NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Martavis Bryant 2017 Outlook

Winky

4 hours ago, Iron-cock said:

he is worth more as depth than what he would fetch on the trade market. 

3 hours ago, Asian Sensation said:

Their most naturally talented and projected WR2 before the season began is worth more as depth than what he would fetch on the trade market? 

3 hours ago, Asian Sensation said:

6th, 7th, conditional, bag of chips and a coke maybe nothing.

Which is it, is he worth holding on to for depth or should he be traded for a conditional 6th?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, lolcopter said:

Steelers already have multiple TEs that can’t catch the ball, they don’t need another

Vance seems to get hurt often and the Steelers have been unhappy with James for a while (which is a reason why they traded for Vance) - I'd say it could still be a need for the team, though Ebron obviously has been underwhelming throughout his career at Detroit.

MB is a hold for one reason, and one reason only......slim trade possibility.  If he doesn't get traded by the deadline, he's a safe drop now.  If he doesn't get traded, and somehow gets out of Tomlin's doghouse, he still can't be trusted anymore.  With Juju deserving more playing, there will be too many mouths to feed.  MB will be at best the 4th passing option after Brown, Bell, and Juju.

I dont understand why people wanna be so quick to drop him...if you had him for this long or if hes on the WW, hold onto him for a couple more days...if hes traded he can be a wr2 we envisioned him to be. If not, cut him. Everyones tryna act all smart like drop him but arent even thinking the possibility of his value if he gets traded. Too many uneducated people trying to give advice on this site.

2 hours ago, Iron-cock said:

Which is it, is he worth holding on to for depth or should he be traded for a conditional 6th?

Hypothetically speaking he is way more valuable if they actually used him properly. But I think it’s too late for that and they have no interest in that anyways imo. So realistically at this point they should trade him for whatever they can get. 

8 hours ago, lolcopter said:

Acts like a child, gets punished. So he should act childish again. People actually believe this

Acting like a child on social media can get you elected President of the United States. Doing it again and again keeps the fan base happy. Bryant is following the example of our nation's leaders. What's wrong with that?

Just now, JJ1223 said:

If he's still a Steeler come Wednesday morning, he's the easiest drop of all time.

I think that's a little bit of an overreaction. They clearly need more than two weapons to throw to. Bryant is a great asset. If Ben was throwing the way he used to, Bryant would have 3 TDS minimum already (if anyone has been watching all of their games besides this week, he has gotten the same type of long go route target, and ben keeps throwing it too long every time). Juju is definitely the future WR1 and will be WR2 for right now, but Bryant will still be a great red zone target for his height, and a great go route play still cause of his adjusted speed. He'll be a Ted Ginn of the Steelers more than likely, but way better. I still have faith. 

3 minutes ago, CharlieWhitehurst said:

I think that's a little bit of an overreaction. They clearly need more than two weapons to throw to. Bryant is a great asset. If Ben was throwing the way he used to, Bryant would have 3 TDS minimum already (if anyone has been watching all of their games besides this week, he has gotten the same type of long go route target, and ben keeps throwing it too long every time). Juju is definitely the future WR1 and will be WR2 for right now, but Bryant will still be a great red zone target for his height, and a great go route play still cause of his adjusted speed. He'll be a Ted Ginn of the Steelers more than likely, but way better. I still have faith. 

Unfortunately his head coach does not appear to have the same faith... 

5 minutes ago, CharlieWhitehurst said:

If I may quote the Academy Aware winning movie, Traffic: You guys remind me of Japanese soldiers on deserted islands who still think world war two is still going on.

13 minutes ago, CharlieWhitehurst said:

They have 3 when you count Bell.

Edited by Jwook

8 hours ago, Iron-cock said:

It doesnt matter how talented a player is, if they tick off their coach they'll end up in the doghouse. 

I don't know why this has to be repeated:  he was in the doghouse and the offense was suffering for it, THEN he ticked off the coach.

