

“No, he’s not here,’’ Foster said of Bryant. “I don’t know what happened. I think he called in sick today. I don’t know. I just wish he were here to answer his own questions. You can’t throw that stuff out there on social media land and expect no forest fires behind it.”

“He can’t leave us here to answer, is how I feel about it,’’ Foster said. “I feel like last week we kind of pushed it aside and then you double down on it? Not cool from a teammate perspective.”

23 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

Take them both and make them do Oklahoma drills for the job until only one of them is left standing.  Or a weed smoking contest.  Or both.  Could make for a great PPV?

Edited by JJ1223

There's precedent. AP hasn't done anything of significance on the field since 2015 and also like Bryant, has been suspended quite a bit recently. AP complained publicly and even dissed his coach on live TV. He was traded a week later completely out of the blue to the best situation he could have asked for. So there's that.

31 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

It’s very possible, but doing it after back-to-back wins against tough AFC opponents is about the worst possible time to enact such an idiotic hissy fit 

Good point. Do people realize that players that pout and pull such lame a** crap like this, especially one that served a year-long suspension, will go through waivers unclaimed most likely? Teams will talk to other teams. Players get blackballed. No team wants to put up with this nonsense and behavior.

At least Josh Gordon has been doing the right things and staying out of the spotlight and not saying cancerous things that affect the team. Different situation.

Even though they haven't thrown it to him much, having Bryant on the field forces opposing D coordinators to have to account for Bryant.  This opens things up for Bell, Brown, and JuJu-Bee.  As stated earlier, it's been a winning formula.  The Steelers will likely continue with it unless opponents adjust.