NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Martavis Bryant 2017 Outlook

Winky

3 hours ago, Evincar said:

Come playoff time it will be an issue.

With the way Ben has been playing and the way this offense is running, there's no way they'll make it past the first week of playoffs... The best teams in this league know how to scheme to take away your top options, and considering the Steelers have proven that they have exactly 2 serviceable weapons on their offense this year, they're going to be one of the easiest teams to gameplan for.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, DekuTree said:

With the way Ben has been playing and the way this offense is running, there's no way they'll make it past the first week of playoffs... The best teams in this league know how to scheme to take away your top options, and considering the Steelers have proven that they have exactly 2 serviceable weapons on their offense this year, they're going to be one of the easiest teams to gameplan for.

Ben's been fine the last couple weeks and they have a very good defense. They are very much a superbowl contender at this point. Easy team to gameplan for.. tell that to the Chiefs. What a ridiculously bitter take

2 hours ago, DekuTree said:

This is laughable. The best teams can run the football. That's how you win playoff games. Ask the Dolphins and Chiefs how that went last year. Bell went for 29 for 167 and 30 for 170 in the WC and Divisional round last season

Edited by hubbell525

3 minutes ago, hubbell525 said:

This is laughable. The best teams can run the football. That's how you win playoff games. Ask the Dolphins and Chiefs how that went last year. Bell went for 29 for 167 and 30 for 170 in the WC and Divisional round last season

14 minutes ago, FSJSteel said:

Ben's been fine the last couple weeks and they have a very good defense. They are very much a superbowl contender at this point. Easy team to gameplan for.. tell that to the Chiefs. What a ridiculously bitter take

They beat the Dolphins, and they squeaked out their first divisional win in 6 years on nothing but field goals because they weren't able to score a single touchdown. Bell and Brown are superstars, and disagree all you like, but you're not going to get anywhere close to the Super Bowl with a rapidly declining quarterback and a cobbled together cast of backups behind 2 great players.

28 minutes ago, FSJSteel said:

The offense only scored 17 points vs the Chiefs, 7 off a fluky tipped ball to Brown. They are basically the Jags offense but with AB.

Just now, Evincar said:

The offense only scored 17 points vs the Chiefs, 7 off a fluky tipped ball to Brown. They are basically the Jags offense but with AB.

Whole season looks a lot different if that pass doesn't go right through the corner's hands and they lose to KC.

But, it is what it is.

Will be interesting to see how Bell holds up getting 40 touches a game, and if they can continue to win trading 1 TD for 1 pick amidst AB's 15 targets per.

So are we just holding and hoping he ends up elsewhere? Obviously in deeper leagues you’re not going to find anyone with nearly the upside he possesses so I’m not considering dropping him. I do think it’d looking more and more likely he’s played his last snap a Steeler and why on earth would a contending team risking introducing this guy to a locker room. 

At least with a guy like TO forcing trades he was an elite player and you knew you were getting a difference maker. While the Steelers offense is a mess I’m not sure a Deshon Kizer or Joe Flacco would be able to really make him fantasy relevant either. I also question his ability to grasp a playbook after reading his Instagram posts. 

3 minutes ago, CrastersCreep said:

So are we just holding and hoping he ends up elsewhere? Obviously in deeper leagues you’re not going to find anyone with nearly the upside he possesses so I’m not considering dropping him. I do think it’d looking more and more likely he’s played his last snap a Steeler and why on earth would a contending team risking introducing this guy to a locker room. 

At least with a guy like TO forcing trades he was an elite player and you knew you were getting a difference maker. While the Steelers offense is a mess I’m not sure a Deshon Kizer or Joe Flacco would be able to really make him fantasy relevant either. I also question his ability to grasp a playbook after reading his Instagram posts. 

Yea, you just bury him on the bench and hope he crawls out at some point. Wish it was clearer whether I'm talking about fantasy or real life...

It won't be Flacco or (insert Browns QB) if he gets traded.  More likely Trubisky, Wilson, or Dak

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports Martavis Bryant skipped mandatory team meetings on Monday.

