NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Martavis Bryant 2017 Outlook

Winky

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Martavis will finish this season as the star of the practice squad getting all the reps he wants.  

eriously  He needs to just keep his mouth closed, be a supportive team mate, let his talent ability shine in practice so the coaches can't resist themselves by giving him game snaps and targets.

No OC can resist using a talented weapon if it's available to him

Edited by dashoe

That was difficult to watch. What JuJu did is what we drafted Bryant for.....

I'm determined Steelers simply like JuJu better than Bryant, but I wish we knew that in the preseason so we didn't overdraft MB. Steelers fed him tonight, and he got a ton of work when Detroit used bracket coverage on Brown.

Wish Bryant could have gotten a chance to do his thing earlier in the year.

So now we know Bryant wasn't the problem.  They benched him and relentlessly fed JuJu targets, but ended up with the same familiar result:  a narrow defensive victory.

When you're not using your weapons as well as Alex Smith, it's time to reconsider your approach.

33 minutes ago, Nap Time said:

So now we know Bryant wasn't the problem.  They benched him and relentlessly fed JuJu targets, but ended up with the same familiar result:  a narrow defensive victory.

When you're not using your weapons as well as Alex Smith, it's time to reconsider your approach.

Why? A grind it out, ball control offense with strong defensive play is a winning formula in the NFL. Why divert from a winning strategy just to appease a certified moron?

Edited by MJJ28

11 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

Why? A grind it out, ball control offense with strong defensive play is a winning formula in the NFL. Why change a winning strategy just to appease a certified moron?

Oh, definitely don't try to appease any player.  As I said before, if Bryant were running nothing but clearouts and his numbers were lame but the offense was wreaking havoc, I wouldn't be upset.  I could accept that.  But this is the best roster in the league and they're squeaking out victories against mediocre and bad teams. 

There isn't another player in the league that even comes close to Bryant's underutilization. 

By the way, Big Ben still forced the ball to AB in triple coverage tonight.  :rolleyes:

Edited by Nap Time

At this point the Steelers must trade Bryant. They deactivated him and deliberately/forcefully ran plays for Schuster that they could have been running for Bryant all season. The trade deadline is Tuesday, so its in Bryant's best interest to use Instagram, Twitter and other social media in the next 36 hours to create more distractions. The Steelers like Schuster and deliberately went to him yesterday to stick it to inactive Bryant.

A trade is the only way to rid themselves of further distractions and Bryant needs to keep the distractions front-and-center to force a trade. Buffalo, Chicago and the Saints are the likely front-runners. Those who hate Bryant and want him to go to Cleveland are just wishing for the impossible. The Browns have absolutely no incentive to give up a premium draft pick for Bryant and add him to that OH-and -WHATEVER team. Makes zero sense. It'd be dumb for the Steelers to trade Bryant to the Patriots. But if they offered up a 4th rounder, the Steelers would take it and run.

Edited by phizzics
Irrelevant social commentary deleted

Trading away a player for pennies on the dollar because he threw a hissy fit doesn’t make much sense at all. Fantasy football is not real life. The Steelers are handling the situation accordingly.

I wouldn’t be surprised if a trade does end up happening, but I also wouldn’t be surprised if Bryant is activated again and just ends up playing fourth string deep ball Travis Benjamin type role. 

5 hours ago, Nap Time said:

Because somehow getting Bryant involved will turn this offense around lmao