NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Martavis Bryant 2017 Outlook

Winky

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, lolcopter said:

Steelers have one of the most balanced offenses in the AFC, all without your darling bust of a fantasy player. Prove me wrong

Roethlesberger is easily having his worst season in the last 9 or 10 years right now. I don't need to prove you wrong. Its already completely evident you have no idea what you're talking about. You are good at saying things and completely overlooking context though. So I'll give you that.

25 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Why are WRs so damn unlikable? It seems like the majority of them are divas and/or attention whores.

When you never get beat up because you can outrun everyone who can kick your a** in middle/high school it makes you a major a-hole.  

If Odell got his a** kicked once in grade school I bet he'd be normal. 

10 hours ago, burninglegs said:

How's he an ignorant idiot when the Steelers are wasting his prime years by not utilizing him? These players play in the NFL to make money. This is his last season under his current contract. In order for him to get his big money day (could be his one and only big contract based on the life span of football players and how they are treated as a commodity by teams) he needs to show production this season. All the Steelers are doing is ******** around with him and his usage. 

You want to claim about a clown that is an ignorant idiot? What about all the clowning that AB does? He gets a pass? I don't blame MB for wanting out of Pittsburgh. They obviously don't want to use him or need his talents. Might as well trade him somewhere else. For a professional athlete that can blow out their knee on any play or take a career ending hit, I have zero blame for a guy wanting to make money. It is the Steelers and Big Ben that are the bunch of ignorant idiots in this situation.

Best post ever.

No dog in this hunt. but one thing you have to think about in this situation is that for a person in recovery, the NFL is not a supportive environment.

I imagine the Steelers have tried to get him some support, but knowing the business side of the NFL, I think he probably feels let down by some teammates.

Those of us on the outside of such a situation might think it's easy to act rationally in such a situation.

It's not.

2 hours ago, Lord_Varys said:

Maybe you're not getting playing time because you continually miss practice at the doctor's office.  What are you doing, dude?

This guy is the CMike of WRs.  So much god given talent but just doesn't have it mentally.

He's not getting playing time because he's lazy, isn't getting separation, can't run routes and can't block worth s--- on a team that wants to establish the run every game.  

34 minutes ago, grimsfield said:

ah you're right, I mistakenly thought he was. Contract year is next year.

You probably thought he was in a contract year because everyone on social media is saying how he's ungrateful, as if the Steelers paid his salary and stuck by him when he was on suspension.  The fact is, they had to do neither, Martavis was property to them that they had no risk in retaining rights to, only a gain if he turned it around and got that lost year added to the end of the contract.

Just like I was rooting for Josh Gordon, I'm rooting for Martavis.  Smoking weed is not a crime, and it shouldn't brand you as some negative stereotype the rest of your life.  I think guys like Deshone Kizer are more deplorable out drinking beers in the AM the day before a game.

4 hours ago, lolcopter said:

Let’s trade away a lifetime Cardinal on the cusp of his retirement, good plan

Obviously, everybody knows that Hall of Fame players routinely try to get on a good team to win a title near the end of their careers.    So the question is why you're saying all these dumb things that you don't believe.  Did burninglegs get under your skin on another thread?

7 minutes ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

Just like I was rooting for Josh Gordon, I'm rooting for Martavis.  Smoking weed is not a crime, and it shouldn't brand you as some negative stereotype the rest of your life.  I think guys like Deshone Kizer are more deplorable out drinking beers in the AM the day before a game.

I'm all for MB and I hope he gets put in a position of success but your argument is mind blowing?!?!

Dude, I'm not defending Kizer in the slightest but there is NO WAY that you can compare these situations. You are calling Kizer deplorable when each of the aforementioned names continued to smoke weed even after knowing the legal consequences to career, livelihood, etc. I'm not against weed, but what's more deplorable?

2 hours ago, lolcopter said:

mRHFs3E_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Thanks!  I can't think of a better way to show how dysfunctional the Steelers are right now.

- Hall of Fame QB

- Hall of Fame RB

- Hall of Fame WR1

- elite WR2

- good WR3, WR4

- excellent OL

- scoring only 2 ppg more than the Ravens

- the only guy on the hot seat is the guy who rang the alarm bell

:lol: :lol: :lol:  

Edited by Nap Time

21 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

“elite”

On 10/17/2017 at 7:26 PM, burninglegs said:

Sure he has been.

bf97olQ.gif

b2agxPu.gif

IC2ldoQ.gif

pbgBls8.gif

Maybe we are arguing semantics about "GL" and if we really mean GL. Steelers do have Bell, so I'd probably just run Bell for 4 downs straight as he is bound to get in. But if we extend GL out a little bit to everything within ~5 yards, (he has been used plenty in his first two seasons). If we extend it out to just red zone, there is even more use of him in his previous two seasons.

giphy.gif

URe1doe.gif

giphy.gif

ehKxpO7.gif

mart-0.gif?w=634&h=374

Bryant.gif

2014-11-0912_58_03.gif

^ Big Ben, bring this 'ish back to the offense. Please. Was so much more fun when this offense was playing back yard ball rather than snoozeball. 

45 minutes ago, Nap Time said:

Thanks!  I can't think of a better way to show how dysfunctional the Steelers are right now.

- Hall of Fame QB

- Hall of Fame RB

- Hall of Fame WR1

- elite WR2

- good WR3, WR4

- excellent OL

- scoring only 2 ppg more than the Ravens

- the only guy on the hot seat is the guy who rang the alarm bell

:lol: :lol: :lol:  

As long as you have a time machine to 2015.