Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Martavis Bryant 2017 Outlook


Winky
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote

"We believe in coach. We believe in what he represents and how he coaches us," Pryor said of Jay Gruden after the loss. "Whatever he says goes and I don't have any question -- you're not going to see me, you know, angry or whatever."

To his credit, Pryor wasn't playing any me-first cards on Monday.

"I was just told that Josh was starting and that he was going to be playing. Josh is my guy -- I'm a fan of all of the receivers we have and all of my teammates," he said. "I just want everybody to do well and whoever's going to help us win, I'm all for it."

 

 

Someone needs to send Martavis to the Terrelle Pryor school of diplomacy. ^_^

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I understand the emergence of JuJu relegating MB to the 3rd receiver position but I cant understand his lack of involvement. The Steelers must run 3 WR sets, sometimes they run 4 WR sets with Bell lining outside as a receiver.

 

With as much coverage that Brown receives its unbelievable how less Big Ben looks at an open guy streaking down the field.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Lord_Varys said:

 

@Br0kenB -- diehard Bills fan -- has pointed out several times that a trade to Buffalo is NOT happening.  They are all about "team first" mentality, the new HC has been stressing it, and they are winning as-is.  They are not going to bring this distraction into their locker room.

Thanks for the mention. I am 100% sure he won't come close to coming here. It's going to be Carolina, Dallas, or an outright release.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Bahubali said:

I understand the emergence of JuJu relegating MB to the 3rd receiver position but I cant understand his lack of involvement. The Steelers must run 3 WR sets, sometimes they run 4 WR sets with Bell lining outside as a receiver.

 

With as much coverage that Brown receives its unbelievable how less Big Ben looks at an open guy streaking down the field.

 

 

It's the routes they target him on that are ridiculous. 

Juju is ok but not exactly special.

MB has responded poorly but with justification. They misuse the hell out of him and Ben (tries) to throw games away forcing it to AB. Bell is getting 35-40 touches a game - fine to use him up this year because he will be gone next, but what if he goes down earlier? 

Haley/Tomlin are morons. Sure, they're 5-2 behind a great D and ground game, but they're extremely vulnerable. 70% of their offense comes from 2 players and they should be 4-3 but for a miracle drop.

Juju is a JAG. Martavis has run some solid routes and he blocks well. His attitude sucks, but no worse than the offensive decision making. Maybe Ben is shot, maybe they just hate Martavis. Either way, they'll regret having such a predictable offense and better pray they don't see the Jags again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I see a few people mentioning Chicago as a favorable landing spot.  Be careful with that.  Mitchell has a whopping 24 completed passes through 3 games, 4 in his most recent.  MB probably has a better chance as WR5 in PIT.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Big Ben article is definitely something to be hopeful about going forward. Tomlin has said no to any plans of trading, which for all we could just a smokescreen. I dont think JuJu is the perfect WR2 for the team as much as Bryant has been, and can be.

 

MB needs to get his head out of his * but this could be the week where the extremely greasy wheel gets attention. Brown is going to be draped by Slay giving Martavis the looks he wants/deserves.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, yahyahtrick said:

This is Yoooouuuuge!  Martavis is going to be a stud going forward after him and Big Ben have their love-fest conversation in the bathtub. 

Edited by gbill2004
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Bahubali said:

The Big Ben article is definitely something to be hopeful about going forward. Tomlin has said no to any plans of trading, which for all we could just a smokescreen. I dont think JuJu is the perfect WR2 for the team as much as Bryant has been, and can be.

 

MB needs to get his head out of his * but this could be the week where the extremely greasy wheel gets attention. Brown is going to be draped by Slay giving Martavis the looks he wants/deserves.

 

 

Keep hearing that this is the week he gets the wheels greased and it's now two weeks in a row that I've rolled him out (thanks Diggs) and gotten goose eggs from him. Interestingly enough I've lost both weeks so he's on my bench until he actually produces something. Hats off to anyone who rolls him out this week. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Edgeraid said:

 

 

Keep hearing that this is the week he gets the wheels greased and it's now two weeks in a row that I've rolled him out (thanks Diggs) and gotten goose eggs from him. Interestingly enough I've lost both weeks so he's on my bench until he actually produces something. Hats off to anyone who rolls him out this week. 

