NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Martavis Bryant 2017 Outlook

Winky

1 minute ago, BLINDSIDERS said:

Why would the Steelers want to keep this guy? Throwing a teammates under the bus is only done by locker room cancers.  I know they don't want anyone else getting him, but should you really just freeze this guy out so he can whine on social media more? They have to shop this guy and see what they can get.

The ironic thing being that he would have actually had trade value if he hadn’t ran his mouth online

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, lolcopter said:

The ironic thing being that he would have actually had trade value if he hadn’t ran his mouth online

AP ran his mouth and he had trade value. Savy GMs are able to look past the noise and recognize talent and the player's ability to contribute on the field. The rest is just noise. 

5 minutes ago, burninglegs said:

AP ran his mouth and he had trade value. Savy GMs are able to look past the noise and recognize talent and the player's ability to contribute on the field. The rest is just noise. 

There's a small discrepancy in the talent levels of Martavis Bryant and Adrian Peterson though

3 minutes ago, omnom1337 said:

There's a small discrepancy in the talent levels of Martavis Bryant and Adrian Peterson though

AP is a 32 year old RB on the last days of his NFL life. Bryant is a 25 (to be 26) year old in the prime of his career. So we are saying that if you are good, then you can speak out on social media/media and complain about your lack of use. But if you are an up and coming player who is looking towards his next big contract, then you need to just be quiet? F that chit. These are pro players. The vast majority of them are divas, of course they will speak up when they are unhappy with how their team is using them.

It's not looking any better today for Martavis.

"A day after a one-catch performance in a blowout win over the Cincinnati Bengals, Pittsburgh Steelersreceiver Martavis Bryant did not show up to meetings.

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported that Bryant went to the doctor on Monday morning, according to the player's agent Tom Santanello.

One teammate told Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette that Bryant "called in sick."

"No, he's not here," guard Roman Foster said of Bryant. "I don't know what happened. I think he called in sick today. I don't know. I just wish he were here to answer his own questions. You can't throw that stuff out there on social media land and expect no forest fires behind it."

9 minutes ago, burninglegs said:

AP is a 32 year old RB on the last days of his NFL life. Bryant is a 25 (to be 26) year old in the prime of his career. So we are saying that if you are good, then you can speak out on social media/media and complain about your lack of use. But if you are an up and coming player who is looking towards his next big contract, then you need to just be quiet? F that chit. These are pro players. The vast majority of them are divas, of course they will speak up when they are unhappy with how their team is using them.

Wrong. His prime was 2014/2015

The only reason why I'm hanging on to MB is because the faint possibility he gets traded, hopefully to a good team like Dallas.  Come trade deadline, and he's not dealt, he's waiver wire bound.  I don't think he'll do anything on Pittsburgh, aside being a decoy and getting a couple of token passes thrown his way, imo.  His outburst on social media won't put him in good graces with the coaches and the players.  Real life, he'll still be a somewhat of a WR threat, but he's done as a viable fantasy player as long he's in Pittsburgh.

11 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

Wrong. His prime was 2014/2015

Now you are just being obnoxious like you usually do to make a scene. There is no way that you or anyone else can say that with how criminally underused he has been so far this season on the Steelers. Nothing indicates that from his play. His lack of usage =/= him no longer being able to play at an elite level. Even you should be able to distinguish between those two.

1 minute ago, burninglegs said:

Now you are just being obnoxious like you usually do to make a scene. There is no way that you or anyone else can say that with how criminally underused he has been so far this season on the Steelers. Nothing indicates that from his play. His lack of usage =/= him no longer being able to play at an elite level. Even you should be able to distinguish between those two.

I remember when Julius Thomas caught double digit TDs too. Oh wait, Bryant never did that

1 hour ago, dashoe said:

Yeah can u imagine martavis and odell on the same team healthy. . . 2 divas on 1 team is a bad mix

what are you talking about? he's already teamed up with #84. Browns been a bigger diva than anyone this season.

2 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

Maybe you're not getting playing time because you continually miss practice at the doctor's office.  What are you doing, dude?

This guy is the CMike of WRs.  So much god given talent but just doesn't have it mentally.

Seems like he's had mystery "illnesses" for the last month or so. I'm wondering whats really going on because with him suiting up every single sunday its hard to envision him really being sick. He's doing a great job of screwing up his contract year.

14 minutes ago, burninglegs said:

strawman-full.jpg

On 10/16/2017 at 12:33 PM, burninglegs said:

Wrong. Todd Haley and Big Ben are garbage because they don't know how to get the ball into the hands of one of their weapons and a top talent in the NFL. Not MB's fault he plays for an inept team that forgot how to use him. 

43 minutes ago, BayofPuigs said:

I’m holding for a trade as well, think the Rams would be a good place for him as a one year rental but there is others that make sense. 

Yeah, cuz that's working out so well for Sammy Watkins fantasy owners ...

Carolina/Dallas are the only locations that he would see any value remainder of year.  Buffalo would be a decent spot, but I think he'd be similar to this PIttsburgh role and entirely reliant on the home run to have any value.  The other two spots he could see additional volume.

7 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Why are WRs so damn unlikable? It seems like the majority of them are divas and/or attention whores.

Because just about every single WR1 gets targeted about 15 times per game. They are literally attention whores. To be really productive in this league you almost have to be.

With the stealers its screwing up their whole offense too, because ben is so focused on throwing to AB even when he's double and triple covered.