This is escalating quickly. One of Bryant's teammates told beat writer Ed Bouchette the oft-suspended receiver "called in sick." Coming off a two-touch game, Bryant trashed JuJu Smith-Schuster, as well as the team, on Instagram. Bryant wants a trade, but unless the Steelers are desperate to get him out of the locker room, it's unclear what their motivation would be to deal him. Right now he provides proven play-making depth. Either way, a suspension could be coming.

Image result for hmmmmm gif

24 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports Martavis Bryant skipped mandatory team meetings on Monday.

This is escalating quickly. One of Bryant's teammates told beat writer Ed Bouchette the oft-suspended receiver "called in sick." Coming off a two-touch game, Bryant trashed JuJu Smith-Schuster, as well as the team, on Instagram. Bryant wants a trade, but unless the Steelers are desperate to get him out of the locker room, it's unclear what their motivation would be to deal him. Right now he provides proven play-making depth. Either way, a suspension could be coming.

Image result for hmmmmm gif

He is too stupid to understand what this makes him look like for possible future employers. Maybe he smoked away all his common sense last year. This dude is a complete bust physically and mentally. I just got home from work and I dumped him immediately. I can't even pick anybody up until tomorrow morning but I didn't want to see his name on my team anymore. I'd roll with the empty spot until tomorrow

Edited by Cdub2k

32 minutes ago, throwinsamoan said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lc5g4_MwE_k

@2:20 and 4:03 mark

Is it so hard to make a simple passes like this? WTF is going on with his usage??:angry:

There is no explaining it other than conspiracy theory type stuff like the Steelers as an organization are intentionally not using him to tank his value so they can resign him cheap after next year or use him as an example to any other player of theirs, current or future, to show them what'll happen if you break team rules that hurts the organization.

The guy has shown too much to argue that it's skills or inability or that a rookie has beaten him out for his spot who hasn't shown but a fraction of game-breaking ability that Martavis has.  I think JuJu is a solid WR from what little we've seen...but he's no Bryant in terms of size, speed and ability to take any touch to the house from any point on the field.  

Of course, we could all just be over-thinking this and MB10 could be a real dick in the locker room which wouldn't be hard to believe given that he comes from clemson & several of their players have a hard time with being good teammates at the next level (Spiller, Watkins, DAllen, etc etc) so it could just be that he isn't a very likable guy off the field. 

Who knows.....all I do know is the chances for Bryant salvaging even a mediocre season with the Steelers is next to zero at this point and it's a damn shame because there is no good reason for it.

1 hour ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Unless a homeowner is desperate to rid his home of termites, it’s unclear what their motivation would be to exterminate them.

I think the quotes from Ramon Foster yesterday say a lot about where he stands with the organization now... Last week he was talking about being unhappy with his role, and his team members rallied around him and got his back, saying that he was frustrated but he was a Steeler and they wanted him there. Then he pulls that crap on Sunday night, and doesn't even show up yesterday to explain himself, and now even his teammates have turned on him. It's one thing to have the owners and maybe even some of the coaches angry with you, but when the team turns on you, you're done. 

3 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Out of curiosity I went to his IG to see what was posted, but I may be missing something bc the last post is from Oct 11th.

anyone got a link or something so I can see what was posted to trash Juju and the rest of them? 

just go back a few pages in this thread, it's all there, including the ish from his gf 

18 minutes ago, KuNiT21 said:

Just traded Pryor for this guy.  I am just hoping at this point he gets traded to a team.

I just traded Pryor and M Bryant for S Shepard and Robby Anderson.

I'm happy to have finally rid myself of these two schmucks.

It's just frustrating....Pryor and Bryant are both talented guys that should be putting up numbers.

I'm tired of waiting though and at least hold out hope Shepard can come back healthy after the bye week and at least see some decent volume for the Giants.

7 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Out of curiosity I went to his IG to see what was posted, but I may be missing something bc the last post is from Oct 11th.

anyone got a link or something so I can see what was posted to trash Juju and the rest of them? 

It was a comment, not a post.  It's a couple pages back

1 minute ago, JJ1223 said:

It was a comment, not a post.  It's a couple pages back

Yeah I thought it was a post, good looks.

hes making himself look more and more like an assclown with stuff like this.

side note but - don't point that gun at him, he's an unpaid intern