 

 

I'll be starting him WITH CONFIDENCE this week! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Edgeraid said:

 

 

Keep hearing that this is the week he gets the wheels greased and it's now two weeks in a row that I've rolled him out (thanks Diggs) and gotten goose eggs from him. Interestingly enough I've lost both weeks so he's on my bench until he actually produces something. Hats off to anyone who rolls him out this week. 

 

 

 

I dont blame you, but I have no other options. I traded Pryor for him so I gotta roll with him. My other WRs are Evans, who Im starting at WR1, Parker, Adams on a bye, Watkins.

 

Gotta just roll with him and hope for the best.

 

JuJu being on the concussion protocol may mean something also

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Speaking purely from a matchup perspective and ignoring the elephant in the room, DET is a great matchup for MB.  The only CB we have with the ability to hold him in check is Slay and you already know where he'll be.  Lawson and Diggs match up well with JuJu and Eli, but MB is too big, too strong, too fast for them.  I said the same thing about Funchess when Carolina came to town and his line was 7/53/1, although they are different types of receiver.

Edited by JJ1223
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, JJ1223 said:

Speaking purely from a matchup perspective and ignoring the elephant in the room, DET is a great matchup for MB.  The only CB we have with the ability to hold him in check is Slay and you already know where he'll be.  Lawson and Diggs match up well with JuJu and Eli, but MB is too big, too strong, too fast for them.  I said the same thing about Funchess when Carolina came to town and his line was 7/53/1.

Unfortunately, that probably just means Ben throws 3 ints...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SadFaceHappy said:

 

Juju is a JAG. Martavis has run some solid routes and he blocks well. His attitude sucks, but no worse than the offensive decision making. Maybe Ben is shot, maybe they just hate Martavis. Either way, they'll regret having such a predictable offense and better pray they don't see the Jags again.

 

 

That 'JAG' has outplayed Bryant all season. He runs better routes, plays harder after the catch and has a toughness to his game that Bryant doesn't. He reminds their coaches of Hines Ward, and they aren't morons for noticing this. That's the truth.

 

I like Bryant, and i'm not critical of his reaction because every single guy on an NFL roster wants to play as much as possible - its perfectly normal. But to imply that he 'deserves' to be playing ahead of a 'JAG' like Juju, who's clearly earned a place in that starting lineup, is frankly, quite ignorant of on-field reality.

Edited by predator_05
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Dark Kn19ht said:

Anyone think TEN is a good landing spot for him?

 

no. thats probably one of the worst spots for him.

 

run heavy offense that already has corey davis, rishard, delanie, decker and taywan sucking up targets. I don't know I can think of a worse team for him to go to.

Edited by grimsfield
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, gbill2004 said:

This is Yoooouuuuge!  Martavis is going to be a stud going forward after him and Big Ben have their love-fest conversation in the bathtub. 

 

This is what I'm talking about. Light some candles, crank up the Marvin Gaye, incoming winning streak for my fantasy team and deep playoff run

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Dark Kn19ht said:

Anyone think TEN is a good landing spot for him?

He will not be traded to an AFC contender.

8 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

 

That 'JAG' has outplayed Bryant all season. He runs better routes, plays harder after the catch and has a toughness to his game that Bryant doesn't. He reminds them of Hines Ward, and their coaches aren't morons for noticing this. That's the truth.

 

I like Bryant, and i'm not critical of his reaction because every single guy on an NFL roster wants to play as much as possible - its perfectly normal. But to imply that he 'deserves' to be playing ahead of a 'JAG' like Juju, who's clearly earned a place in that starting lineup, is frankly, quite ignorant of on-field reality.

He blows AB. That's it. He's 20, they like his attitude, and they think he's cute like a little brother. Comparing him to Hines Ward, at this point, is moronic and wishful thinking.  Maybe he'll turn out okay, but they try to "feature" him to the detriment of their on field performance. I'll add that his attitude is probably a good influence in the locker room, unlike MB's. Of course, the Steelers have treated MB with nothing but spite, though his reaction has been poor. They f'd themselves with him now though.

He's a suck up, that's all. But he is good for 3 catches and 40 yards a game and will get tds in games they're already dominating. Those games will be fewer and fewer as injuries and defensive adjustments pile up.

Edited by SadFaceHappy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...