NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Martavis Bryant 2017 Outlook

Winky

13 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Feel free to share yours. Martavis looks really good to me. 

Naturally i got overzealous with the best WR in the league but i dont think i am far off. Think about kirk cousin to martavis bryant next year in san francisco 

That would be awesome, like Kirk Cousins to Tyrelle Pryor. 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

This guy could be the best WR in the league. Check out his highlight videos. End arounds, deep bombs, slogo's, slants, 10ud outs, toe tap catches, i feel his frustration, he knows he is 1 of the best wrs in football and sat out a full gear, comes vack and pitt wont throw him the ball? Id be frustrated too if i were him.

Derrick Henry and Martavis Bryant lol. Are there any other gems you are high on so I know who to avoid? 

Steelers should trade the guy. Been suspended or complaining forever. Maybe a fresh start would do him good but frankly I don't think there's too many situations that he walks in and is good for the rest of fantasy season. Personally there's guys on the waivers that I would start before Bryant if he was moved next week. Only 6 weeks left...

10 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

Martavis Bryant would make for an extremely poor Patriot, imo.  Complicated playbook, crowded WR room, Brady loves quick little slot WR.  Maybe Belichick asked about Martavis before they successfully acquired Brandin Cooks...

1 hour ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

take this fwiw (big grain of salt), as i've never heard of this site before, but ... contrary to what we've been told on this board, the Bills are inquiring  about Bryant:   https://sportstalk360.com/buffalo-bills-expected-to-make-another-trade-before-deadline/

they could use him.  im sorta shocked they want a 3rd rd pick for him. im just ready for this to be over with.

1 hour ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

take this fwiw (big grain of salt), as i've never heard of this site before, but ... contrary to what we've been told on this board, the Bills are inquiring  about Bryant:   https://sportstalk360.com/buffalo-bills-expected-to-make-another-trade-before-deadline/

The Bills have the ammunition to get it done (seven picks in the first four rounds 2018). Now the question is do they have the ambition. We know for sure Beane is not shy about making trades.

The Steelers are certainly giving the impression that Bryant won’t be traded, but if they got the right offer they could simply say “we did what we thought was best for the team moving forward.” I get the concept of not letting players force a trade, but in this particular situation it seems like trading Bryant for a significant return is best for the Steelers organization. It’s not like suddenly a bunch of Steelers are going to follow suit and try to shoot there way out of town too. Kind of a rare situation.

2 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

I can tell you confidently that all reports of this are 100% false.

2 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Martavis Bryant would make for an extremely poor Patriot, imo.  Complicated playbook, crowded WR room, Brady loves quick little slot WR.  Maybe Belichick asked about Martavis before they successfully acquired Brandin Cooks...

Randy Moss 2007-2009. Martavis would compliment cooks nicely on that team, problem is they like hogan already.

3 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

The Steelers are certainly giving the impression that Bryant won’t be traded, but if they got the right offer they could simply say “we did what we thought was best for the team moving forward.” I get the concept of not letting players force a trade, but in this particular situation it seems like trading Bryant for a significant return is best for the Steelers organization. It’s not like suddenly a bunch of Steelers are going to follow suit and try to shoot there way out of town too. Kind of a rare situation.

Martavis is not a FA until 2019 so a midseason trade does not benefit them unless they get  a ridiculous offer considering his cheap contract. Martavis has real value to the team in terms of depth and adding versatility to the offense when he is on the field so to trade that away simply because the guy doesnt understand you don't handle your unemployment issues via social media would be shortsighted. The steelers are in a hunt for a title so if AB goes down Martavis is next man up so to speak.  Offfseason he would have more trade value  for any team that wants to get him in early as a feature wr. The best thing for Martavis to do is to keep his mouth shut, do his job and execute to his ability because if he plays out the remainder of his  contract with no controversy he should get a better deal as a FA. 

The Steelers are handling things in the correct fashion, they disciplined a player who publicly went negative on the team. 

43 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Martavis is not a FA until 2019 so a midseason trade does not benefit them unless they get  a ridiculous offer considering his cheap contract. Martavis has real value to the team in terms of depth and adding versatility to the offense when he is on the field so to trade that away simply because the guy doesnt understand you don't handle your unemployment issues via social media would be shortsighted. The steelers are in a hunt for a title so if AB goes down Martavis is next man up so to speak.  Offfseason he would have more trade value  for any team that wants to get him in early as a feature wr. The best thing for Martavis to do is to keep his mouth shut, do his job and execute to his ability because if he plays out the remainder of his  contract with no controversy he should get a better deal as a FA. 

The Steelers are handling things in the correct fashion, they disciplined a player who publicly went negative on the team. 

So, essentially we agree. For the right offer, the correct way to handle the situation would be to trade him. Ridding a contending team of a distracting malcontent eho barely contributes in exchange for a high draft pick is the best option for Pittsburgh imo. If they’re just getting junk offers, then yeah, just bench him for now.

2 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

So, essentially we agree. For the right offer, the correct way to handle the situation would be to trade him. Ridding a contending team of a distracting malcontent eho barely contributes in exchange for a high draft pick is the best option for Pittsburgh imo. If they’re just getting junk offers, then yeah, just bench him for now.

I think the steelers mgmt applies that logic to all of their transactions.  They traded Coates to the Browns for a 6th rd pick in Sept. They told Bell sit out if you want but show up for the start of a season because you won't get a new contract this season.

Martavis has a price but i think the scenario of the team should trade the  distraction making malcontent player is a bit of an overreaction when it comes to the organizations gameplan for success. The steelers mgmt  has never caved into player or fan demands based on behavior or sentiment. They are very transactional and disciplined when it comes to trades and contracts. it's just not their organizational DNA to be swayed by bad behavior in terms of trades and contracts.