8 hours ago, Iron-cock said:

It doesnt matter how talented a player is, if they tick off their coach they'll end up in the doghouse.   I feel like this has happened a million times with diva WRs, and it rarely works out in their favor during the season.  

AB didn’t end up in the doghouse and only got a slap on the wrist ($10k fine) for his FB live streaming incident. Nothing happened when he threw a tantrum on the sideline and chucked the Gatorade bucket in a blowout win. Actually, I take that back something did happen. They started forcing the ball to him more ... even in triple coverage.

9 hours ago, lolcopter said:

Because somehow getting Bryant involved will turn this offense around lmao

8 hours ago, Br0kenB said:

lolcopter has been straight facts in here since the beginning

It's kind of funny reading those two posts in short order.  :lol: 

Bryant to the Pats probably makes no sense because in addition to being a knucklehead he's dumb.  The Patriots could suffer Randy Moss being a knucklehead because he's intelligent and grasped the nuances of their system quickly.  Chad Johnson is dumb and couldn't figure it out, so he fit in very poorly.

1 hour ago, Asian Sensation said:

Hypothetically speaking he is way more valuable if they actually used him properly. 

He was drafted in the fourth, his career high in yards for a season was 765.  Why is he worth more at age 26 than he was at age 23 when he was drafted?

If anything his value decreased since then.   

Just now, Iron-cock said:

He was drafted in the fourth, his career high in yards for a season was 765.  Why is he worth more at age 26 than he was at age 23 when he was drafted?

If anything his value decreased since then.   

Not a MB fan, but I will say 26-27 is usually the peak years for WRs. Granted, most of those WRs didn't sit out a whole season.

7 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

He was drafted in the fourth, his career high in yards for a season was 765.

Oh wow, thanks for the info.  I didn't know that.  Now I understand why the Steelers have frozen him out of the offense all season.

7 minutes ago, Nap Time said:

Oh wow, thanks for the info.  I didn't know that.  Now I understand why the Steelers have frozen him out of the offense all season.

He has also been suspended a couple times....the fact that they draft a wr  every year and paid Antonio Brown should tell us what they think about Bryant. They wouldn't have drafted Coates, JuJu and picked up Eli Rogers if they were in love with Bryant. 

2 hours ago, Swagitude said:

I dont understand why people wanna be so quick to drop him...if you had him for this long or if hes on the WW, hold onto him for a couple more days...if hes traded he can be a wr2 we envisioned him to be. If not, cut him. Everyones tryna act all smart like drop him but arent even thinking the possibility of his value if he gets traded. Too many uneducated people trying to give advice on this site.

If i owned him I wouldnt hesitate droppng him for Robby Anderson if he is on the waiver. At least mcown actually targets and connects  with Robby. The problem for martavis is ben is not targeting and connecting with him. . at all. If it hasnt ben figured out in wk8 then when will it?

1 hour ago, dashoe said:

If i owned him I wouldnt hesitate droppng him for Robby Anderson if he is on the waiver. At least mcown actually targets and connects  with Robby. The problem for martavis is ben is not targeting and connecting with him. . at all. If it hasnt ben figured out in wk8 then when will it?

If martavis is still a steeler until wed, drop him. Hold him until then...if he goes to another team (multiple contending teams have called to ask about him), he can be a great boost to your team.

I want to clear one thing up for everyone - you don't have to wait until Wednesday. You can make a claim using him when wire moves process after midnight Wednesday (i.e. make a claim before you go to bed Tues night) if he has not been traded.

From the NFL ops site:

Oct. 31 All trading ends for 2017 at 4:00 p.m., New York time.
Edited by SuperJoint

3 hours ago, Mattice1 said:

He has also been suspended a couple times....the fact that they draft a wr  every year and paid Antonio Brown should tell us what they think about Bryant. They wouldn't have drafted Coates, JuJu and picked up Eli Rogers if they were in love with Bryant. 

Wrong.  That tells us they were concerned he'd have trouble staying on the field, not that they'd ice him while he's on the field.